PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding my b18c2, what pistons can I use?

egsohc
02-12-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm about to start a rebuild on my b18c2. What pistons can I use? At this stage I dont want to use forged pistons, doing a fairly basic rebuild. Was thinking civic or integra type r pistons.
Any advice would be great.

stndrd
02-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Before you ask what pistons should you use, you need to ask yourself what you plan on doing with the engine. Are you going for a OEM rebuild? Building for heavy N/A? Mild or heavy boost?

Once you have answered those questions, you can then start to ask what supporting pistons, con rods, camshafts etc will be required.

If you need aftermarket pistons, con rods, stud kits etc, I can supply with Bisimoto items

egsohc
03-12-2012, 04:34 PM
The plan at this stage was higher comp pistons, balanced bottom end. Stage 2 cams with matching springs. Still deciding on oversize valves.

stndrd
03-12-2012, 10:35 PM
You also need to take into consideration what fuel you are going to run on and what engine management system will be in control of everything. Australian fuel is only good for 12.5:1 compression so if you want to run higher than that, you will need to tune for E85

infurNOS
03-12-2012, 11:41 PM
How many kms on the block?

If it is a lot, you may need to go oversized pistons.

edit: just realised this is my old car LOL

stndrd
04-12-2012, 12:02 AM
^ agreed. Before you go and order anything, get your machinist to strip & measure everything and give you the specs so that you can order either first or second oversize pistons and if you need to machine the crank and run oversize bearings.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to infurNOS again

egsohc
04-12-2012, 03:16 PM
I was planning on going oversize with the pistons. Its original bore, but will be going oversize. Crank grind was always going to happen too. The ecu has been remapped already so always ran it on 98. Will be sticking with that.

Was just curious to see what people here had used. Search showed either integra type r or civic type r pistons. Compression might be a bit too high with the civic type r pistons.

I have built plenty of engines, this is my 1st honda.

dc2r_fAn
04-12-2012, 03:38 PM
cp pistons eagle con rods and itbs type r box and your laughing

joe.teg
04-12-2012, 04:10 PM
i just rebuilt my b18c2, pm if you have any questions

egsohc
04-12-2012, 05:01 PM
cp pistons eagle con rods and itbs type r box and your laughing

That would be awesome, the pistons and rods are a good price from the u.s. Tempting

infurNOS
04-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Just realised this is my old car LOL...awkward.