PDA

View Full Version : Factory EK power windows...

BLKek
17-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Will the door trims (armrest with switches) from an EK fitted with power windows bolt into my CXi? Providing I can retrim or match the trim, I'm thinking of going power windows and I'll use the Factory door kit and switches but aftermarket window lift kit (the metal sissor action type as I had cable driven in my old car and they snapped after time, the metal kit is much stronger and quieter than the honda item).

Any idea guys? TIA..

NightRyder
17-03-2005, 11:07 PM
The power window kit should bolt straight on as it is similar to the GLi. However, not sure about the aftermarket lift kit, would recommend getting honda ones as well just in case....
I've had past experience with using aftermarket stuff and they never seem to work for me. So, I have said to myself that OEM is the best way to go even though they may be a bit more expensive, the extra $$$ gives you that peace of mind that it will 99% of the time, fit/bolt on with ease...

Anyway, well that's my opinion...

|N|
17-03-2005, 11:13 PM
The power window kit should bolt straight on as it is similar to the GLi. However, not sure about the aftermarket lift kit, would recommend getting honda ones as well just in case....
I've had past experience with using aftermarket stuff and they never seem to work for me. So, I have said to myself that OEM is the best way to go even though they may be a bit more expensive, the extra $$$ gives you that peace of mind that it will 99% of the time, fit/bolt on with ease...

Anyway, well that's my opinion...

agree:thumbsup:

just get them from wrecker... i reckon they go for pretty cheap...

BLKek
18-03-2005, 10:00 AM
These kits I get are excellent, I've used them before and aren't cheap either (around $650 without switches or relays - just the motor and assembly). They're all metal gears etc so they don't wear out and they are much quieter than the factory Honda ones and bolt straight in (I forget the brand sorry).

But yeah, I guess I'll see how much I can get the factory door trims and switches for from a wrecker.

PAPZ
21-03-2005, 11:02 PM
you can get power window kits from electric life in liverpool on heathcote rd. they are mad for most makes and definatley fit in to the cxi! i got a set =o)

there number is (02) 9602 1476 there is a melb office as well which is (03) 9383 3511

BLKek
22-03-2005, 08:30 AM
electric life

That's them, haha, good stuff, but I only want the motors and gears, I want to use the factory honda switches and door trims, hate the ugly black plugs they use to cover the winder hole :thumbdwn: