PDA

View Full Version : WANTED! advice for engine swap SOHC 1.6 to b18c

statique
28-12-2003, 01:47 AM
hi!
i currently have a SOHC 1.6 Vtec and im considering converting my engine to a B18c - i am new to this forum and i need to know if anyone has made this conversion before (in this forum) will i be able to swap without making any alterations to the mounts or whathaveyou? can i just take out the SOHC currently installed and implement this B18c and use the same gearbox etc? can i just plug the existing wiring harness without having to splice wires and change the connector thingies etc???
please help me i need help thanks!
~
Xavier

[[d a n n y]]
28-12-2003, 09:11 AM
we have more than 1 car which has done the conversion..

it's a straight bolt in bolt out...but the brakes and the suspension should be changed to the b18c counterparts

if u want more info PM me

OLM-02R
28-12-2003, 11:26 AM
wat car do u have btw?? which b18c u after?? b18c-vtir teg or b18c7 ITR?? how much is ur budget??

statique
28-12-2003, 01:18 PM
ok i have an EG, 94 vti - i want b18c (the most cost fesable version) i want bang for my buck! i was going to purchase a b16a from a del sol crx for $1200 but i figured if i can get more horses for a bit extra cash i would rather that... let me know what you think... i dont require the whole front cut (gearbox etc..) i only want the bits i actually need...
cheers for the quick response guys!

OLM-02R
28-12-2003, 01:50 PM
are you going to do the conversion urself??

statique
28-12-2003, 04:56 PM
yeah i want to - thats why im askin ;) so yeah... do most people get it done by a pro or do it them selves in this forum? i wanna give it a go.. never done anyhting like this before but im a bit of a tech nerd so i wont find it too hard i recon!

bennjamin
28-12-2003, 05:01 PM
Its best to spend alittle more in the first place, rather than have to pay up even more after !

A well known proverb that applies to all CAR mods etc :)

Personally , i am in the middle of a engine conversion with a friend - and it will be a challenge. Cheaper , but will have various bugs and glitches along the way.

But, give ur car , engine and bits to a pro mechanic , plus cash , and they will install it for you , hassle free , and with guarentee.

Its your choice mate.

Good luck.

statique
28-12-2003, 09:31 PM
ok... i have a mate thats a mechanic... i might get a bit of help from him... he has all the proper tools etc too... so can anyone suggest the best way about getting a b18c? the only gear i have been able to source is either tooo expensive or seems a little dodgie.. i would like to do this the most cost fesable way..
:?

diu le lo mo
29-12-2003, 04:26 AM
if u are doing this big project...u may as well buy the whole car.....the whole engine n gearbox is almost straight fit....just slight mod on the engine mount.... front caliper change....well....cut the crap....its really the whole front cut of the whole Integra...........

diu le lo mo
29-12-2003, 04:26 AM
if u are doing this big project...u may as well buy the whole car.....the whole engine n gearbox is almost straight fit....just slight mod on the engine mount.... front caliper change....well....cut the crap....its really the whole front cut of the whole Integra...........

statique
29-12-2003, 09:41 AM
haha!
yeah i expected that...

statique
29-12-2003, 09:42 AM
fair enough... hehe might go the front cut... i have 2 grand to spend so far... as i mentioned earlier i dont mind spending the extra cash just wanted to do this project so i can learn a bit... :) i was looking on the USA ebay sites they are selling them for USD $2000 and cheaper... they claim that they are all from Japan... does anyone here have any japan connections? what are the import taxes and costs like for getting them here? i just wanna know what im up for...

[[d a n n y]]
29-12-2003, 12:28 PM
mate half cut mate...it's the way to go...

diu le lo mo he wants to be different...

a civic with b18 will run faster than a integra :P

wuism
02-02-2004, 01:55 AM
hey guys

new here and i was thinking of doing the same... even put a b18c7 in if i could find one.

half cut is expensive,wondering how many more parts would i need besides the ECU? i'm sure brakes and stuff i can find in other cars.

do i need 2 change gear box??

wat 2 do?!? :?

thsnks

tofu R
02-02-2004, 07:06 AM
hey diu lei lo mo ..
your a fully hard **** mate .. what a sick name
are you from TE as well ? ive seen your name there .. or was it one of your fully sick hardcore brothers ??

tofu R
02-02-2004, 07:07 AM
oh btw about the swap ..
its an engine swap.. not lego ..
i wouldnt just give it a go .. cos u will most like end up with a fuked up situation..

anyway .. if u do decide.. i would recommend u get a half cut .. not "just the bits and pieces" cos a front cut is like a "package" got all the wiring u need bla bla bla .. if u dont .. u'll probably end up paying more in the end ..