PDA

View Full Version : CL9 went into crawl home mode....

BraXta
07-12-2012, 03:34 PM
hey guys...

weelllll... last thursday my cl9 went to crawl home mode on my gf...... now she took it to the mechanic and he resetted the ECU and it ran for 30secs and back down to crawl mode he said i need to take to honda.... I took the car to honda today and it turns out the electric throttle controller shorted out, or thats what the diagnostics pc said... so once changed they said they had issues learning in the new ETC. they suggested that its because of the Throttle body coolant bypass was "Removed".... and caused the throttle body to clag up...and i still dont have my car because they wanted to retry the car when cold to see if it has any issues...

Anyone else ever heard of this problem.. and you reakon they are bullshitting bout the TBCB mod caused the problem....
i dunno but im pissed because this all cost me 620 bucks lol could have had some thing nice on the car.... lol

sodaz
07-12-2012, 04:18 PM
So they replaced the throttle controller? Do you have an OBD2 scan tool to verify the issue?

My suggestion, take it elsewhere and get a second opinion.

aaronng
07-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Usually it is the accelerator pedal position sensor that causes this issue. This is the black box near the passenger's side strut tower when you have the bonnet open. Nothing to do with the throttle body.

BraXta
08-12-2012, 04:11 PM
yeh aaronng thats what they changed... i think its just another typical mechanic just looking for excuses and the throttle body coolant was the perfect excuse to say... It aint that honda stuffed up putting ETC its because u took a pipe off...
im gonna put the piping back one just for the sake that if it happens to play up again they then have no excuses... probably blame the Js racing strut next....
anyway part was changed and car started up so alls well car feels more resposive when i take off now .... before there was a slight lag... but now its sweet =D

so i guess they changed the right part..

i dont have a OBD2 tool whats that =D hehe

sodaz
09-12-2012, 08:58 AM
That's good news mate!

The OBD2 scan tool is very useful as it can clear the check engine code and tell you the fault. So instead of taking it to a mechanic and having them charge you $100 you can do it yourself.

aiutn
09-12-2012, 10:30 PM
i had to replace that sensor too. seems pretty common

BraXta
15-12-2012, 08:20 AM
hmmm gots to get a OBD2 tool =D
Any ideas where (i know i can search but cbf... =P)

sodaz
15-12-2012, 08:59 AM
hmmm gots to get a OBD2 tool =D
Any ideas where (i know i can search but cbf... =P)

Ebay my friend. I got mine for $50. Best thing ever to keep in your car. I've saved myself so much money.

BraXta
15-12-2012, 09:09 AM
will do now next problem to fix.... my front interior light not turning on... lol and globes are fine =P time to search forum