PDA

View Full Version : B18C - Header options

Kelezzay
15-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Hey Ozhonda,

I'm in the market of finding suitable headers for my B18C. I've concluded with the following options:

J's Racing - 4-2-1
TODA V2

My following questions are..

What's the difference in size?
What's the noticeable gains? Low/Mild/Top?
Clearance in height?

Any possible input will be muchly appreciated.

Thanks,

JDM DC2R
16-12-2012, 11:26 AM
4-2-1 are the best for clearance! So both the toda and J's are the same. As for power toda will give better result. Slightly! The pipe size is pretty much the same. Just slightly differ design!

Id go the J's as for the money the power difference is not worth it!

Or go way cheaper and get 4-1's Dc sport JDM headers. Give you similar power figures at half the price. But you will loss ground clearance!

simply.shredded
16-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Plm headers = bang for buck

limiteR
16-12-2012, 11:53 PM
ill let you know how the Toda 2 power headers go, getting then fitted today.

stndrd
17-12-2012, 09:12 AM
If you are looking at spending that sort of money, I would look no further than Bisimoto V2 header. Proven power gains, whether it be on a stock motor or fully built motor and used on the worlds quickest n/a drag Honda's. PM for prices

Jccck
17-12-2012, 11:17 AM
If you are looking at spending that sort of money, I would look no further than Bisimoto V2 header. Proven power gains, whether it be on a stock motor or fully built motor and used on the worlds quickest n/a drag Honda's. PM for prices

This^

Bisimoto Header is the #1 WHP increase per $.
And quite often they'll have a sale/special on and you can get one even cheaper.

Not quite sure if you'd lose ground clearance or not though.

dougie_504
18-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Most likely not. Bisimoto primaries tend to come out from the head more than other headers before moving down toward the sump so you can get good primary lengths but also do so at the top, not the bottom where you end up losing that ground clearance.

IE - they're very good for power/ground clearance from what I have seen in person, especially the B18 ones.

infurNOS
18-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Plm headers = bang for buck

This.

mocchi
18-12-2012, 11:10 PM
header like smsp have best ground clearance bogs
other 421 not so good. e.g. hytech

DTN
18-12-2012, 11:32 PM
I got Maximworks header, the quality is pretty good and has good ground clearance. Definitely felt an improvement when i got them on but im yet to dyno my car

simply.shredded
19-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Seriously why spend the extra cash for a few kw ? Lol

dougie_504
19-12-2012, 05:06 PM

Why not? Lol

Because race car...

simply.shredded
19-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Why not? Lol

Because race car...

Hahaha yeah

Touché

Jccck
20-12-2012, 08:04 AM

Bisimoto Header,
Starting from like $700?
27WHP gain over the factory unit, on an otherwise standard F22A Motor.
(I assume the gain for this particular Motor would be comparitable)

That's serious power for your $'s.
Most people spend more than that on full exhaust systems, intakes, spark plugs, etc.. And it won't get you half of what that header will.

Benson
20-12-2012, 08:54 AM
PLM will do the job fine. If you ever get a built B-series, then shoot for Bisimoto and/or SSR headers

connorling
20-12-2012, 10:16 AM
i doubt it.
even it was a back to back dyno test, changing some parameter can show increase in power number. but wont necessary increase power.

Bisimoto Header,
Starting from like $700?
27WHP gain over the factory unit, on an otherwise standard F22A Motor.
(I assume the gain for this particular Motor would be comparitable)

That's serious power for your $'s.
Most people spend more than that on full exhaust systems, intakes, spark plugs, etc.. And it won't get you half of what that header will.

stndrd
20-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Tell me what headers other 9 second na hondas use? There is a reason why the Bisimoto headers are far superior to everything else, but when people dont want to reach for the top and settle for second best, they try and shame those at the top

connorling
20-12-2012, 12:01 PM
you mad?

Tell me what headers other 9 second na hondas use? There is a reason why the Bisimoto headers are far superior to everything else, but when people dont want to reach for the top and settle for second best, they try and shame those at the top

curtis265
20-12-2012, 12:13 PM
A florist will always say his flowers smell best.

connorling
20-12-2012, 12:17 PM
couldnt have said it better.

+1 to you.

dougie_504
20-12-2012, 01:34 PM

couldnt have said it better.

+1 to you.

We're talking about header options so what do you two recommend, rather than being the typical tall poppy hunters just taking down a brand that you've probably never used?

Benson and stndrd both recommend them after being extensively experienced in the trade. The header is competitively priced too.

connorling
20-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Price is good compare to other.
Just don't believe the 27hp increase or whatever.

I am not saying don't buy that header.

I was stating fact that dyno number can be changed with parameter, not necessary reflect the true improvement.
And sleeping performance start saying people can't afford top end items and shame the top end item users.

Don't believe ad until u try it urself.

For me, I have had used some headers in my b18c, and none feel massively improve. But then I haven't tried the +27hp header, go for it since its cheap as chip. But I am suprise some people can take facts in a wrong way, especially trader.

Jccck
21-12-2012, 08:15 AM
But I am suprise some people can take facts in a wrong way, especially trader.

Facts?

i doubt it.
even it was a back to back dyno test, changing some parameter can show increase in power number. but wont necessary increase power.

Just don't believe the 27hp increase or whatever.

Damn look at those rock solid facts. ^

You're making an assumption, that one of the worlds foremost authoritys on performance Hondas, especially N/A ones (Have you even seen how many world records he's broken/still holds)
Would change a parameter on his Dynapack, to falsely advertise a power gain?
And you expect Stndrd, Benson and myself to believe your 'assumption' that this is the case?

Stndrd, Benson and myself don't recommend Bisimoto parts because we read somewhere on the internet that they're good.
We do so because we've bought them, used them, and seen the quality and passion that goes into this company.
I'm down right offended that you'd even claim such a thing.

And my friend, YOU are the only one here who is 'taking facts in a wrong way'.

Curtis, whilst i agree with that statement completely.
There should be no arguement in this thread, as to who produces the best smelling flowers at a fair price, as time has proven again and again.

connorling
21-12-2012, 10:19 AM

Facts?

Damn look at those rock solid facts. ^

You're making an assumption, that one of the worlds foremost authoritys on performance Hondas, especially N/A ones (Have you even seen how many world records he's broken/still holds)
Would change a parameter on his Dynapack, to falsely advertise a power gain?
And you expect Stndrd, Benson and myself to believe your 'assumption' that this is the case?

Stndrd, Benson and myself don't recommend Bisimoto parts because we read somewhere on the internet that they're good.
We do so because we've bought them, used them, and seen the quality and passion that goes into this company.
I'm down right offended that you'd even claim such a thing.

And my friend, YOU are the only one here who is 'taking facts in a wrong way'.

Curtis, whilst i agree with that statement completely.
There should be no arguement in this thread, as to who produces the best smelling flowers at a fair price, as time has proven again and again.ok,

just answer me these,

did I say that Bisimoto changed the parameter on the dyno to make power increase?

and

is it true ANYONE can change the parameter to make it looks like it has improvement?

dougie_504
21-12-2012, 10:54 AM
i doubt it.

Looks to me like you as good as said it or else implied it strongly enough. Or are you now going to come out and say 'no I never said they changed a parameter'? You're own words are as baseless as the manufacturer's claims of a 27HP increase in this case.

All the same, OP has gone the TODA option so this whole thread is a waste of space now.