PDA

View Full Version : sub/amp installation ep3

Giiberish
16-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Having trouble installing sub and amp into my ep3r. Missing too many tools and am incompetent with these things.

I have all the parts and wires. Contacted autobarn etc and it seems too expensive. If anyone can offer to help I can drive to you and compensate with a slab.

doosra
14-01-2013, 02:47 PM
you don't really need ay specific tools.. what kind of problem are you having?

baby_phantom
14-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Done mine in 1 day

During: http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/406726_4670100442739_1134971381_n.jpg

Finished: http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/530442_4672360859248_1145515025_n.jpg

Didn't need many tools. Just simple stuff

-JC-
14-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Having trouble installing sub and amp into my ep3r. Missing too many tools and am incompetent with these things.

I have all the parts and wires. Contacted autobarn etc and it seems too expensive. If anyone can offer to help I can drive to you and compensate with a slab.

It's actually pretty simple when you know what you are in for mate. I found a comprehensive 24 page guide with pics that will assist you if you are still interested in doing it yourself. I found it on the UK Civic Type R Site, pretty sure it's a sticky thread over there, if you know your way around a screwdriver it shouldn't present too many dramas.

What is it exactly that you are struggling with? I may be able to offer some tips, you will see in my build thread that my stereo has had a couple of different incarnations so far. Happy to help out where I can.

Edit: Just found the guide, I have it saved, drop me a pm with your email address and I can send it through for you.

doosra
14-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Yeah once you've learnt the basics of connecting a system, it's very easy and the hard part is taking out the dash on installs but that's what YouTube is for.

Cayaes - your setup is super nice.. mines not as tucked away as yours

Typer_owner
31-05-2014, 06:26 AM
It's actually pretty simple when you know what you are in for mate. I found a comprehensive 24 page guide with pics that will assist you if you are still interested in doing it yourself. I found it on the UK Civic Type R Site, pretty sure it's a sticky thread over there, if you know your way around a screwdriver it shouldn't present too many dramas.

What is it exactly that you are struggling with? I may be able to offer some tips, you will see in my build thread that my stereo has had a couple of different incarnations so far. Happy to help out where I can.

Edit: Just found the guide, I have it saved, drop me a pm with your email address and I can send it through for you.
Hey do you still have this guide. It's been taken off the other forum. Can you email it to me also. James_baillie@btinternet.com

Thanks

-JC-
31-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Hey do you still have this guide. It's been taken off the other forum. Can you email it to me also. James_baillie@btinternet.com

Thanks

On your email now mate. Enjoy!

amant02
31-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Im in Sydney, Hit us a PM. Ill tell you what to do and you can do all the work. Once you have done 1, rest are 2nd nature.

TBH all you need a 2x screw drivers flat + Phillip head, 1 wire stripper (can use teeth), Soldering iron, Heat/Oxygen free wrap.

If your missing anything letme know before hand.