PDA

View Full Version : MY14 Accord Euro

SPQR
16-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Apparently, the new model (MY14) Accord Euro is due in Australia in September-October 2013, 5-6 months after the new Accord is due in April-May 2013.

That means that we should be seeing preview photos of the new Euro from around February 2013.

antony
17-12-2012, 02:53 PM
I beleive the Acura TLX will be the new Euro,but that car is only being launched in the USA at the end of 2013,so dont think it will be here brfore 2014.

SPQR
17-12-2012, 03:36 PM
The TLX is a downsized TL but it will replace the TL and the current TSX. Remember that TL was always a North America model only based on the USA Accord. There will still be a a Honda Accord (Euro) for the rest of the world.

Fredoops
17-12-2012, 04:23 PM
I dunno about rest of the world, I think it'll just be Japan and Oceania (and South Africa).

I still think Honda EU would drop the Accord altogether like they said back in September, it just doesnt sale.

And I also dont think DongFeng would keep a assembly line open for 1500 cars a month without some sort of major revamp, both pricing and space wise, it's simply the wrong car for the market at the wrong price currently. I saw on a Chinese news site that Sprior was barely breaking even (due to the fact it uses mostly imported parts, compared to the Accord using local parts).

Anyhow, the new Accord "Euro" should get (according to http://paultan.org/2012/05/01/honda-earth-dreams-technology-aiming-for-best-in-class-fuel-consumption-in-every-segment-with-fun-to-match/)

- DI
- New Auto trannys (probably a CVT *cringe*)
- A-VTEC replacing iVTEC, may not be the name tho (tuned for economy)

Imma take a stab in the dark to say the new earthdreams 2.4 motor would make:
205hp
255nm

antony
17-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Globally Honda sell 100 000 CU2s per year,I cannot see them giving up all those sales all that easily,to competitors like Mazda,Toyota,Kia ,Hyundai,Subaru ,Opel,Ford,and VW.

Fredoops
17-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Globally Honda sell 100 000 CU2s per year,I cannot see them giving up all those sales all that easily,to competitors like Mazda,Toyota,Kia ,Hyundai,Subaru and VW.

The the battle for the EU's pretty much over.

With economy down the toliet and that many competitors in the sector. 2500 Accord sales a year for UK (which happens to be Honda's largest EU market, 2x size of the next largest, Germany), we shift that much in a quarter.

EU buys Civic/Jazz/CRV (made in UK), accords, not so much anymore, at least not as long as it's made in Japan, the problem with exchange rate means Honda isn't exactly making money on the cars they export to the EU.
And the eu sales is just... Well you can see for yourself.
http://world.honda.com/investors/financial_data/segment/#seg02

SPQR
18-12-2012, 05:24 AM
Honda won't be giving up the segment. Mazda is going all out with the new 6 in Europe. Honda is in the process of updating engine technology that will make it competitive.

Speaking of the Mazda 6; I went for a drive in one last Saturday. Pretty impressive but it has a harsher ride than the CU2 and that was with 17" wheels. The entry to the back seat is compromised by the roof styling. To me it's the fatal flaw for the car but it was the same for the outgoing model. I didn't like the engine stop-start feature which was a bit agricultural in execution.

antony
18-12-2012, 06:21 AM
Honda won't be giving up the segment. Mazda is going all out with the new 6 in Europe. Honda is in the process of updating engine technology that will make it competitive.

Speaking if the Mazda 6; I went for a drive in one last Saturday. Pretty impressive but it has a harsher ride than the CU2 and that was with 17" wheels. The entry to the back seat is compromised by the roof styling. To me it's the fatal flaw for the car but it was the same for the outgoing model. I didn't like the engine stop-start feature which was a bit agricultural in execution.

Funny I also went to look at the Mazda 6 on Saturday.

It looks stunning,way better than the previous version.
Interior fit and finish looked good,and standard equopment in base model is impressive.

I think the CU2s boot seemed bigger,and the back seat enrty /exit is awkward.

I did not drive one yet,but think the Euro is STILL competitive against it...

buddah51au
18-12-2012, 10:13 AM
If they move to a CVT auto it will be a death sentence for me,

leetie123
18-12-2012, 03:36 PM
If they move to a CVT auto it will be a death sentence for me,

same here. I had the CVT honda Jazz and it was bad
I really hate the rubber band feeling of CVT, any CVT is a no no for me

BigBen
18-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Most likely it will have direct injection and CVT tranny all in the name of fuel economy and saving the planet.

How about making the car as light as possible with using carbon fibre everything, ala Lexus LFA, Ferrari, Lambo etc.

We are working closely with a company in Australia which can manufacture carbon fibre WITHOUT the need of a vacuum heat oven chamber (autoclave). This will revolutionise the carbon fibre composite industry. Hopefully the company will stay in Australia rather than being brought by the US.

SPQR
18-12-2012, 11:07 PM
CVT might be the death knell for the Euro? The new Accord might come with the dreaded CVT as it does in the USA but the Euro? Surely not. Lets all write loudly to the deaf-eared Honda OZ and tell them what their next stuff-up might be...

Fredoops
18-12-2012, 11:39 PM
CVT might be the death knell for the Euro? The new Accord might come with the dreaded CVT as it does in the USA but the Euro? Surely not. Lets all write loudly to the deaf-eared Honda OZ and tell them what their next stuff-up might be...

They've already tested the earthdreams tech (which focuses on hybrids and... cvt) on the CU2 as test mules

http://paultan.org/2012/05/01/honda-earth-dreams-technology-aiming-for-best-in-class-fuel-consumption-in-every-segment-with-fun-to-match/

antony
19-12-2012, 07:06 AM
The Honda Concept c will give a clue to the next Euro/Spirior/TLX,Google it,it looks quite impressive ???

Or will we get the Acura ILX as the next Euro ???

It looks stylish,but it is Civic based,whereas the Euro has always been Accord based.

Interesting and exciting times ahead for all of us Euro lovers.

I hope my next car will not have to be the new Mazda 6 .............

aaronng
19-12-2012, 04:31 PM
There will be better choices other than the Mazda6. The new Euro will have to go in fighting.

For me, the lure is the 2013 Mondeo (if it ever gets here).

http://images.canberratimes.com.au/2012/09/06/3614231/2013-Ford-Mondeo-1_1024-600x400.jpg

SPQR
19-12-2012, 06:56 PM
The Honda Concept c will give a clue to the next Euro/Spirior/TLX,Google it,it looks quite impressive ???

That's been around for a while. It came out not long before the first USDM Accord spy photos were available and I thought that it previewed the new USDM Accord rather than the JDM Accord (Euro). In any case, yuk! The big schnoz/Mondeo/Aston Martin is looking alot better.

SPQR
19-12-2012, 08:24 PM

The 6 isn't a bad car. It's quiet, sharp handling and potent enough. But it has some fatal flaws such as:

a roof so low that getting into the back seat or helping kids into the back seat is compromised (which was a feature of the superseded model);
the non-switchable engine stop system;
the shallow boot;
the relatively harsh ride even with the 17 wheels;
front headrests that poke the back of skinny peoples' heads; and
the wagon version has a much shorter wheelbase.

Apart from that its a good car...