PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Accord Euro CU2 air con and transmission problem

noyaeye
16-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Hi everyone, im new here and thanks for reading this thread.

I bought my car about a month ago, since day one i realized that was a bit of the pushy feeling when the car changes gear, its not that smooth, you sitting in the car you would get pushed forward a bit when it changes gear, not like massive push, just a little bit, but you do feel it, happens more obvious when the engine is cold.

havent done my service yet, not sure if its normal or what.. its a auto btw.

And today is a 31 degree day, when i jumped in my car turned on the air con, it was all cold as freezing im talking about, never happened like that before, i waited, nothing happens, the most weird thing is when i put up to 28 degrees, its still cold, only gets a little bit hotter when i turned to Hi....im pretty sure its not normal, but i just would like to ask for more information about this, because this is the first honda i ever owned and heard a lot of good stories about this car, but is the thing i mentioned above normal or?

Thanks for reading and any comment will be highly appreciated.

noyaeye
18-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Why there's so many ppl reading it and no one does ever reply?

EKVTIR-T
18-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Maybe they wanted to help and read it,then they didnt know any answer

noyaeye
18-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Must be lol

SPQR
18-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Maybe if it is moved to the Accord Euro thread instead of the Accord thread...Someone might notice. But my CL9 has these bouts of weirdness sometimes and I eventually thought it was just a part of Honda-ness.

Jasemas
22-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Transmission shifting harshly when cold?
Transmission shifting smoother when warm?
When you first drive your car in the morning, take it easy on accelerating and gears changes - no racecar driving, until its warmed up

The air-con i have no idea what the question is, sorry

Fredoops
27-12-2012, 11:49 PM
1st of all, welcome to Honda ownership, where dealers rub you blind on servicing charges.... Twice a year.

2nd, please post in the dedicated accord euro forum, the accord forums dead, not many visitors.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?86-Accord-Euro

3rd, the sensation while shifting is partly slippage caused by the auto transmission fluid. Caused by the friction modifiers in the fluid. Also partly caused by the clutch pack in the Honda auto transmission, yes honda autos have clutches in them, partly why they are so notoriously unreliable.

Better get used to that slipping sensation... because if you hate that sensation now... Wait a few years, it ain't gonna get better.

Re:aircon, since your cars new I'd say its the refrigerants finally start to be fully functional. Enjoy it.

BigBen
04-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Fredoops right about the transmission, the clutch packs are very similar to motorcycle clutch packs. So regular transmission fluid change is some insurance for getting more life out of the tranny.

DVS-00R
06-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Yes change your gear box oil. You will notice a big difference.

Fredoops
06-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Yes change your gear box oil. You will notice a big difference.

Cars brand new, I wouldn't change it quite yet.

noyaeye
13-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Thanks guys for ur replies.
Air con did not have a problem as told from the dealers, and tranny I felt its better than before probably it was just started to run in!

EKVTIR-T
13-01-2013, 05:11 PM
good to hear

give it a while longer and report back if you feel anything

Jasemas
13-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys for ur replies.
Air con did not have a problem as told from the dealers, and tranny I felt its better than before probably it was just started to run in!

That's good
When cold in the morning, give it 30 seconds to let the oil circulate through the engine and no revving past 3000 rpm
Give it a couple of minutes of soft driving to let the cold transmission shift better
Hope it helps