PDA

View Full Version : My13 euro cu2 transmission smoothness?

noyaeye
18-12-2012, 09:54 PM
My car is only like 2 month old and I feel the tranny every time it changes gear it pushes u forward a bit then engage again the colder the engine is the worse
WheN it geTs normal temp it's ok but u do still feel it
I'm just wondering is it normal or there's something wrong?
And if u accelerate the car from 0 to like 60 or 70 from gear 1 to 2 u feel the massive push there! Any knows what I'm talking about?

Fredoops
18-12-2012, 11:44 PM
My car is only like 2 month old and I feel the tranny every time it changes gear it pushes u forward a bit then engage again the colder the engine is the worse
WheN it geTs normal temp it's ok but u do still feel it
I'm just wondering is it normal or there's something wrong?
And if u accelerate the car from 0 to like 60 or 70 from gear 1 to 2 u feel the massive push there! Any knows what I'm talking about?

the feeling to "PUSH" from gear 1 to 2 is the torque converter at work, the rest is just normal engagement, perhaps your car is still runnign in, it may get better soon.

aaronng
19-12-2012, 03:38 AM
When the engine is cold, it applies more throttle to warm the engine up quicker. Coldstart idle is 1500rpm, whereas warm idle is 700-800rpm. The additional throttle makes the auto gearbox shift from 1 to 2 a bit more roughly because the throttle is still being applied by the ecu to warm the engine up. It should go away after 3-5 minutes. The transmission fluid is also cold at this time, which may also contribute to the jerkiness.

I recommend that you don't rev the engine up to be able to reach 60 km/h in 1st gear when it is still cold. It will cause premature engine and transmission wear.

08r3308
20-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Its normal, I have driven 3 cu2 and they all same.

If its going to make thou fell better go for a test drive in one and it will be same.

Well I hope its normal and not s massive fault with design

jayy
08-05-2013, 11:58 PM
has anybody have an issue with gear changing going down hill? sometimes it doesn't kick down a gear so it constantly revs around 3000rpm. this is on a auto cu2 btw

Fredoops
09-05-2013, 02:25 AM
has anybody have an issue with gear changing going down hill? sometimes it doesn't kick down a gear so it constantly revs around 3000rpm. this is on a auto cu2 btw

That's the hill descent control working.

Jasemas
09-05-2013, 10:39 PM
That's the hill descent control working.

x2 Shift Grade Logic

And who fangs there car while cold and not expect the car to be jerky sheesh