PDA

View Full Version : IACV Cleaning

blabla
24-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Hey,

Guys I just want to find out if its safe to use the following product on the Iacv.

http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Aerosols/Foaming_Air_Intake_Cleaner/#.UNe1W-Scfj4

Thanks,

SQXPRT
24-12-2012, 01:25 PM
I did mine with metho and a small soft brush.
Had to pull out the throttle body and disassemble though... still cheaper than a new IACV.

The tricky bit was getting it back together properly to ensure no leaks.

blabla
24-12-2012, 03:11 PM
I did mine with metho and a small soft brush.
Had to pull out the throttle body and disassemble though... still cheaper than a new IACV.

The tricky bit was getting it back together properly to ensure no leaks.

No damage to the rubber seal?

TbM
24-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Hey,

Guys I just want to find out if its safe to use the following product on the Iacv.

http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Aerosols/Foaming_Air_Intake_Cleaner/#.UNe1W-Scfj4

Thanks,
Ive used that before and havent had any issues. its similar to Subaru upper engine cleaner.

blabla
24-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Ive used that before and havent had any issues. its similar to Subaru upper engine cleaner.

Cool i was told not to get in inside :confused:

B18cEG
24-12-2012, 03:48 PM
The best thing to clean an iacv by far is a cheap $2 can of supercheap degreaser or similar, give it a good 5-10 second blast in both the inlet and outlet (not the water side of it but easily rinsed out) then stand in on its side so that the ports are facing up and fill with degreaser all the way and let it soak for 5-10min, tip out then spray again to remove any loose particles, shake it to get rid of any excess degreaser and your done, works every single time.

TbM
24-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Cool i was told not to get in inside :confused:
inside of what?

The best thing to clean an iacv by far is a cheap $2 can of supercheap degreaser or similar, give it a good 5-10 second blast in both the inlet and outlet (not the water side of it but easily rinsed out) then stand in on its side so that the ports are facing up and fill with degreaser all the way and let it soak for 5-10min, tip out then spray again to remove any loose particles, shake it to get rid of any excess degreaser and your done, works every single time.

ive used degreaser before and subaru upper engine cleaner has given better results.

blabla
24-12-2012, 03:59 PM
inside of what?

ive used degreaser before and subaru upper engine cleaner has given better results.

[QUOTE=TbM;3627489]inside of what?
Ur guess is as good as mine put the this up on the ozhonda fb page and ye.

SQXPRT
27-12-2012, 06:33 PM
No damage to the rubber seal?

no, gently removed it from the TB, and it all went back together ok

FRK202
22-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Bump, curious as to how this "foam" worked?

blabla
23-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Bump, curious as to how this "foam" worked?

Comes out as foam but it turns into liquid after it sits for a bit I used 1 full can on cleaning the IVAC & throttle body It was filthy. Just struggling now to adjust the idle screw.

B18cEG
23-01-2013, 10:29 AM
How are you struggling exactly? cant get idle to hold or screw stripped or something?

blabla
23-01-2013, 10:47 AM
How are you struggling exactly? cant get idle to hold or screw stripped or something?

The condition of the screw is new but its the idle adjustment method thats all.

FRK202
29-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Did you just take off your pipe from the airbox and spray that stuff in there, let it sit then jack up one side of the car to let it drain out? Or did you physically remove the IACV?

blabla
30-01-2013, 06:58 AM
Did you just take off your pipe from the airbox and spray that stuff in there, let it sit then jack up one side of the car to let it drain out? Or did you physically remove the IACV?

Removed IACV.

SQXPRT
25-02-2013, 09:25 PM
The idle screw should be adjusted to give "throttle closed" switch signal to computer