PDA

View Full Version : NSW caught on suspended licence. Advice needed

bos1234
25-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Hi
Recently, I got caught on a suspended licence. Police pulled me over for a random breathe test and found defects in my car. Subsequently, he found that my licence was suspended.

I am going to court in Feb 2013. Has anyone been in the same situation? Would I require a lawyer? What punishments can I expect to encounter?

edit: I was suspended for 3 months --> applied for good behaviour bond - received 1 point

Got caught using mobile phone - suspended for 6 months

Got caught whilst suspended for 6 months --> going to court.

Riced_Civic
25-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Advice, u should not have been driving while suspended. This would never have happened.

u mad?
25-12-2012, 11:51 AM
U shoulda hooked it bro, ur prolly gon grt 1k fine and double the suspension period

DakDak
25-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Dont waste money on a lawyer. Just cop it. Hefty fine and increased suspension.

Tosies
25-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Join the club, got done for the same thing! Just hack it haha probably looking at a fine and 1year suspension?

bos1234
25-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Dont waste money on a lawyer. Just cop it. Hefty fine and increased suspension.

thanks for your responses. Yeah I'm going to plead guilty.
Is there any formalities I should know of? Like addressing the judge.
Also, what attire should be worn?

bos1234
25-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Join the club, got done for the same thing! Just hack it haha probably looking at a fine and 1year suspension?
You just got during christmas breaks?? LOL!
Man they are everywhere these holidays!

CrystalSkull
25-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Sell your car. Contemplate your responsibilities to other road users.

stndrd
25-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Go in a suit. Just say yes sir yes sir three bags full sir

Tosies
25-12-2012, 12:21 PM
You just got during christmas breaks?? LOL!
Man they are everywhere these holidays!

Yeah haha reason I got pulled over was because I was driving my mums 4wd didn't know it didn't have rego gg. But popo let me off for that :)

Going court in early Jan, i'll tell you how it goes LOl

bos1234
25-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Yeah haha reason I got pulled over was because I was driving my mums 4wd didn't know it didn't have rego gg. But popo let me off for that :)

mate, you seem to be of good humour!! hahaha
Are you working? if so what are you going to tell work?

u mad?
25-12-2012, 12:26 PM

Fuark u lucky cuss, would be getting raped otherwise

mr-pham
25-12-2012, 01:35 PM
I got caught driving on suspended licence a few months ago. Went court just explained to the judge how I need a licence for work since I work on cars then they gave me a 600 dollar fine and 1 month on top of my suspension. Didn't need lawyer

butterfingers
25-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Just cop it. Don't wear a suit. And no hey didn't pull you over for a "random breath test". They knew u were suspended before they even pulled you over

DakDak
25-12-2012, 03:08 PM
I laugh when I hear people say "wear a suit to court" haha. Judge isnt going to give a shit how well dressed you are. You broke the law.

From my personal experience just look presentable. Nice button up shirt, no friday night on oxford st tight shit and dress pants. If you have a rat tail or a mullet cut it off.
Judges get really mad when people violate suspensions. Kind of like saying "nah **** you Im not going to listen so you might as well give me a harsher punishment"

If you have some VALID arguing points like Mr-Pham mentioned used them.
Traffic offenders program will help your case but it is a MAJOR PITA.

bos1234
25-12-2012, 04:22 PM
I got caught last week, but my suspension gets lifted on 10th January. Can I drive after this date? The court hearing is February

azn_k3nt
28-12-2012, 06:39 PM
LOL uh, as if bother with a lawyer, if you agree with the cop on the night then most likely a guilty will help you. Pleading not guilty, well that's a whole different chapter.

Suit is overkill, semi formal or polo is good enough. I remember my mate court day when he got done for driving a turbo on suspended license, plead guilty, the prosecutor by my surprise asked for 6months jail. The judge gave him i think was under 5k fine, additional 3months suspension which got lifted in june and 100 hours of community service. The only down point especially for p plate which my mate cop was a repeat of his entire p-plate duration and can't drive a turbo or get his full-license till 2016 :/ gg

flipfire
28-12-2012, 07:38 PM
I got caught last week, but my suspension gets lifted on 10th January. Can I drive after this date? The court hearing is February

You can drive after that suspension has been lifted. The offences you committed will count on your next notice of suspension, which will be soon after anyway.

GG wear butt plug for protection

and1_hotsauce
28-12-2012, 08:35 PM
In the same boat as you. I lost the yellow court penalty notice they gave me. Can I go to the police station and get another one? Is this needed for court?

EM1187
28-12-2012, 09:21 PM
How long were you suspended for? If it's your first time getting caught while suspended they'll add 1 year on top of your 3 month suspension.
6 months is minimum if you got legitimate reason and get some legal aid to represent you. Depending on your job if it can help you out or not get a letter from your boss. The judge will ask why you were driving. Just admit it was stupid and plead guilty show him/her that you know you did wrong.

I've got worse lol. Suspended for no P plates. 3 months due to losing license + defected. After that pulled over at Penrith for RBT no license. Didn't defect me. Got one year for that. Then got pulled over by the same cop that defected me the first time with a fake license the cop recognised me. I tried pulling bullshit he called a HWP to do a facial recognition and owned me haha got 2 years on top.

Moral of story is I learned my lesson haha.

bos1234
28-12-2012, 09:25 PM
I was suspended for 3 months
applied for good behaviour bond
got caught - suspended for 6 months
got caught

first time going to court..
what u think? doesnt look good?

blabla
28-12-2012, 09:31 PM
FML ppreciate your license everyone!

EM1187
28-12-2012, 09:33 PM
I was suspended for 3 months
applied for good behaviour bond
got caught - suspended for 6 months
got caught

first time going to court..
what u think? doesnt look good?

2 years on top of what you have right now is my best bet depending on the judge and minimum sentence. They'll take a look into your previous records, got any speeding fines or drink driving, etc?

bos1234
28-12-2012, 09:34 PM
FML ppreciate your license everyone!

yep. This is a big lesson for me. Drive carefully everyone AND IF YOU DO GET SUSPENDED, DONT DRIVE!!!!! YOU WILL GET CAUGHT 100%. You'll get away 1month, 2 months but in the end the cops will get you..

bos1234
28-12-2012, 09:36 PM
2 years on top of what you have right now is my best bet depending on the judge and minimum sentence. They'll take a look into your previous records, got any speeding fines or drink driving, etc?

my suspension ends on jan 10th 2013, I go to court in February.. so you reckon 2 years starting from february? That is huge.....
Yes a couple of speeding fines, using mobile phone whilst driving. No drink driving

and1_hotsauce
28-12-2012, 09:38 PM
How long were you suspended for? If it's your first time getting caught while suspended they'll add 1 year on top of your 3 month suspension.
6 months is minimum if you got legitimate reason and get some legal aid to represent you. Depending on your job if it can help you out or not get a letter from your boss. The judge will ask why you were driving. Just admit it was stupid and plead guilty show him/her that you know you did wrong.

I've got worse lol. Suspended for no P plates. 3 months due to losing license + defected. After that pulled over at Penrith for RBT no license. Didn't defect me. Got one year for that. Then got pulled over by the same cop that defected me the first time with a fake license the cop recognised me. I tried pulling bullshit he called a HWP to do a facial recognition and owned me haha got 2 years on top.

Moral of story is I learned my lesson haha.
hey mate did you get a yellow penalty notice for you to attend court? Did you take that to the court house? I've lsot mine, would you know where I can go to get one?

Beechy
28-12-2012, 10:45 PM
so did you have a bond when you got caught?

bos1234
29-12-2012, 08:51 AM
so did you have a bond when you got caught?
what is that? bond?

r3ckless
29-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Dumbass for driving while suspended. Let alone on double demerits.

davek
29-12-2012, 05:39 PM
For what it is worth, I have had 2 court appearences over the years, one was for Speed Dangerous to the public (got caught at over double the speed limit) and once for low range DUI. My record is atrocious which did'nt help.
Court is all about respect, I believe in going in with the local lawyer. Wear a suit and have a new hair cut. The local lawyer will know the magistrate, and know what to expect. In both my court appearences we adjourned as the magistrate on duty that day was hardcore. We did better with a more moderate magistrate on another day.
in my experience the money I spent on a lawyer was saved in lesser fines and my suspension period was half what I expected.

joeyybruh
29-12-2012, 05:57 PM
WOW bro your screwed . sell your car , dont worry about a lawyer , get ready to forkout money and NO way youll have your license.

butterfingers
30-12-2012, 12:57 AM
yes what joey said. you'll still be in a honda by the time all your mates driving turbos.

if u have a shit car, sell it to pay for fine
if u have a pride and joy, save up for goodies to put on it.

amant02
30-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Im serving the a similar sentence. It all depands what and how u acted towards the popo that did u over.
I wouldnt reccomend a lawyer. Just cop that 1 year. the fine is like 2k. Take the 1 year sentence. Defend yourself on the fine. Say you got responsibilities and wat not family commitments. Get 3 very good referrals from public servants if you know any, aka teachers or wat not.
You can try to to go to ToIP at PCYC, could help ur case. But dont expect too much. Open with the apeal to section 10, will get regretted and fight the fine.
1 year and 2k fine. Argue the fine not the 1 year off the road.

My lawyer told me if i wasnt so honest with the popo, I couldve got away wit it.

joeyybruh
30-12-2012, 08:42 PM
All honesty man, its hard to get away with that sort of stuff especially because you've been a repeat offender so the judge/prosecutor will only see one thing.

that is, that you willingly did it and you willingly put people lives on the road at risk of injury or death.

My mate got caught street racing, yes it was put down as street racing by the witnessing cop.. he paid big money for his lawyer and also had to pay court fees.

In the end, he still had to serve one year on top of the time he was waiting for his case to go on trial.

Go figure, all that and still cop a year. its pretty hard to contest depending on your situation and record. Best of luck dude, lol ..

A work mate got his license disaqualified for 3 years and his parents paid 20k for a lawyer. he was going to serve jail time but got that 3 years no license and 260 hours community service.

No license, under the influence, no rego and led a police chase LOOL JESUS people. A license is a privilege, lets all respect it.

lolmclol
01-01-2013, 03:08 AM
Could pull the whole family is dysfunctional/alcohol/drugs/part-aboriginal to get a slap on the wrist?

Daveho1
01-01-2013, 05:18 AM
guys i was speeding while drunk in a heeps turbo, unregistered, defected and upsidedown car while in the company of stripper/prostitue midgets(not sure cause popo stoped me), think ill get in trouble?
why do popo try to f**k up my good time? also i had to pay for the whores up front will this count towards my fines?

im sorry but obviously there are some of you whose judgement is soooo poor that perhaps a year or 5 on the bus will do you some good, seriously ive seen enough dumb sh!ts killed to know this aint no game son.

lolmclol
01-01-2013, 07:54 AM
guys i was speeding while drunk in a heeps turbo, unregistered, defected and upsidedown car while in the company of stripper/prostitue midgets(not sure cause popo stoped me), think ill get in trouble?
why do popo try to f**k up my good time? also i had to pay for the whores up front will this count towards my fines?

im sorry but obviously there are some of you whose judgement is soooo poor that perhaps a year or 5 on the bus will do you some good, seriously ive seen enough dumb sh!ts killed to know this aint no game son.

Re read the first post then edit your post, I posted something similar and did the same after I did.

DakDak
01-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Beware of getting declared as a habitual offender. Your sentenced will be increased just for being a repeat offender.

Have to do your time for the crime plus appeal for the judge to quash your 'bonus' time

oxy
03-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Hi
Recently, I got caught on a suspended licence. Police pulled me over for a random breathe test and found defects in my car. Subsequently, he found that my licence was suspended.

I am going to court in Feb 2013. Has anyone been in the same situation? Would I require a lawyer? What punishments can I expect to encounter?

edit: I was suspended for 3 months --> applied for good behaviour bond - received 1 point

Got caught using mobile phone - suspended for 6 months

Got caught whilst suspended for 6 months --> going to court.

i can give u advice casue ive been in your shoes..

i was caught street racing while on a suspended sentence...

i did get a lawyer..

i got done 3 years and 5k fine..

you wouldnt need a lawyer i would think just produce a valid reason why you were driving while on your suspended license...

good luck

oxy
03-01-2013, 01:31 PM
howver you will cop prob year sentence

min 1.5k fine..

do not say to the judge you had a fight with your parents missus etc wont work..

get decent referrals show the judge you mean business, wear a suit clean shave and haircut..

some fukwit came into the courthouse with shorts mullet and thongs... judge pretty much told him to fuk off LMAOO

stupid bogan

lolmclol
03-01-2013, 02:25 PM

min 1.5k fine..

do not say to the judge you had a fight with your parents missus etc wont work..

get decent referrals show the judge you mean business, wear a suit clean shave and haircut..

some fukwit came into the courthouse with shorts mullet and thongs... judge pretty much told him to fuk off LMAOO

stupid bogan

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/customavatars/avatar28865_10.gif

RenzokukenJ
03-01-2013, 03:02 PM

min 1.5k fine..

stupid bogan

Serious jail time can come about if caught on suspended license in Perth

I got caught 6 times

All up 2 years suspension, was a major misunderstanding on the courts behalf so I was given a lot of slack

But seriously don't drive again, it phucs your perm record

u mad?
03-01-2013, 03:08 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/customavatars/avatar28865_10.gif

Knife u kunt

RenzokukenJ
03-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Knife u kunt

Nat sure if abo or Asian

butterfingers
03-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Nat sure if abo or Asian

he takes offence to straya jokes so im assuming his pappy was white and his mummy was black

RenzokukenJ
03-01-2013, 05:19 PM
I was referring to the fact he wants to stab someone, since abos have a tendency to stab people who refuse to give cigs, and ayshuns just stab for the hell of it

tripleuse
03-01-2013, 05:28 PM
I laugh when I hear people say "wear a suit to court" haha. Judge isnt going to give a shit how well dressed you are. You broke the law

dumbest thing ive ever heard, How you look is very important. Looking like tidy and dressed up shows that you want to be there, and you actually give a fack. Dressing with trackies and some top gives the impression that you dont give a fack, thus the judge will not give a fack.

RenzokukenJ
03-01-2013, 05:42 PM
dumbest thing ive ever heard, How you look is very important. Looking like tidy and dressed up shows that you want to be there, and you actually give a fack. Dressing with trackies and some top gives the impression that you dont give a fack, thus the judge will not give a fack.

Just go in suit pants and dress shirt

Your going to a civil court for traffic offences, not murder charges.

Tosies
09-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Had my hearing today, told the judge my dads business was under staff and that I need a license to work/deliver. Ended up getting the 1pt probation and I start driving in a month. Not bad!

u mad?
09-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Woah nice, u got off lucky!

Big fine at least?

simply.shredded
09-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Drives with suspended licence

Shakes head

Well done m8

DakDak
09-01-2013, 08:57 PM

Did you read the part how I said wear dress pants and nice button up shirt?

Didnt think so.

Hey everybody next time you get before a magistrate wear a tuxedo. You will look stylish, fly and the judge will think your a secret agent and instantaneously let you off.

curtis265
09-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Had my hearing today, told the judge my dads business was under staff and that I need a license to work/deliver. Ended up getting the 1pt probation and I start driving in a month. Not bad!

did u do this..?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/customavatars/avatar31134_18.gif

lolmclol
09-01-2013, 09:34 PM
did you read the part how i said wear a dress pants and nice button up shirt?

didnt think so.

hey everybody next time u get i before a magistrate wear a tuxedo. you will look stylish ,fly and the judge will think your a secret agent and instantaneously let you off.

Names bond, james bond

bos1234
09-01-2013, 09:44 PM
what questions did they ask you mate??
Lucky mate you got let off big time........

bos1234
09-01-2013, 09:45 PM

What are the procedures mate? You enter the court. Do you have to say an oath stating that everything you say is the truth?
Also, what questions did they ask you

tripleuse
10-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Did you read the part how I said wear dress pants and nice button up shirt?

Didnt think so.

Hey everybody next time you get before a magistrate wear a tuxedo. You will look stylish, fly and the judge will think your a secret agent and instantaneously let you off.

i agree with you to a point, but then you saying that dressing well is a bad idea is just dumb. If you dress like a dud do you really expect the judge to take you seriously? but then again what do i expect this is ozhonda ha ha. fanboys.

DakDak
10-01-2013, 08:57 PM
i agree with you to a point, but then you saying that dressing well is a bad idea is just dumb. If you dress like a dud do you really expect the judge to take you seriously? but then again what do i expect this is ozhonda ha ha. fanboys.

I should of made myself more clearer. All good.

butterfingers
10-01-2013, 11:54 PM
What are the procedures mate? You enter the court. Do you have to say an oath stating that everything you say is the truth?
Also, what questions did they ask you

walk in, bow if you want, take a seat

wait for name to be called.

Tosies
11-01-2013, 03:05 PM
walk in, bow if you want, take a seat

wait for name to be called.

walked in bowed, waited to be called up
gave the judge my reason
said thanks bowed again and got the f out :)

the judge just stated what i did etc
then asked me if i had anything to say.. that was about it

eeko
11-01-2013, 04:29 PM
walked in bowed, waited to be called up
gave the judge my reason
said thanks bowed again and got the f out :)

the judge just stated what i did etc
then asked me if i had anything to say.. that was about it

Like a boss

Touge Tom
12-01-2013, 05:47 PM
your situation is ****ed. been there done that. don't go the lawyer route. waste of cash. they'll bring up all your driving offences and judge your character on that. which don't look like you got a chance. most likely you'll get a 12 month disqualification and a $500-$600 fine. well that's what i got anyway. plus you'll pay the $50 fee that the police charge to take you to gaol, but you wont go to gaol. since this is you first drive whilst suspended offence. and if you got caught in double demerits its 2X time and 2X cash owed.

Touge Tom
12-01-2013, 05:50 PM
just took time to read earlier posts. sounds like it went well!

bos1234
13-02-2013, 06:45 AM
$450 fine and 12 months suspension....

monkeyspank
13-02-2013, 07:30 PM
All honesty man, its hard to get away with that sort of stuff especially because you've been a repeat offender so the judge/prosecutor will only see one thing.

that is, that you willingly did it and you willingly put people lives on the road at risk of injury or death.

My mate got caught street racing, yes it was put down as street racing by the witnessing cop.. he paid big money for his lawyer and also had to pay court fees.

In the end, he still had to serve one year on top of the time he was waiting for his case to go on trial.

Go figure, all that and still cop a year. its pretty hard to contest depending on your situation and record. Best of luck dude, lol ..

A work mate got his license disaqualified for 3 years and his parents paid 20k for a lawyer. he was going to serve jail time but got that 3 years no license and 260 hours community service.

No license, under the influence, no rego and led a police chase LOOL JESUS people. A license is a privilege, lets all respect it.

Lol i think i know this person

bos1234
13-02-2013, 09:51 PM
the judge said "your convicted" and handed out the penatly 450 and 1year. Does that mean I now have a criminal conviction?

I have jury duty coming up. Will I be ineligible for it?

butterfingers
13-02-2013, 10:59 PM
the judge said "your convicted" and handed out the penatly 450 and 1year. Does that mean I now have a criminal conviction?

I have jury duty coming up. Will I be ineligible for it?

dat dere criminal record will be stopping you from jury duty brah