PDA

View Full Version : cl9 OEM Honda tow bar wiring HELP!

julius8605
25-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Hi all,

i bought a second hand Honda OEM tow bar with the 7 pin flat plug connector (chopped)

Here are the wiring guide from what i found on internet:
1. Yellow - Left signal
2. Black - reverse
3. white - earth
4. green - right signal
5. blue - electric brake
6. red - stop
7. brown - tail, clearance, side markers

Im not sure where to connect 5, 6 & 7...
anyone got the accord euro tail light wiring diagram? i dont have the user manual as well...

any advises are preciated.

julius8605
26-12-2012, 10:55 AM
alright i got a multimeter out and sort out 6 and 7

now only left with the blue wiring for electric brakes...where do i connect this to in the accord euro?

chuboy
26-12-2012, 01:14 PM
The blue electric brake wire needs to be wired into an electronic brake controller (purchased separately). You don't need to connect to anything unless you want to tow a trailer with electric brakes that weighs more than 750kg.

julius8605
26-12-2012, 01:39 PM
will be towing around 1000kg with trailer with brakes

so definitely need to get this electronic brake control thingo...anyone know where to puchase from? Honda?
does honda fit them when they instal the towbar? or they just leave it out?

chuboy
26-12-2012, 01:48 PM
If the trailer has electric brakes fitted... you need to buy and fit an electronic brake controller from a trailer retailer or towbar fitter or possibly an auto store like Autobarn. Whether you can DIY install I don't know. Do your research on google as to what suits you. As a general rule the electronic brake controller is not fitted when the towbar is installed, unless you ask and pay extra for the unit. They are in the $100-300 mark but don't quote me on it.

If the trailer has override or pendulum-type brakes, you don't need to do anything as those trailers do not use an electronic brake signal to actuate the brakes.