PDA

View Full Version : AC compressor pulley fallen off !!! Drive belt is dislodged. need help

wavesalon
28-12-2012, 03:04 AM
2003 Accord V6

I've been hearing some horrible grinding noise coming from the engine whenever the Air con is turned on. Tonight the noise came to a climax with a sudden crunching noise and stopped. Then i noticed the power steering was gone. Looking inside the bonnet, it is noted that the pulley from the AC compressor has completely dislodged and stuck between the AC compressor and the chasis.

My question is: Would i need to replace the whole AC compressor unit (that comes with the AC crutch and pulley) or is it possible to just replace the pulley/the AC crutch set?

Now that the whole drive belt has come off, hence i've lost all the systems that rely on the drive belt for power i.e. power steering, alternator etc, i cannot drive the car anymore and its sitting in the lawn infront of my house.

Should i get a tow truck to bring it to a garage or is there some sort of mobile garage service where a mechanic comes to my house and fix it?

I have read on the internet somewhere that the AC crutch/ pulley is known to malfunction after a prolong period of not using the air conditioner, which was the case with my car, as the AC blow motor transistor was fried and i didn't have the cash to fix it for almost a year.

Really appreciate your advice or comment

Fredoops
28-12-2012, 08:46 AM
There are mobile mechanics around.

Look up yellow pages and you might find one.

Whether the ac can be repairs in parts or as a whole depend onthe damage.

Worst case senario you migt be able to get a shorter drive belt and by pass the a/c pulley altogether so at least the car is drivable in the main time.

stndrd
28-12-2012, 08:17 PM
As Fred mentioned your best bet would be to organise a shorter belt to bypass the a/c.

If you are in melb and need a mobile mechanic, give me a call on 0412785187

Fredoops
28-12-2012, 10:59 PM
As Frec mentioned your best bet would be to organise a shorter belt to bypass the a/c.

If you are in melb and need a mobile mechanic, give me a call on 0412785187

if you are in melbourne call up sleeping performance wont regret it.