PDA

View Full Version : Can someone give me an opinion if my EK Civic will be deemed a Write Off?

spuderump
29-12-2012, 12:26 PM
unfortunetely I had a rear ender on xmas day and it was towed away.

I took a photo on my phone of the damage and as you can see its mostly the front right bumper along with the front right side. Also the radiator was damaged too so that would likely need to be replaced.

Now given its insured at market value which is prob no more than $3-4K do you believe the insurance company will repair it or make it a write off?

I ask this because I really want my civic back!!!

baby_phantom
29-12-2012, 01:34 PM
I got a feeling the will write it off...... my car was recently written off. Now days if the car inst worth much they pay you out.

.Dave
29-12-2012, 10:32 PM
might be a write off, looks like a little damage to the rad support?

a mates was reversed into while he was parked, and was deemed a write off, quite silly really...

spuderump
29-12-2012, 11:21 PM
im really hoping its not... at what point do insurance companies write it off? does it all depend on the cost of the repairs?

grifty
30-12-2012, 12:32 AM
Yeah it will be written off as the radiator support is damaged, better start looking for a new car.

amant02
30-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Why would you report this?
The cost of ur excess will cost you more then repair. Civic parts are dirt cheap eg u can get ek1 parts for that dmg.

Or were you in the fault? LOLOLOL Feel for ya bra.

mugen_ctr
30-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Did airbags deploy? If so its deemed a instant write off as well

Chances are high that its a write off.. Anything to do with damages that cost more than 1/3 of the sale value of the car is automatically deemed a write off, BUT i believe it can still be saved, depending on ur insurer..

"Sections which are acceptable are those such as the radiator support panel, centre pillar/sill section assembly, rear quarter panel/rear panel section etc. If any doubt arises please refer to your local AAMI assessor." - AAMI

So radiator support bars as such under AAMI can be repaired so therefore ur car should still be in the clear an be fine if unsure.

BEST bet to call up an talk to the assessor.

MYEK9
31-12-2012, 06:39 AM
use to have family members as ex assessors, and we have owned a panel beating business for over 30years,

When i had my accident start of this year, the assessor straight away wanted to right it off due to the rad support damage , and "it wasent worth their time to fix"

by law, you have the right to agree to be the car fixed, if the damage can be dropped or met below the threshold. Any questions pm me back.

spuderump
31-12-2012, 01:19 PM
thanks alot guys I have the car been assessed on Wednesday so hopefully then he can tell me what he thinks... what I will do though is enquire if the car can be repaired at all

THE 2BSEEN
31-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Repair some of the damage, then get it looked over
We'll only if you want to keep the....