PDA

View Full Version : Leaking fuel from engine bay k24 civic. help needed

jay_freaker
30-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Ive got a k24 civic ek and yesterday i took my car out of the drive to find alot of fuel that leaked on the floor. Not sure if it was upon engine start or has been dripping all night. It seems to be leaking from the front, next to the oil sump. Have any idea where this leak might come from? Fuel lines? If so, will it be a costly repair? Thanks guys

Monique
30-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Check fuel lines, filter, regulator, return hardline.....

DakDak
30-12-2012, 05:35 PM
who did ur conversion?

jay_freaker
30-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Byp 2 years ago. Also before this fuel leak. My engine light has been pinging alot aswell. I realise alot of i let go throttle aswell. I dun have o2 sensors. Can this be fuel related aswell

mugen_ctr
30-12-2012, 08:59 PM
You dont have a o2 sensor? LOL... mate take it back to byp an let them sort it out asap! Without a o2 sensor it can trigger a cel an cause all sorts of engine trouble

Check to make sure ur fuel rail is tightened well, before u even crank the motor, put the key in ignition an turn on to prime the fuel pump, an check to see if theres any leaks on the lines, fuel filter, fuel rail etc etc.... It might even be that one of the copper washers on the fuel filter is gone bad an needs replacement causing a small leak to appear