PDA

View Full Version : SINISTR is HURT

SINISTR
18-03-2005, 01:18 PM
yesterday morning on the way to work i got a small hit hit...

here are few photos i tool just after with my phone camera, so quality isn't too crash hot...

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/albums/genone/act.sized.jpg

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/albums/genone/acu.sized.jpg

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/albums/genone/acv.sized.jpg

awaiting verdict from asessor atm...

SiR JDM
18-03-2005, 01:22 PM
ouch! that would hurt man....

Feel for ya

SPEEDCORE
18-03-2005, 01:25 PM
WTF!!!! Shit man!

Have you had a look underneath for significant damage. Rear enders are notorious for looking not too bad but are not really repairable.

:(

SHWCARCIVIC
18-03-2005, 01:29 PM
just a bit of damage, know you can use this as an excuse to justify a new custom paint job or body kit jokes, its always sad when someones pride and joy is involved in a smash.

DLO01
18-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Argh, no way man. Sorry to see that. :(

SINISTR
18-03-2005, 01:34 PM
WTF!!!! Shit man!

Have you had a look underneath for significant damage. Rear enders are notorious for looking not too bad but are not really repairable.

:(

YEAH - i had a look, not a panel beater so I dunno how bad it will be to fix, but the spare wheel well is like the inside of a washing machine... and the rear RH quarter is a bit bent. its good I guess that the hatch still closes, and doors aswell and no broken glass.

its possible they will cut and weld - but dunno about the cost of something like that - the chassis still looks straight but won't know until panels come off...

Bugger - and i was waiting to have my bodykit on soon! if they write it off i'll buy it back and get another CRX and swap parts over...

z3lda
18-03-2005, 01:38 PM
well. lucky the car wasnt going 60+ and rear ended u.
i got rear ended while i was stationed in peak hr traffic. the lady was doing 60+ hit me and pushed me into a ute infront of me. =/ one bang....then another bang.....
my rear got push in so far forward that the rear wheels wont spin/boot lid was wonky both doors wouldnt close. in the front everything was push back. panels all bent. =/

SINISTR
18-03-2005, 01:46 PM
shit...

well - she didn't brake... or if she did wasn't much - so must have hit me about 50km.

my front brakes were great but - cos i didn't get moved at all...

z3lda
18-03-2005, 01:57 PM
i dont think she braked. probly didnt realise till it went bang. her car wasint even sscrathed. the new astra's . bumper just poped back out. nor was the ute damaged since i went under it.

cut and replace boot job gonna be expensive....2k+

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/401000-401999/401133_5_full.jpg

SINISTR
18-03-2005, 02:05 PM
ah yeah - but i got the car insured for 11 or 12K i think.. so even 4K should pass... i think they will have to cut/reweld the RHS quarter tho... dunno if thats safe

SINISTR
18-03-2005, 03:15 PM
The latest news is that : its Not a Write off... but a cost estimate will be made up shortly.

I might get my kit fitted at thesame time as well.

Loki_
21-03-2005, 08:55 PM
I had the same drama once, got rear ended by an old guy who later admitted to police to doing 60+kph in stop-start peak hour traffic, in the wet, over a hill.. smashed my car into the one in front, had another guy go in the back of him. Was a bit of a clusterf**k, poor lil civic gettin squished by a bunch of aussie shitboxes. :(

Insurance repaired the car rather than replace the thing (was less than a year old), $12k repair bill and 2 months later I had my car back.

It didn't look too badly damaged either at the time. Don't let em do a dodgy job repairing it, make sure you get a full report to make sure the chassis is straight etc.

At least u didn't get injured..

SINISTR
31-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Saw the panel beater last week - estimated the damage to be $6.2K (half of the insurance LOL).

Dropped off the bodykit, and waiting for a cost of that to be fitted and whole car repainted... hopefully Not too much...

this is the 3rd BIG car accident i've had.. i recon next car will be an F250 truck or something! LOL

egSi
31-03-2005, 11:36 AM
****!! shit man thats allot :(

SINISTR
31-03-2005, 11:44 AM
i recon another 2K or a front end as well and they would have written it off...

VTC-8OY
31-03-2005, 05:02 PM
dayemnz lucky it wasnt to major but ey... still repairable..

SINISTR
01-04-2005, 01:16 AM
visited the PB today - on way home from work... finding out about cost of fitting the kit and full respray - he wants 3grand to fit the kit and paint half the car....

SINISTR
06-04-2005, 12:00 PM
i got my courtesy car yesterday - a little prancer (lancer) its alright...

i got the Panel Beater down to 2.5K as the best price for the painting and kit fitting. I think i'll bite the bullet and go wiht it cos with my best estimates id be still over 2K if I tried to go the cheaper way - at least this way it all gets done at once.

Only problem is: the boot floor - they will try and pull it out and repair it... if they can't i've got a 9 week wait for a CRX boot floor to come from Japan! 9 fkn weeks!!!!

Crazy!!!!

SINISTR
13-04-2005, 05:16 PM
spoke to the PB today again - they are going to fix the existing boot floor. So that should cut down the waiting time a bit...
i've gotta drop off my side skirts and arrange a colour i want it resprayed once the kits been fitted. I hope they will fit it properly too.

So - still in progress!

PS: I knew the cars had a hit up the rear end somewhere in the past already - but apprently it was an even bigger one than the one i had. there is no chassis damage so its ok.

**Ghost**
14-04-2005, 03:05 AM
....... if its the other guys fault, irrespective of whether YOU havew insurance or not

Y in the world are u haggling for his behalf!|!|!|!|

SINISTR
14-04-2005, 10:33 AM
haggling on whos behalf? and haggling about what? sorry man - im confused!

dc2dc2dc2
14-04-2005, 10:37 AM
ahaha...damnnn dude, bad luck! oh well at least its gettin' fixed and u get to gun a crappy little lancer around! Ur Ass got raped hardddddstylezzzz

JASMA
14-04-2005, 10:45 AM
oh...sorry to see that mate.....

SINISTR
14-04-2005, 11:37 AM
hehe - thanks boyz...

the lancer isnt' too bad actually - for a 1.5 carbed auto - i still get to take off the lights first... of course it doens't have the 'luxuries' of central locking, electric windows or mirrors but its alright. Something to use to get from A to B.. :)

hopefully my CRX will look sweet once out of the shop...

SINISTR
20-04-2005, 12:09 PM
ETA - about 3 weeks, its getting repaired next week, Bodykit week after and paint week after that...

SINISTR
18-05-2005, 10:05 AM
9 weeks this week and still waiting :(

i want my car back!!!

iceman_vti
18-05-2005, 10:24 AM
what happened to ETA 3 weeks! :P couldnt they fix the boot? bad luck mate, cant wait to see it with the kit on! what colour did you go? say harlequin and i'll be there to slap some " Honk if ur HOMO" stikaz on it lol

Hully

SINISTR
18-05-2005, 10:46 AM
what happened to ETA 3 weeks! :P couldnt they fix the boot? bad luck mate, cant wait to see it with the kit on! what colour did you go? say harlequin and i'll be there to slap some " Honk if ur HOMO" stikaz on it lol

Hully

hahahaha.... :P no not harlequin :P although you have to admit some shades do look good - ONLY some!

3 weeks? it was initially meant to be a 9 week wait alone for the rear end, but then they checked the damage and are repairing it. 2 weeks ago they lost one of the panel beaters so being one man down stuff got extended. I have a hire car so im not too fussed - as long as the job is done 'GOOD'!!! but i still miss her.

colour will be same as it is: was thinking of changing but I'll go with same but in a Metalic rather than Pearl. Metalic is Darker as pearl has some gold pearl through it and that makes it lighter.

Hopefully will get kitted in next 2 weeks :)

panda[cRx]
18-05-2005, 10:59 AM
good luck with it all, i know what it's like to have ur c-rexie off the road for long periods of time (half of the last year) :(

i_own_you
18-05-2005, 11:02 AM
my car was off the road for a few years. only acquaring it a year and half ago and now im road registered :D

now tell me that was darn long...

SINISTR
20-05-2005, 11:04 AM
the latest is: im looking at friday next week to have the panels straight, and then more little mods "shaving antena, side indicators" - and then having kit fitted, and a respray.

By MY calculations - another month... so thats gonna make it over 3 months!

:(:(:(

civ_sik
20-05-2005, 01:02 PM
thats a long time, but as long as it gets done properly should be good, you'll be stoked when you get it back lol

Q_ball
20-05-2005, 01:05 PM
i know exactly how u feel waiting for ur car to come back...
it sucks dog!!

rocky_b
20-05-2005, 01:31 PM
shit man. sorry to hear. a lotta mishapps bin happenin everywher.
im just about the get my rear end fixd next week.

but my front end is still f*d from vandals man.

lucky u aint hurt homie!

J-MuN
20-05-2005, 02:36 PM
having ur car out for sooo long sucks... good luck with it :thumbsup:

SINISTR
20-05-2005, 02:44 PM
shit man. sorry to hear. a lotta mishapps bin happenin everywher.
im just about the get my rear end fixd next week.

but my front end is still f*d from vandals man.

lucky u aint hurt homie!

well i haven't been directly hurt... but re-hurt the stuff from my first car accident which resulted in two operations - Hip and Hand... and 10% dissability... im not bad but i gotta live with pain every day, hip and all the way down my left leg and left hand. Problems with standing, walking, sitting, running and left hand gripping etc.

Biggie
20-05-2005, 07:28 PM
shit man :S will it get better in time or is it permanent? and can you park in dissabled bays? :P

__arjay__
20-05-2005, 07:44 PM
I feel your pain.....

My teg is currently getting fixed at the moment.. Ive been keeping it quiet even from friends coz i dont want no1 to know :P

Stupid drivers in Perth are useless! and the weather has been really creating a lot of accidents. There is like news of crashes nearly everyday :P well close!

Anyway some lady had stopped infront of me while we were at a giveway sign.. there was no traffic and she just stopped. She had a DAMN TOW BAR and it cracked my radiator. I wasnt even able to drive my car home!! :*( The damage was quoted 3k but ended up being 4.3k which included: new headlights, new bumper and support, new bonnet, new radiator, new air decomp. I'm only paying an excess of 1k coz of my age.

Try and look on the bright side like me. I have a brand new radiator and air con. Oh and headlights... no more fogged headlights from the weather!

hahaha bad luck dude! Hope your car is on the road soon, we still have to set up WA 1st Honda cruise!!!

SINISTR
21-05-2005, 05:52 PM
shit man :S will it get better in time or is it permanent? and can you park in dissabled bays? :P

hey,

well - its pretty much permanent... it does get better and worse...

and no... can't park in disabled bays... im not crippled...

SINISTR
21-05-2005, 05:53 PM
hahaha bad luck dude! Hope your car is on the road soon, we still have to set up WA 1st Honda cruise!!!

Not good about your car man!

and YES - 1st WA Honda Cruise will be organised!!!! :)

tegstar83
22-05-2005, 04:46 AM
go and claim compo :D Say ther pain is unberable and u cant work, Im crippled: Gime gimme gimme LOL!
*extract from the simpsons*
Bad Luck about ur car hope everything goes well for ya man