PDA

View Full Version : Non NAVI to NAVI conversion 2012 luxury to 2012 luxury navi

setiorion
02-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Hey guys

I have finished converting My 2012 accord euro luxury non navi to navigation conversion

I purchased a wrecked 2012 euro navigation system from sydney , all the systems are working except one issue

1. navigation voice prompts are not working , volume is full in navigation screen but all i hear is a static when the voice prompt is active in the navigation

with the music playing Front speakers go silent when the voice prompts are active & music is played on the rear speakers as it should be ( but voice prompts are never heard)

If some one knows what could be wrong please help me .......

SQXPRT
02-01-2013, 09:35 PM
There's only one plug that could be related to the NAVI unit - it's a grey plug with a green wire and purple wire in it. The only one on the NAVI unit I didn't identify yet.

Also there's a green wire in P8 of the main stereo loom plug which may be related to the one in the other plug, i.e. NAV audio mix or such... I haven't got those 3 wires figured yet.

do you have pics of the rear of your old vs. new units?

setiorion
02-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Do u happen to have the service/repair manual for 2011-2012 accord euro mate

I have unplugged the same cable u r talking about from navigation DVD drive & nothing changes , all the systems r working even with the plug removed, so I am suspecting the DVD drive is either sending no audio signal / I may be missing something

The 6 cd player units have exact same connections

Well what's ur story mate, did u Convert nonnavi to navi ?

setiorion
03-01-2013, 08:47 AM
I will post the pics on sat mate

tenji`
03-01-2013, 09:06 AM
how much did you purchase the navi unit for? Do you know if they have anymore?

Thanks,

Polo

setiorion
03-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Navi,cam,Bluetooth,wiring harness all for $1300 aud this was from June 2012 euro

SQXPRT
03-01-2013, 08:57 PM
I got the ID's for the wires I mentioned.

It's not to do with your problem.

Maybe you have a bad connection internally - because that's where all the audio signals are combined for the speaker outputs.

setiorion
04-01-2013, 07:52 PM
u mean the wiring harness is bad

could u please give me more info on what sort of ID's r u talking about

SQXPRT
05-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Sorry I wasn't clear...

There's no connection externally from the NAV unit (i.e. nothing in the wiring loom) that would prevent the voice guidance from working if everything else is OK.

It must be something inside the unit which is not right, or else it would work.

setiorion
05-01-2013, 11:30 AM
When I activate the jog dial sound it gives the same response , the front speakers go mute for a sec when I rotate the jog dial

So no audio from front speakers when voice guidance is active & on spinning jog dial

If u have any wiring diagrams pls pm me mate

SQXPRT
05-01-2013, 04:51 PM
I don't have wiring diagram, but found the guys at Honda to be helpful.

tenji`
07-01-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm looking at doing the same found a navi unit from a wrecker is there anything I need to make sure or look out for?

setiorion
10-01-2013, 08:49 PM
your model & year

your mechanics model & year

As the 2011 models have different wiring harness to 2008-2010 models

Londa
29-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Sorry guys, quick question, when did Honda start importing Ozzie cars with the Navi unit installed as an option ?
What wreckers did you get your navi from ?

I have a JDM CM2 2007, which I want to swap the Navi over for a Aussie unit, at least then I will have English text, don't mind not having the Nav side, I will fix this with a GA-Net harness, but the Jap screen is driving me nuts.
Any & all info appreciated.
Cheers Dean

[ IV 23 VI ]
25-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Sorry to bring a old thread back, better then posting a new one..

Has anyone else successfully done this conversion?
If so whats the complexity? Can it be done by ones self?
Any pics of the install if you have would be greatly appreciated?
And did there sat nav work fine with out the same nav voice problem as the OP.