PDA

View Full Version : Car is like it will fall apart after Engine Replacement

FFAROOQ
06-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Hi All,

Can anyone guide me here.
I got my Engine replaced from James but after only driving it for 60KM, moving the car a little bit seems like car will fall apart with strange noise of "Thak Thak" coming from the front side of the car. When car is stationary & Engine is ON, it seems fine but as soon as moving the car, car vibrates & makes noises. Please help, what could be the issue ?

Thanks in advance to all who will provide their thoughts on this.

Regards,

aaronng
06-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Drive shaft?

mocchi
06-01-2013, 12:20 PM
go back to james. tell him your problem.

Winter
06-01-2013, 12:40 PM
loose bolt from engine mounts?

u mad?
06-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Who is james

bennjamin
06-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Who is james

I sense a new scapegoat in all future blaming on ozhonda lol

curtis265
06-01-2013, 02:21 PM
If James did it, take it back to him

ctx
06-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Can't handle the VTEC

also James

mocchi
06-01-2013, 03:32 PM
JamesAuto

subsidiary of CBAuto

EKVTIR-T
06-01-2013, 04:39 PM
FYI he is referring to James in NSW not Victoria guise

Glocker
06-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Which James?

RenzokukenJ
06-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Im James

But have no idea of this issue

Best idea is to ask James

Not this James

The other James

2MPRS
06-01-2013, 05:21 PM
if james changed your engine y post it on ozhonda and not ask james?

EKVTIR-T
06-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Maybe the mechanic left some tool in the engine room

RenzokukenJ
06-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Maybe the mechanic left some tool in the engine room

You mean James?

ctx
06-01-2013, 06:50 PM
You mean James?

Nah I think he means James

Glocker
06-01-2013, 07:06 PM
pretty sure he's talking about james. not that james. that james.

bennjamin
06-01-2013, 09:02 PM
pretty sure he's talking about james. not that james. that james.

My middle name is James - perhaps he refers to another james with a first name James , not a middle or a last. .?

ctx
06-01-2013, 09:06 PM
My middle name is James - perhaps he refers to another james with a first name James , not a middle or a last. .?

But then again, he didn't specify whether James was James' first name or James' middle name. So James could actually be named James or just have a middle name James and not actually be James at all.

RenzokukenJ
07-01-2013, 12:21 AM

My first name is James, but i might be the wrong James

But then again, he didn't specify whether James was James' first name or James' middle name. So James could actually be named James or just have a middle name James and not actually be James at all.

Moyte your confusing every one ay just stalp

Thank,
Reguards James.

connorling
07-01-2013, 12:23 AM
get james to fix it.

jame_fix_it auto

seriously, engine mount bolts, check them, happened to me once, got some work done by a backyard guy and make some strange noise, and it turns out the engine mount bolts were loose.

FFAROOQ
07-01-2013, 04:38 AM
James Ison (Ison Ind , 6 Chicago Ave, Blacktown, NSW).
Engine Mount Bolts seems OK.
If it is Drive Shaft, then is it advisable to drive it for 20Km or Towing is the suitable option ?
How much work is Drive Shaft & how much estimate cost of it ?
Thanks,

kcokla
07-01-2013, 05:37 AM
Mate,

Bring it back to him or give him a call and ask him about the problem.

No point posting it on here since no one knows what was done to it and only he would know.

If it is only making a noise when it is moving, sounds like something is lose there or was left there.

If it was driving okay i would drive it slowly and easy back there, alternatively try to source where the sound is coming from and then we can further help.

But like everyone has said, bring it to him and tell him whats wrong !!

If he's made a mistake he'll fix it.

androo
07-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Maybe he left a spanner in the engine block?

Mate,

No point posting it on here since no one knows what was done to it and only he would know.

If it is only making a noise when it is moving, sounds like something is lose there or was left there.

If it was driving okay i would drive it slowly and easy back there, alternatively try to source where the sound is coming from and then we can further help.

On a serious note, this. Everyone makes mistakes once in a while. Just take it back to him and give him a chance to rectify it.

curtis265
07-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Mate,

agreed, don't bag him online just yet.

connorling
07-01-2013, 03:24 PM
so true, u only name and shame when they fixed ur car or you have got nothing to do with them anymore. and you bloddy for sure that before u talk shit of someone mate.

kcokla
07-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Honestly. Its threads like this with little or no evidence and lack of information that serverly damage peoples reputation.

People who are satisfied usually don't scream and shout as those who complain. And its those who get noticed more.

Have you tried calling him yet ?

Thread should be closed, unless op has something substantial or unsatisfactory responses . I am sure all diyers who have been doing it for years and qualified trained mechanics of horror stories and mistakes.

PHO
07-01-2013, 04:46 PM

Exactly.

Bag him once he fixes it, tell tales to bring him down once you dont need him anymore.

SU-WOOP
07-01-2013, 06:05 PM
engine james middle_name_james mocchi naughty_james noise thak_thak vibration
View Tag Cloud

-JC-
07-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Don't suppose Aussie Jim gets his parts from Duc P Nguyen?

In all seriousness though, posting on OzHonda before calling the mechanic who did the work (especially a job as big as an engine swap) is really putting the cart before the horse. Anyone in any business should be given an opportunity to set things right. If they don't, then I guess they are fair game, but small business people are nothing without their reputation, so at least give 'James' an opportunity to protect his. Chances are he would be horrified to hear something went wrong and would go to great lengths to fix it . . . but you're not going to know that unless you give him the opportunity.

mocchi
07-01-2013, 06:32 PM
dont think anyone said anything bad about james

jn093
07-01-2013, 09:35 PM
It might be the engine mounts coming loose, front control arms loose or maybe cv shaft/boots.

SU-WOOP
07-01-2013, 09:57 PM
JAMES here;
the issue was a 10mm bolt caught in the vents of the brake rotor jamming between the carrier
i go to extreme lengths to keep my customers happy, as part of being compassionate about what i do
no ones perfect,shit happens

In all seriousness though, posting on OzHonda before calling the mechanic who did the work (especially a job as big as an engine swap) is really putting the cart before the horse. Anyone in any business should be given an opportunity to set things right. If they don't, then I guess they are fair game, but small business people are nothing without their reputation, so at least give 'James' an opportunity to protect his. Chances are he would be horrified to hear something went wrong and would go to great lengths to fix it . . . but you're not going to know that unless you give him the opportunity.

couldnt have said it better i lose sleep even after tripple checking

FAISAL- I apologise that i was unable to assist during my holiday period, with your reciept comes waranty wich i would have no problem honouring
the vehicle had been test driven washed and vacuumed before its return and in working order
if u didn't exploit the measures that mechanics take to keep u happy, your last mechanic would have honored his warranty and you wouldn't have had to pay me to change your motor
when i informed your previous mechanic of the blatant mistake that he had made, he just warned me about you and his ordeal
Ison-Industries runs on word of mouth and a good reputation that in wich brought you to my shop
posting online before ive had a chance to look at the problem diminishes the trust you have in me as a mechanic
this doesnt tarnish my reputation it just give you one less honest repairer

regards, JAMES
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/431321_10151194050925036_1998310747_n.jpg

connorling
07-01-2013, 10:08 PM
thread should close.
James makes things right and thats all matter.

honest mistake.

bennjamin
08-01-2013, 05:45 AM
thread should close.
James makes things right and thats all matter.

honest mistake.

Good to see.

Guize , don't name names online when you aren't happy with work. You take it back to them or the department of fair trading if its unresolved.

u mad?
08-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Lmfao, james' SIG

mocchi
08-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Lmfao, james' SIG

ctx
08-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Lmfao, james' SIG

Kenninho
08-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Lol was gonna say if it sounds like cv problem. Could be something lodged in the brake rotors. But James got this

lolmclol
08-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Lmfao, james' SIG

SU-WOOP
08-01-2013, 08:02 PM
which james?

curtis265
08-01-2013, 08:53 PM
james ftw!

mocchi
08-01-2013, 09:43 PM
JAMES here;
the issue was a 10mm bolt caught in the vents of the brake rotor jamming between the carrier
i go to extreme lengths to keep my customers happy, as part of being compassionate about what i do
no ones perfect,shit happens

couldnt have said it better i lose sleep even after tripple checking

FAISAL- I apologise that i was unable to assist during my holiday period, with your reciept comes waranty wich i would have no problem honouring
the vehicle had been test driven washed and vacuumed before its return and in working order
if u didn't exploit the measures that mechanics take to keep u happy, your last mechanic would have honored his warranty and you wouldn't have had to pay me to change your motor
when i informed your previous mechanic of the blatant mistake that he had made, he just warned me about you and his ordeal
Ison-Industries runs on word of mouth and a good reputation that in wich brought you to my shop
posting online before ive had a chance to look at the problem diminishes the trust you have in me as a mechanic
this doesnt tarnish my reputation it just give you one less honest repairer

regards, JAMES
[IM]http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/431321_10151194050925036_1998310747_n.jpg[/IMG]

bro his name is farooq

PHO
08-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Lmfao, james' SIG

SU-WOOP
08-01-2013, 10:03 PM
james ftw!

work in progress

RenzokukenJ
09-01-2013, 02:18 AM
Lmfao, james' SIG