PDA

View Full Version : VTI-S Conversion.

amant02
08-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm currently doing an VTI-S converison on my missus jazz.

My pannel beater has the following.

Front Bar, Side skirts and Spoiler.

From my research standing on the corner of parramatta road. I have noticed the following;

I need Tail Lights, antenna, fog lights and rims which I have found.

From the Net;

Leather steering wheel. Dont have this yet..kinda worried to this one at home since the Vtec button is located here lol.

Is there anything else that i could be missing to make this complete.

Also i have noticed that the antenna is at the back instead of the front. I'm hoping it will fit in the same hole and it wont lessen the quality of radio signal as we love the talk shows.

amant02
08-01-2013, 09:31 AM
FYI its a VTi

lolmclol
08-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Hey Guys,

From my research standing on the corner of parramatta road. I have noticed the following;

From the Net;

Leather steering wheel. Dont have this yet..kinda worried to this one at home since the Vtec button is located here lol.

Also i have noticed that the antenna is at the back instead of the front. I'm hoping it will fit in the same hole and it wont lessen the quality of radio signal as we love the talk shows.

dat vtec button

androo
08-01-2013, 10:04 AM
'Jazz' emblem with a black dot instead of blue? :D

fillit
08-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Peefacelift has antenna on front and face lift has antenna on the back, you should get the face lift side mirrors too as they have indicators

blommer
08-01-2013, 03:50 PM
not sure if anyone noticed this but here goes... with the facelift GD models, the instrument cluster has "jazz" on the tachometer. As mine is a VTi-s, the dot on the "J" lights up in blue. Should be the same for VTi models? Please confirm this. Wondering if the GLi models has the dot litted up in red?

blommer
08-01-2013, 03:54 PM
also found this:

"Vti-s turning circle is 9.8m, Vti turning circle is 9.4m"

Steering rack is different for both models

fillit
08-01-2013, 04:54 PM
not sure if anyone noticed this but here goes... with the facelift GD models, the instrument cluster has "jazz" on the tachometer. As mine is a VTi-s, the dot on the "J" lights up in blue. Should be the same for VTi models? Please confirm this. Wondering if the GLi models has the dot litted up in red?

Correct, the cluster is white on pre facelift and darker greyish black on the facelift

fillit
08-01-2013, 04:55 PM
also found this:

"Vti-s turning circle is 9.8m, Vti turning circle is 9.4m"

Steering rack is different for both models

I'm not too sure about this, is it pre/facelift? As far as I know all internals of the VTI/VTIS is the same other than kit. Perhaps it's because the VTIS came with 15" alloys and the VTI came with 14" steelies

GU357
08-01-2013, 08:05 PM
also, the VTi pre facelift can be VTiS with just lips and skirt, the facelift model employs new bumpers (F+R).
Wheels ofcourse are VTiS only but just get aftermarket ones.

VTiS doesnt necessarily have Leather Trim. i had a VTi with leather trim, its was just a standard steering wheel with leather cover stitched over it. the leather didnt last long, cracked after about 5 yrs. leather trim also includes shifter too i believe.

gre03
08-01-2013, 09:25 PM

pretty sure the blue J dot isn't standard on any models. would be a nice mod though

fillit
08-01-2013, 09:51 PM
pretty sure the blue J dot isn't standard on any models. would be a nice mod though

Yes 1.3L = Red dot

1.5L = Blue dot

amant02
08-01-2013, 11:26 PM
My Jazz has the blue dot. My cluster is grey. The only thing i hate about the interior is I remember seeing paddle shifters on my mates jazzs steering. My one has this toy buttons lol. I dont mind the interior. We have only done 72xxxkms on the jazz lol the interior is mint! Also the dash lights up orange. We just go the rego papers, its currently on that 13inch steelies. Ill be doing the 16inchs from the vibes any recommendations on the tyres? as the tyres are down to 65%ish.

gre03
09-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Yes 1.3L = Red dot

1.5L = Blue dot

are you talking about the 'jazz' on the speedometer?

fillit
09-01-2013, 11:33 AM
are you talking about the 'jazz' on the speedometer?

As far as I know the difference is reflected on both the dash and rear badge.

gre03
09-01-2013, 12:58 PM
As far as I know the difference is reflected on both the dash and rear badge.

prefacelift of facelift

fillit
09-01-2013, 05:16 PM
prefacelift of facelift

Clarified from photos on car sales.

Preface lift 2002 - 2004 all have white clusters with no Jazz logo.

Some 2004-05 VTI/VTI-S (transition to thai build, those with a black cluster has a blue dot Jazz logo)

Face lift 2006 - 07 GLI all have white clusters with no Jazz logo.

Face lift 2006 - 2007 VTI/VTI-S all have black clusters with blue dot Jazz logo

I hope this clears up the confusion. Also feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect with any of the information.

gre03
09-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Clarified from photos on car sales.

Preface lift 2002 - 2004 all have white clusters with no Jazz logo.

Some 2004-05 VTI/VTI-S (transition to thai build, those with a black cluster has a blue dot Jazz logo)

Face lift 2006 - 07 GLI all have white clusters with no Jazz logo.

Face lift 2006 - 2007 VTI/VTI-S all have black clusters with blue dot Jazz logo

I hope this clears up the confusion. Also feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect with any of the information.

ah righto. cheers m8

Artie
10-01-2013, 09:06 AM
amant02,

Really, to give you the info you need we need to get some more info on what you are actually trying to achieve.

Is your Vti Jazz an MY03, MY05 or MY06. (assuming that it is a GD).

If it's an MY03 or MY05, are you doing a VTi-s upgrade to MY06 or just the MY that it is?

An MY05 Vti to Vti-s upgade requires fewer changes than an MY05 Vti to MY06 Vti-s upgrade.

Cheers

UNLS1
10-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Hey Guys,

From the Net;

what on earth is the Vtec button????

lolmclol
10-01-2013, 03:48 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_709-UY_kyd8/SZOj9yPkiPI/AAAAAAAAARk/jEvU4PiEuHc/s400/vtec-just-kicked-in-yo.jpg

blommer
10-01-2013, 05:14 PM

Apparently the "7 speed mode" on the steering wheel is Vtec to him. Vtec engages like NOS. A push of a button..

DreadAngel
11-01-2013, 02:06 AM
VTEC Button? Or Scramble Boost?

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/28878927.jpg

UNLS1
11-01-2013, 08:33 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL awesome!

amant02
14-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Yes that 7 speed mode button. I call it the vtec button. When u floor it and hit it it engages vtec faster instead of waiting for the gear down in an auto car.

Its probs a MY03. Year model 2001 Jazz VTi. Im trying the achieve the 06 VTis model look. I have picked up the sound system today. Apline GPS headunit, Alpine Type R splits x2 and Type r sub. Awaiting on my local jb hifi to get apline amps in stock and JDMyard to get back to me on the facia. Ill make a build tread actually. This is my gfs valentines day pressie hoping get most of it done by then if budget permits.

I have been looking at Koni yellows (still unsure if they make it for GD3) my god are they pricey....might as well spend extra 200 and get buddyclub coils.
650 for the dampers + good springs = close to 1k. What are you guys using for your ride? Im looking get rid of that disgusting body roll and the gap in between the rims and body.

Any ideas on the antenna anyone?

amant02
14-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Also this tread is starting to get off topic. Please stay on topic guys.

fillit
14-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Yes that 7 speed mode button. I call it the vtec button. When u floor it and hit it it engages vtec faster instead of waiting for the gear down in an auto car.

Its probs a MY03. Year model 2001 Jazz VTi. Im trying the achieve the 06 VTis model look. I have picked up the sound system today. Apline GPS headunit, Alpine Type R splits x2 and Type r sub. Awaiting on my local jb hifi to get apline amps in stock and JDMyard to get back to me on the facia. Ill make a build tread actually. This is my gfs valentines day pressie hoping get most of it done by then if budget permits.

I have been looking at Koni yellows (still unsure if they make it for GD3) my god are they pricey....might as well spend extra 200 and get buddyclub coils.
650 for the dampers + good springs = close to 1k. What are you guys using for your ride? Im looking get rid of that disgusting body roll and the gap in between the rims and body.

Any ideas on the antenna anyone?

Coilovers are probably better for aesthetic appeal as Koni yellows have quite good dampers and would suit custom spring rates.

I ran Tein S techs on stock springs, the ride was tolerable, however it felt like it bottomed out on crap roads.

Due to the age of stock shocks now, I probably wouldn't recommend it.

If you are installing the sound system yourself, make sure you have a trim removal kit, I could not for the life of me manage to disassemble the facia.

amant02
15-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Ill be gettin all done professionally. From the sound system to body parts. Ill put the rims on at home as its impossible for me to fcuk that up lol. Only reason being its a present and I dont want to be too cheap on it.

If i do manage to find the vtis side mirrors, i understand the light on the fender can remain and still work? Trying to save at some places lol.

Or do i have to remove shave etc etc. maybe cheaper to get fenders as well.

amant02
18-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Hey guys quick question,

How many liters of CVT does the gearbox take?

I read on a few DIY treads thats its 3.6l, so i went ahead and bought 4Ls. Thinking might have spare 400mls for a mini flush.

While actually doing it 4Ls of oil came out the box. So i refilled 4L's. So i put back in what i took out. Now im scared that i have overfilled it. The oil hasnt even lvled out properly according to the dip stick, even after a 100km drive. Car drives better feels much more responsive. But it started to make a noise (like when ur hearing a motor bike from a distance) when you accelerate.

My god that gearbox plug was a bitch to remove.