PDA

View Full Version : Buying overseas genuine Honda parts

stevo1210
12-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've got a question in regards to ordering genuine parts for my Honda from an overseas Honda dealer. Some parts I'm not able to get here, but overseas (UK and USA) Honda dealers seem to stock them. Now what I wanted to know is would Honda Australia (or my local Honda dealer) be able to order these parts for me and get them shipped here to Australia?
When I drove a Toyota this was possible and all I had to do was provide a part number and they did the rest of the work. :)

Thanks.

PHO
12-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Honda australia are bastards.

mugen_ctr
12-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Yes they can, BUT! in saying that, most of the time they order from japan only, as that is the main connection they have, as ive had to order some brackets and no other honda dealers had them in stock so japan was the next best thing to get em from...

I hate honda australia with passion, they are bastards, an charge an arm an leg for small an big parts, but wen u need certain things an cant get else where they are best bet lol

uniqlo
12-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Is it available in japan? one option would be to order through jesse streeter or perfectrun..

stevo1210
12-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Yes they can, BUT! in saying that, most of the time they order from japan only, as that is the main connection they have, as ive had to order some brackets and no other honda dealers had them in stock so japan was the next best thing to get em from...

I hate honda australia with passion, they are bastards, an charge an arm an leg for small an big parts, but wen u need certain things an cant get else where they are best bet lol

Not sure if they have this part in Japan because I don't think they have the FN2 Civic there. I'm looking for the factory Co-axial speaker upgrade for the Type R FN2 Civic. It's $180 for a pair from Cox Motorsports Honda in the UK, they ship overseas to many countries... except Australia. :(

This is what I want: http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-civic-typer-coaxial-speaker-upgrade-p-1345.html

I understand aftermarket is cheaper, but... I want these factory ones. If I went aftermarket, I'd need a new head unit because the stock one isn't powerful enough to drive any speaker apart from the factory ones. I'm not a fan of aftermarket head units unfortunately.

sensei_
12-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Can you get someone in the UK to buy them and ship them for you? Like those assisted purchasing sites (PriceUSA)

stevo1210
12-01-2013, 07:15 PM
Can you get someone in the UK to buy them and ship them for you? Like those assisted purchasing sites (PriceUSA)

I don't know anyone in the UK. If it was in the USA, I have someone there to collect whatever parts I needed and send it here.

evolution
12-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Do you want to try getting the part from Singapore?

There is a stockist there that I have used before to get OEM parts. I got them to ship parts to me in Australia.

The company is called Thian Seng Motors. This is their website.

http://www.autoparts.com.sg/thianseng/

Not a lot to look at, contact the Waterloo Street branch, ask for Julie and tell her Damien in Perth recommended you.

There are FN2Rs brought in by the Honda dealerships there and they should be able to get the parts.

One thing to note though, if you pay them through paypal, there is a 4% surcharge to cover the paypal fees.

mocchi
12-01-2013, 10:23 PM
honda au aint that bad
sometimes its not worth buying overseas.

e.g. camshaft plug $10 honda au price, not worth waiting weeks/days to save few dollars.

sensei_
12-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Do you want to try getting the part from Singapore?

There is a stockist there that I have used before to get OEM parts. I got them to ship parts to me in Australia.

The company is called Thian Seng Motors. This is their website.

http://www.autoparts.com.sg/thianseng/

Not a lot to look at, contact the Waterloo Street branch, ask for Julie and tell her Damien in Perth recommended you.

There are FN2Rs brought in by the Honda dealerships there and they should be able to get the parts.

One thing to note though, if you pay them through paypal, there is a 4% surcharge to cover the paypal fees.

Good site mate!! it helps finding new sources. looks like i should go there when im next in sg. helps that i have family there who can pay in sgd if need be.

stevo1210
12-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Well thanks for the help guys. I'll keep that link above in mind. First I'll try to contact the place in the UK and see if they can ship here to AU as a one off thing. They do ship to the USA, so I could ship it to a family member in the USA then get them to ship it here to Australia... long way around but it works. BUT, I'll also go to my local Honda dealer and see if they can do anything for me in regards to a special order. :)

stevo1210
12-01-2013, 11:44 PM
I wanted to know something else in regards to Honda accessories. I was able to find the Co-axial speakers on Honda Access (www.honda-access.com). My Honda floor mats say Honda Access as well? I believe this is where Honda gets its accessories from right?

fillit
13-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Well thanks for the help guys. I'll keep that link above in mind. First I'll try to contact the place in the UK and see if they can ship here to AU as a one off thing. They do ship to the USA, so I could ship it to a family member in the USA then get them to ship it here to Australia... long way around but it works. BUT, I'll also go to my local Honda dealer and see if they can do anything for me in regards to a special order. :)

UK shipping is quite expensive, unless your looking at smaller items.

I wanted to know something else in regards to Honda accessories. I was able to find the Co-axial speakers on Honda Access (www.honda-access.com). My Honda floor mats say Honda Access as well? I believe this is where Honda gets its accessories from right?

That website looks like it's intended to be for Europe. All the accessories would be made in the same factory, just redistributed to different markets.

getm_up
14-01-2013, 08:37 PM
I'm also looking to buy parts for my EK Hatch, mainly replacement parts.
Cant find any place to buy oem genuine parts from, i tried google and ebay. Ebay has mostly fake crap that doesnt fit properly.

Anyway have any source they can buy bumpers, replacement rubbers/trims etc?

fillit
14-01-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm also looking to buy parts for my EK Hatch, mainly replacement parts.
Cant find any place to buy oem genuine parts from, i tried google and ebay. Ebay has mostly fake crap that doesnt fit properly.

Anyway have any source they can buy bumpers, replacement rubbers/trims etc?

Wreckers are probably the go for larger parts, shipping will cost way too much anyway. ~$300AUD for a bumper to be shipped from Japan.

You will likely have to get it colour matched and touched up.

stevo1210
14-01-2013, 10:48 PM
UK shipping is quite expensive, unless your looking at smaller items.

I completely understand that bit for sure. I ordered some small computer parts once and I was charged $15 to ship it here... it was shipped in a letter as well.
Anyway, I got a reply from the place and they do ship here to Australia! SO HAPPY! :)
They ship via Fedex. I hope Fedex is good with shipping internationally. :o

lolmclol
15-01-2013, 01:15 PM

Floor mats as far as I can see are for LHD.

sensei_
15-01-2013, 04:14 PM
My legend had the honda access tags as well for the floor carpets.

Setanta
16-01-2013, 12:16 AM
Purchase via the overseas websites, even if you tack the usual $50 shipping cost from the US on top you usually come out ahead. Same issue with BMW Australia. I can get 99% of the parts I need for my E30 from the US - usually at 1/3 the cost (the remainder are RHD specific parts). I bought 300 bucks worth of parts from the US and got them within 2 weeks. Compared to BMW Australia who quoted close to $900 for the same parts and up to 2 months delivery on parts from Germany, the shipping cost was a massive saving. Sometimes the parts are marked up 200% over US costs. You can do this with many US Honda suppliers too,

NightKids
16-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Sorry don't mean to flame you but it is really stupid to insist on buying OEM coaxial speakers from Honda. I can understand if you want an oil filter, OEM visor, OEM coin pocket, etc. but there is absolutely no point in wasting your time and money on these OEM speakers.

When you consider how much it costs, the fact that it aren't gonna sound better than any reasonable brand speaker and once it's behind the grill no ones going to know what brand it is. Some Morel Coaxials will smoke these!

Anyway, it's your money so you do what you want with it. Good luck with your search.

Setanta
16-01-2013, 09:46 AM
My Honda floor mats say Honda Access as well? I believe this is where Honda gets its accessories from right?

"Access" is an abbreviation of Accessories :) It's a marketing name.

sensei_
16-01-2013, 10:35 AM
Purchase via the overseas websites, even if you tack the usual $50 shipping cost from the US on top you usually come out ahead. Same issue with BMW Australia. I can get 99% of the parts I need for my E30 from the US - usually at 1/3 the cost (the remainder are RHD specific parts). I bought 300 bucks worth of parts from the US and got them within 2 weeks. Compared to BMW Australia who quoted close to $900 for the same parts and up to 2 months delivery on parts from Germany, the shipping cost was a massive saving. Sometimes the parts are marked up 200% over US costs. You can do this with many US Honda suppliers too,

Any idea how I would go about looking for US Honda suppliers? I have tried to contact a couple, but the shipping is just too expensive. $100 for posting a gasket.

Jccck
16-01-2013, 11:08 AM
I buy ALL of the OEM Parts i require for my Accord from the US.
From TasAuto, they do 89-00 Honda Accords only.. The shipping is decent, and it always works out cheaper than buying from my nearest Honda parts distributor.

sensei_
16-01-2013, 02:34 PM
too bad no parts for legend (acura RL).

Setanta
16-01-2013, 05:33 PM
The shipping is always expensive although the places I get my BMW stuff from usually only charge 50. I buy as much as possible at one time to offset the cost. You need to remember that when looking for some models you need to go to an Acura dealer, not Honda.

BTW - I was just reading that Honda US has closed off international shipping via their dealers - part of their gouging scheme I'd guess as Europeans were complaining about it :( Got a friend in the US that could buy and post for you?

stevo1210
16-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Sorry don't mean to flame you but it is really stupid to insist on buying OEM coaxial speakers from Honda. I can understand if you want an oil filter, OEM visor, OEM coin pocket, etc. but there is absolutely no point in wasting your time and money on these OEM speakers.

When you consider how much it costs, the fact that it aren't gonna sound better than any reasonable brand speaker and once it's behind the grill no ones going to know what brand it is. Some Morel Coaxials will smoke these!

Anyway, it's your money so you do what you want with it. Good luck with your search.

I suppose you're correct there. I was actually talking to someone about these today... walked out to take a look at a Civic my friend has with the "Bass works system", it was pretty average. It was richer than the factory system I have now, but still a long, long way off the STANDARD Accord Euro system my parents have.

I'm getting an impression that the Co-Axial speakers I wanted would also be very "average". I worked out the bill of Bass works + Co-Axial speakers to be around $800 combined. That's $530 for the Bass works at my local dealer, then $280 for two co-axial speakers shipped from the UK. Rego is just around the corner for the Civic, so I think I'll spend my money elsewhere!

Putting it in a wider perspective, the Civic stock system is averagely decent on my rating scale. I've seen worse in many other cars.

Setanta
16-01-2013, 10:41 PM
When I bought my EH Holden it had the optional AM radio and single speaker. I actually drove it around like that for some time before hiding a real stereo/ipod setup in it. I was lucky I guess, it did come with an optional heater and seatbelts, and.... it had bucket seats not a bench. No brake booster and drum brakes all around though =D

Sometimes genuine is over-rated

sensei_
17-01-2013, 12:18 AM
The shipping is always expensive although the places I get my BMW stuff from usually only charge 50. I buy as much as possible at one time to offset the cost. You need to remember that when looking for some models you need to go to an Acura dealer, not Honda.

BTW - I was just reading that Honda US has closed off international shipping via their dealers - part of their gouging scheme I'd guess as Europeans were complaining about it :( Got a friend in the US that could buy and post for you?

that sucks that the US division of honda have closed off international shipping. i guess the next best thing would be to make some yankee friends and see if they can send it to me.

EKVTIR-T
17-01-2013, 12:26 AM
http://www.oemacuraparts.com/

NightKids
17-01-2013, 08:40 AM
I suppose you're correct there. I was actually talking to someone about these today... walked out to take a look at a Civic my friend has with the "Bass works system", it was pretty average. It was richer than the factory system I have now, but still a long, long way off the STANDARD Accord Euro system my parents have.

I'm getting an impression that the Co-Axial speakers I wanted would also be very "average". I worked out the bill of Bass works + Co-Axial speakers to be around $800 combined. That's $530 for the Bass works at my local dealer, then $280 for two co-axial speakers shipped from the UK. Rego is just around the corner for the Civic, so I think I'll spend my money elsewhere!

Putting it in a wider perspective, the Civic stock system is averagely decent on my rating scale. I've seen worse in many other cars.

I wouldn't settle for crap sound personally. If you don't like the sound in your system then you should buy better speakers. Although a common problem is the factory head units are not a very good source, if you want to improve the sound further down the track, you would most likely have to replace it with an Alpine.

I would recommend for you to start off with the Morel Maximo 6.5 coaxials. See how you like the sound, I have it in my car and it's awesome... love the clarity. They cost $168 retail but you may be able to find it for cheaper. Here's a link...

http://www.ministryofbass.com.au/moshop/index.php/car-audio/car-speakers/6-5-inch-speakers/morel-maximo-6-5-inch-coaxial-speakers-with-external-crossover-80-watt-rms.html

Setanta
04-08-2013, 09:27 AM
http://www.oemacuraparts.com/

As an FYI for people thinking this is the way to go, from their FAQ:

Do you ship outside the United States?
We no longer ship outside the 50 states. American Honda and Acura of North America restrict the sale of parts and accessories to the United States. Unfortunately, exclusions include US territories, such as Puerto Rico and Guam. Unless you are in one of the 50 states, we cannot ship an order to you. :(

gach2
04-08-2013, 09:48 AM
to the op

in regard to your speakers, if your concerned that headunit is not powerful enough to run better speakers then your probably right
BUT it doesnt matter what speakers you run, your headunit will give same the power to the speakers.

what you do is upto you
but ill recommend getting cheaper aftermarket speakers (not sure if jaycar still has $100 component speakers) and forgetting about it
or getting an amplifier for the front speakers
getting a new headunit is fine but if its just for the power of the internal amplifier i wouldnt bother as its a lot of money for a little gain but if you want it for its other features then thats fine

sensei_
04-08-2013, 12:09 PM
As an FYI for people thinking this is the way to go, from their FAQ:
:(

how about getting them to ship to a forwarding company? shipitto, shopusa, places that are willing to forward your order for you at a fee of course.

ctx
04-08-2013, 03:53 PM
how about getting them to ship to a forwarding company? shipitto, shopusa, places that are willing to forward your order for you at a fee of course.

$$$$$

sensei_
04-08-2013, 04:28 PM
damn. didnt know it was that expensive.

chez00
04-08-2013, 09:25 PM
For the record I can get pretty much any JDM Honda part ( I buy from Japan weekly). PM what you need and I'll quote you. Always a lot cheaper than Honda Australia and can get a lot of hard to find parts.