PDA

View Full Version : News flash - Hondata for TSX

yfin
19-03-2005, 11:07 AM
It has been a long time coming.. 7600rpm rev limit! Fits K24A2 TSX Manual transmission owner with the ECU part numbers :

RBB-A01
RBB-A02
RBB-A03
I wonder if the local Hondata dealers will look at this for the Euro.

http://www.hondata.com/reflash_tsx.html

Matell
19-03-2005, 11:22 AM
They're not huge gains but gosh I sure hope it works on our K24A3!. There's only the one dealer here in Australia. I might have a look to see what the part number for our ECU is this weekend. I'm not too willing to be the first K24A3 guinea pig, but it sure is tempting.

yfin
19-03-2005, 11:35 AM
The power gains from 5000rpm to 7000rpm look good. I like the the torque curve. After 5000rpm torque keeps going UP rather than down with the stock ECU.

I don't think this would be a direct bolt on for the Euro - Hondata would probably need to do some tweaking. Don't we use different fuel in Aust to the USA? At the very least it shows what can be done with ECU tuning on the Euro.

Matell
19-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Yes you're right, the fuel mapping is probably different as our fuel is quite inferior to theirs. Although it's probably close if you only feed your car a high quality fuel such as BP Ultimate (as I do) or Mobil Synergy 8000 (wish we got that in QLD).

But still it will be interesting, and hopefully it won't be long until they're able to tweak the firmware for this reflash to be useable on our Euro's. Though unless they received a number of expressions of interest from us I doubt they'd look into it.

yfin
19-03-2005, 11:50 AM
Where I think this mod will make the most difference is the 1st to 2nd gear change - with the Hondata a change to 2nd gear will land where the torque curve is going up and the power arrives much earlier (at 6000rpm the Hondata has almost the same power as the stock at 7000rpm)

Matell
19-03-2005, 12:34 PM
Oh yeah!. Great point there yfin!. That'd make for really fun and more responsive driving. Hmmmm wish I had a spare ECU and K24A3 engine to donate for testing.......

yfin
19-03-2005, 01:52 PM
REview is out!

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=339945

This video is awesome - 1st gear to 6th (up to 140mph) - look how fast it gets through 1st and 2nd gear. Now that 2nd gear limit is 7600rpm it must be well over 60mph in 2nd gear. With the intake and header I am tipping a high 14 sec quarter - I guess we will find out in a few weeks when people start buying this.

http://video.vtec.net/tsx/tovtsx_1st-6th.wmv

BLKCRX
19-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Hey guys, We are still in the process of still testing the k24 ECU flash out here in Australia, like the k20 engine, the Aussie K24 engine and ECU is very different, and it will still be several months until a final Australia solution is finalized…

If you have any enquires feel free to contact me on 0417 875 785 or james@hondata.com.au (james@hondata.com.au)

We have 1 dealer in QLD, 3 dealers in NSW and 3 dealers in Vic which will be supporting the TSX upgrade.

Regards James

yfin
19-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Hey guys, We are still in the process of still testing the k24 ECU flash out here in Australia, like the k20 engine, the Aussie K24 engine and ECU is very different, and it will still be several months until a final Australia solution is finalized…

If you have any enquires feel free to contact me on 0417 875 785 or james@hondata.com.au (james@hondata.com.au)

We have 1 dealer in QLD, 3 dealers in NSW and 3 dealers in Vic which will be supporting the TSX upgrade.

Regards James

Thanks James - it is great to see you are testing the flash here. Who is the lucky Euro owner who is the test mule? Are they on ozhonda? Also - do you think a flash solution would require the ECU to be sent to the USA?

BLKCRX
19-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Testing is actualy being down with a local Aust Honda dealership ;) and in the USA.

Internet testers.. lol MEH ! ;)

Regards James

Matell
19-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Testing is actualy being down with a local Aust Honda dealership ;) and in the USA.

Internet testers.. lol MEH ! ;)

Regards James

A local Australian Honda Dealer????OMG Congratulations and well done on that feat alone! :) If it's true then I don't need to go and find out my ECU's part number and ECU calibration ID data! :D (but I will anyway :p )

Can't wait to find out more, and see how things develop for the Euro. I know I'll be keeping some $$$$ aside for when this upgrade is ready for us.

There's a dealer in QLD aye? I'm after a K24 heat shield gasket, and would gladly buy that locally as opposed to my current method of online.

Cheers for letting us know James!!!:thumbsup:

BLKCRX
19-03-2005, 04:58 PM
There are some “kewl” Honda Dealers around !! infact the owner of this dealer owns a Euro so he’s been supporting the project since day one ;) I also work very closely with them for most of my Honda racing projects especial with my race car.

Unfortunately everyone still has 2 identify there ECU, including reading the main OKI processor just we did with the k20 PRB ECU’s ill have instructions on the www.hondatech.com.au (http://www.hondatech.com.au) soon on how to do this.

My dealer in QLD is APC racing www.apc-racing.com (http://www.apc-racing.com/) they can supply tune and fit any Hondata product and have been personally trained by my self, like wise all Australian dealers have been trained, although none are aware of the k24 program as such yet. I am the distributor for Australia for Hondata and also provide technical support, product support warranty etc for all my workshops and clients.

All of my dealers in Australia can how ever identify your ECU and work out exactly what you have if you require help doing this, this is a free check up if required.

Dealers contact info

QLD
APC Racing talk to rob or nick
07 3341 7223

NSW
Redline Motor Sports
Dave Flood aka Dyno Dave – 0405 427 033

Corydon Motor sports
Contact Jim
02 9648 4264

Adrian from Toda Racing Australia
0401 869 524

Victoria
Razz Tech Performance
Contact Adrian on 0431139166

Genesis Racing
Contact Craig
03 9894 0268

James @ HondaTech
0417 875 785

Hope that helps you out.

Regards James

Chris_F
19-03-2005, 05:51 PM
thanks james... any chance of the hondata flash being offered at hond dealers around australia... an ecu upgrade that doesnt affect warranty, a number of euro owners would be all over it :o wishful thinking i guess but would be very cool

BLKCRX
19-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Maybe in the future.... but getting around Honda Australia is a lot harder than some local Honda dealers who turn a "blind" eye at such modifications....

For Honda Australia to do something like that it would need to be tested adr approved which costs many thousands of $... so honestly the chance of that happening is zero.

Warranty is like any after market part there is none, although some dealers do turn a blind eye.

Regards James

Matell
19-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Thank you very much for that info James! I'll be giving APC Racing a call on Monday!.

Please keep us informed of your progress with the reflash for the Euro, but of course only when you've reached any milestones, and are confident of this product. I think this market has a little more patience than they TSX guy's in the US ;)

I can rest easy now that I won't be guinea pigging my car in the near future!!!!

Cheers,

BLKCRX
19-03-2005, 08:13 PM
When the product works in Australia.. and is tested, and tested again in Australia only then will it be released with Australia results. The same procedure was done with the k20 DC5 ECU’s. There is always those who want to be 1st and always those who want to make sure everything is safe.

Having said that the product as it is perfectly safe, it always will be even if it’s a beta test result product currently, there will be more beta testers out here once the time comes.

Quality and service always comes first.

Never skip corners that’s my motto.

Regards James

Matell
19-03-2005, 08:36 PM
No, because skipping corners will come back and bite hard 98% of the time. :(

It's just very good and exciting news to know that Euro owners and enthusiasts in Australia will be catered for in due time. :D

aaronng
20-03-2005, 12:51 PM
This is great news that the Aussie K24A3 is being tested too! I'll be waiting!

aaronng
01-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Hondata for Auto TSX is out!

blkeuro
01-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Im definitely in when Hondata is officially released in Australia!
I read in the US forums that Hondata is not currently compatible with '05 models though... will this resolved by hondata australia james?