PDA

View Full Version : Peripheral Sven4 - Accord Euro 2006

mrdouble08
17-01-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm planning to install an AMP in my 2006 Euro and was wondering what exactly does the 'Peripheral Sven4' do? From my understand it converts the existing speaker channels that come out of the factory head unit so you can attach an AMP via RCA (as factory HU generally do not have RCA outs for subs).

I noticed that it can be setup in a different configuration to receive the speaker cables from the HU (same as before), however, pass the signal straight back through normal wires (aka NOT RCAs). What is the benefit from that? Does it filter out noise? Can you adjust the frequency? Also, can this product only be installed with specific stereos, or is this a 'general' product which ANY factory HU can use?

Chewy

DC5TYPER
18-01-2013, 10:56 PM
It comes with both speaker and RCA leads. You can swap them to any side of the SOEM4. Its a great product. Ive used it many times without any noise issues. PAC LC-1 is a good bass knob if you need to make a custom sub volume control.

DC5TYPER
18-01-2013, 10:57 PM
It doesn't have frequency control. Its full range. Use the cross-overs on the amplifier for that,