PDA

View Full Version : d15b7 auto tranny stuck in neutral when warm

garagedefend
17-01-2013, 10:20 PM
alright, heres my current predicament. you guys might have gone through it before though.

have a 95 eg, d15b7 with an auto tranny. 189k kms on the odo. when you first start her up everything is perfect. you can feel the tranny engage when you go from park or neutral to drive. the car moves as it should and bites as it should. no lag or delays.

however once warmed up the transmission just stops. like the engine is still running etc however the car will not move. regardless or whether its in drive, 3,2,L nothing happens. it just revs. if anything it moves very very very slowly. not much different from just pushin the car (that would probably move more)

but you turn the car off and let it cool and the transmission will be good again till it warms up...

question is, what gives?? what should I be looking at? couldnt find any info on the forum but other forums say an ATF flush some solenoid thing and sensor need to be replaced?

Yes, I wanna go manual but I'll get to that in the future as I need to save up all my monies as I just got married. lol

so yeah, any of you ever go through this? what should I be looking at? what sohuld I try? otherwise maybe any of you have an old working at tranyn youre throwing away. lol thanks dudes

ECU-MAN
21-01-2013, 09:36 AM
start by checking the trans fluid level when it is hot

trism
21-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Common thing on these d series auto boxes from memory.

The valve body gets cracks in it, and when it goets hot and the pressure builds up, it gets through the cracks and so theres no pressure to hold it in gear.

Cant replace valve body, means just replace box,.