PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Hondata ECU Flash for the Euro...would you?

Matell
19-03-2005, 12:56 PM
In light of yfins post:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17162

and Hondata's willingless to at least consider the Aussie market (see post 10):

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=394710&posted=1#post394710

Who amongst us would be willing to get this?

I know I would, so can we get some numbers here to form a rough percentage of Euro owners who would consider this?

yfin
19-03-2005, 01:13 PM
I will register a "yes" - but it will obviously depend on whether the gains are similar to the TSX, price, and whether there is good support from the Hondata dealer(s) in Australia. The other thing with me is I am a conservative modder and would probably wait 12 months for my warranty to run close to its end...

The only other question I have is would this be done within Australia? Or would the ECU need to be sent to the USA (thus adding cost and time without a car).

Matell
19-03-2005, 01:30 PM
All good points especially price and gains.

In my case time without the car isn't a problem if the ECU had to be sent to the USA as I'll just dust off my old beater Camira :)

I was originally conservative with regards to mods...even being silly enough to purchase the extended warranty. However now I've already tapped into the ECU harness to install my RSM I'm not really to concerned with warranty.

VirIIx
20-03-2005, 01:17 AM
I'd like to do it, so i've registered a yes.

Like all things, the gains have to be reasonable, like the TSX gains.
My warranty will last for awhile im sure :S but tiny lil mods don't hurt im sure :) *here's hoping* but i'm personally very time critical. I would not like to lose my car more than a day or two.

I also don't see a reason why it would be shipped to the US to get it modified, especially if the ECU is being tested here and changed to suite our environment.

euro77
20-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Just wondering if the dealer can know if the ecu has been reflashed or not. if not, then I guess we won't have to worry about the warranty, would we?

Just like that powerchip (I think that's what it's called), according to them the dealer won't know as it's undetectable.