PDA

View Full Version : Need help please, honda integra 2005 type s

dangskiies
21-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Hey, I just got my x force headers installed by budget mufflers. Since it has been installed, i think the extractors lifted up the rest of my exhaust pipe line closer to the body of the car and when i drop the clutch quickly, the pipe line before the exhaust tip hits the body of my car and makes a knocking noise. What can i do to stop the knocking ? Please help

Oz_Striker
22-01-2013, 06:06 AM
Do you still have stock engine mounts? What front sway bar do you have?

Slow.ek1
22-01-2013, 06:43 AM
also what exhaust rubbers are u running

dougie_504
22-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Take it back to the shop and ask them to correct the exhaust clearance

eLtrix
23-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Had this happen to me awhile ago with my very very very gold dc4. Had to change the muffler cause the car had a ricer quad exhaust. Changed it to just the one to look stock and such, but when it was installed every time i would rev the exhaust would hit the body. I told the mechanic, and what did he do? Got cable ties to make it better LOL

Oz_Striker
23-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Would also suggest taking it back to the exhaust shop to see if they can fix it but the dc5 chassis is known to have these issues when you put an aftermarket header on the car with stock engine mounts, not just xforce but many aftermarket brands occasionally have the same problem. Hard race motor mounts are a good option to rectify this as they are still quite comfortable for street use but will get rid of a lot of the flex in the motor under acceleration, gives you a better transition of power to the wheels as a bonus too! I have them in my type s and they are great!

dangskiies
23-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Thanks guys, I took it back and the lowered my exhaust a tad, and that fixed the issue. I had a short ram intake put in aswell with a K&N pod filter, would it make a big difference if i made it cold air intake instead ?

Oz_Striker
23-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks guys, I took it back and the lowered my exhaust a tad, and that fixed the issue. I had a short ram intake put in aswell with a K&N pod filter, would it make a big difference if i made it cold air intake instead ?

That's good you got it fixed. Make a big difference to what?

eLtrix
23-01-2013, 01:34 PM
That's good you got it fixed. Make a big difference to what?

In performance. Theres a thread somewhere here comparing short ram intake and cold air intake. Search it up.

dougie_504
23-01-2013, 01:51 PM
You won't notice a massive difference but I'd rather run a CAI than a SRI anyway.

eLtrix
23-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Heak soak be your enemey

mocchi
23-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Heak soak be your enemey

heak soak is also my worst enemey

dangskiies
24-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Do you guys recommend me changing my engine mounts? I just replaced that with genuine parts from trivett, but if i put on aftermarket ones would it make a massive difference ?thanks for all the advice, im gonna change it to CAI

Oz_Striker
24-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Do you guys recommend me changing my engine mounts? I just replaced that with genuine parts from trivett, but if i put on aftermarket ones would it make a massive difference ?thanks for all the advice, im gonna change it to CAI

Mounts give you a bit more vibration in the cabin, but less flex/movement in the motor under acceleration so as I said before you get a better transfer of power to the wheels. One of the best mods you can do to a DC5 as the stock mounts aren't that flash. If your going to do it get the hardrace ones, good quality and one of the better brands for the least amount of vibration. I have them and love them

dangskiies
24-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks for all the help ! Did you do anything else to your type s? Also did you know if the guard panel on base dc5 models fit on dc5 type s ?

Oz_Striker
24-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks for all the help ! Did you do anything else to your type s? Also did you know if the guard panel on base dc5 models fit on dc5 type s ?

No problem, it's good to get advice from people that have been in your situation. Haha yes lots of stuff, mine is no longer a street car. What else are you thinking of doing?

As long as it's the facelift version I can't see why not as the rest of the body panels are the same, I can't be 100% sure though as I haven't done it before

dangskiies
25-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I'm planning to get those mounts changed and probably front sway bar, jdm flywheel. What do you recommend that would make a big difference ? Not sure where to buy the parts either ay. Chuck a picture up

Oz_Striker
25-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I'm planning to get those mounts changed and probably front sway bar, jdm flywheel. What do you recommend that would make a big difference ? Not sure where to buy the parts either ay. Chuck a picture up

Why the front sway bar if you don't mind me asking?

Jdm flywheel is a good idea, are you replacing your clutch as well? Its best to do them at the same time to save labour costs. You might even want to consider an lsd while the box is open, that is one thing that made a massive difference to me. I decided to track my car so my decisions will be different to yours but if you want so e ideas take a look at my http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=11022build thread on clubitr. There are a few good build threads here on ozhonda for DC5's as well.

As for buying parts, check out the for sale section on the forum, ebay and some American sites like kseriesparts.com

dangskiies
03-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the help mate, I heard the front sway bar gives the car more control

dangskiies
03-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Also, recently somehow water is getting into my car wetting the carpet behind the passenger seat, this only occurs when it rains what do you suppose i do ? or what may be the possible reason ?

dougie_504
03-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Leaves under the plastic strip at the bottom of your windscreen possibly blocking water galleys. Take the clips out, remove the strip and inspect.

WATAJK
03-02-2013, 08:16 PM

In all honesty, just get a exedy lightweight flywheel and exedy clutch...
Ur JDM Flywheel will be second hand then require machining.... Just buy a new Exedy one IMO It's also lighter

dangskiies
03-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the swift response, ill have a alook in the morning, how do i know if something is wrong ?

dangskiies
03-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Also, should i check anything else that might be causing this problem! Its been occuring only recently

Oz_Striker
03-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the help mate, I heard the front sway bar gives the car more control

No problem, I would suggest upgrading the rear sway bar before the front, it will bring more handling benefits :)

Also, recently somehow water is getting into my car wetting the carpet behind the passenger seat, this only occurs when it rains what do you suppose i do ? or what may be the possible reason ?

Can you see any evidence of water on the roof of your car (inside)? Might be your suroof leaking or could be the boot lid seal. Just have to trace the leak back. Also smell it to make sure it is water and nothing else just in case

dangskiies
03-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Yeah, the water doesnt smell, its not coming from the sunroof cause there is no sign of water dripping it just gets very damp when it rains so im guessing it comes from under the carpet do you know what hose etc it may be coming from ?

dangskiies
05-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Anyone have a solution

dangskiies
14-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Does anyone know how to clear the engine light, the engine light wont turn off as a result of my extractors.

Oz_Striker
14-05-2013, 06:26 PM
You can get an o2 sensor defouler to get rid of it, or just bite the bullet and get the thing tuned with a Kpro an that will get rid of it! ;)