PDA

View Full Version : One question about Jazz's manual transmission

Poeter
19-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Hi,

Just picked up my new Jazz recently and this is my first time owning a manual car as well. Having said that, i'm new to using manual but sorta getting the hang of it.

Today, i accidently tried to shift from Neutral to 1st gear without pushing the clutch. However, it doesn't go in which i thought to be lucky otherwise it would have grinded my gears. My question is, does the jazz have some mechanism to prevent newbies like me to crunch gears??

Speaking of cruch gears, i already did one sec of crunching. I was practicing a 3point turn and so. I shifted held the clutch and shifted from 1st to R while the car hasn't completely stopped. It made an unpleasant sound and so i wondered if i made any serious damage by doing that?

Usual Suspect
19-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Do you have a manual licence or are you going for it?

Crunching isnt exactly good for your car, i suppose that is obvious, but unless u really keep forcing it in with no clutch it shouldnt do to much damage.

Just make sure you are always stationary when putting her in reverse, otherwise it iwll happn every single time.

08ESE
19-03-2005, 10:17 PM
a few crunches wont hurt, but try not to do it too often :)

MRFIT
19-03-2005, 11:38 PM
dont worry mate, every driver has crunched at least once or twice.... :)

Poeter
20-03-2005, 12:50 AM
Do you have a manual licence or are you going for it?

Crunching isnt exactly good for your car, i suppose that is obvious, but unless u really keep forcing it in with no clutch it shouldnt do to much damage.

Just make sure you are always stationary when putting her in reverse, otherwise it iwll happn every single time.

lol well i didn't get my red P's on manual but i'm on green P's about 2months ago. Most of the concept behind using manual were learnt from watching Best Motoring Videos and sometimes being a passenger in my uncle's type r. LOL :confused: Despite knowing the concept of how to use a manual, i had to practice in my friend's excel to really get my hands and legs co-ordinated to use manual.

About the reverse thing, lol, i realised that on my first crunch and i've learnt my lesson. I should've read the manual before driving because i just read and it says not to shift to R unless stationary. :rolleyes:

Zimp13
20-03-2005, 04:20 PM
thats ok.... wont kill the car that easily.... the car under warranty anyway...

FB008
20-03-2005, 05:43 PM
yeah, not good for the car so dont do it too often :) you'll get used to it. just remember to wear shoes and should make it easier to drive :thumbsup:

asiansquad
20-03-2005, 08:14 PM
lol well i didn't get my red P's on manual but i'm on green P's about 2months ago.

what's a green P?