PDA

View Full Version : 2003 EP-3 Civic type R Price in Aus

Breeze
19-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Guys,

What sort of resale price on an EP3 civic type R in Aus with about 40000kms? Fully complianced personal import?

Cheers,

Usual Suspect
19-03-2005, 09:43 PM
hard to say, is their even one of these in Australia at all?

civ_sik
19-03-2005, 09:45 PM
why? Do you have one?

Breeze
19-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Might possibly consider bringing one back from NZ that or an Evo 7, about the same cost here.

civ_sik
19-03-2005, 09:51 PM
quite illegal i tried to bring a car back from there last year and its not possible

Breeze
19-03-2005, 09:54 PM
I bought in a twin turbo sti legacy/liberty GT-Vlimited no probs. Just have to own it for 12mnths which is all part of the fun.

I have 15mths here and looking for another car, one that will not lose too much of original purchase price if I take it back to Aus.

The lancer is a bit thirsty for NZ pump prices.

civ_sik
19-03-2005, 09:57 PM
yea thats what i tried to bring in a subaru legacy gt-b wagon i had owned it for like 2 years but they wouldnt let me so what do you do...

Usual Suspect
19-03-2005, 09:57 PM
do it do it do it, you have to bring one in.

Me andmy might alex are thinking of seriosuly moving over their in 2 years and live for 18 months to work and bring in our dream cars hehehe.

civ_sik
19-03-2005, 10:03 PM
believe me you dont want to live in nz (no offence to anyone that likes nz) not like theres any of those peoples here anyway... the only good thing are the cars over there and the cheapness of them.

Breeze
19-03-2005, 10:04 PM
The legacy I bought in from Japan but same principle. Own it in your name in an overseas country. Demonstrate you have proof of use and ownership, apply for personal import plates, pay customs duty, get car complianced (the legacy they did nothing to, fuel filler was still big, side mirror glass remained that shitfull convex stuff, standard seatbelts remained).

Then you get a set of nice yellow compliance plates in the mail and the car can be registered anywhere in Aus.

When I moved the car to NSW it had to have the personal import VIN stamped on part of the body under some new law.

Breeze
19-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Traffic in Auckland during peak hours sucks but other than that I enjoy it.

Oh and that it rains at least once every day from April to mid January.

civ_sik
19-03-2005, 10:09 PM
lol and all the little punk kids every where

Usual Suspect
19-03-2005, 10:09 PM
mate im a pohm so i can deal with the rain. ehhehee.

civ_sik
19-03-2005, 10:10 PM
oh yea and the fact that the whole place (auckland) is a ****en hole!!

SIKCVC
20-03-2005, 01:35 AM
If you're gonna bring back a car dont bother with the EP3... its already eligable for import into aus under SEVS... HOWEVER... none of the RAWS guys have gotten behind it yet. I read on here that someone somewhere was actually in the process of getting his cert to sign them off. If I were you I'd bring over a car thats already available in aus but sucks because they de-spect the aussy model. People will jump all over the import model... ITS JDM BRO!!!

gelo
20-03-2005, 11:33 AM
ek9!

JDM.Power
20-03-2005, 11:39 AM
yeah thers heaps of lil punk kids at night times my fob friend told me...an do u guys know Ketzal? from high octane..i reckon we should get him in aus an do a full cover story in NSW :)

J-MuN
20-03-2005, 12:04 PM
i have yet to see an EP3 here in VIC... havent heard that they had arrived... it'll be awesome to see one...

spoonEG9
21-03-2005, 06:01 PM
theres a black one in perth. dunno how it was brought in. but i guess anythings possible if u got the dosh.

NightRyder
22-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Hey guys, I also had that in mind in buying an EP3, when I was in NZ for holiday. I was so drooling over seeing one that it made me thirstly!
I even saw a poor (champion white) wrecked one, not totally smashed or anything, but had been stolen and as the Honda guys said, it seems it was taken for a joyride and eventually clipped a wall or something. And just had the seats ripped out and left stranded.
The engine and all was still intact and everything else seem fixable and replacable!

But anyway, back to what I wanted to say, when I got back to Oz, I felt that urge to want to bring one back and import to Sydney, NSW. But of course I did not know the rules and regulations of how to go about bringing it to Oz, Sydney.
So, I decided to ask the RTA and this is what they have to say....
NOTE: The chain emails actually start at the bottom, working your way up, so I hope you guys find it informative. Cheers.
BTW, I'm still thinking about it!!! :) :D

>Paul,
>
>As far as the RTA is concerned, so long as the importation side of things is >completed, the only other thing you need worry about is the issue of >compliance to the minimum safety standards.
>
>These standards are basically things like glass markings, seat belts, head >restraints, child restraint anchorages etc. (as per VSI 4)
>
>The main problems I've heard of is to do with the child restraint anchorages. >Some vehicle aren't supplied with the anchorage points.
>
>If there are none supplied in the vehicle, you would need to approach an >RTA Approved Engineer (list attached) or an Authorised Restraint Fitting >Station.
>
>If you need to, these restraint fitting stations can be found by contacting >Mobility Engineering on 02 9482 4572.
>
>From that point, it's just a case of the vehicle passing the inspection for >road worthiness.
>
>Regards
>
>Colin.
>
>
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: paulngo@veritel.com.au [mailto:paulngo@veritel.com.au]
>Sent: Thursday, 24 February 2005 12:47 PM
>To: Technical Enquiries
>Subject: RE: Importing a car from NZ
>Importance: High
>
>
>Colin,
>
> sorry to bother you, as the vehicle is less than 5 years old and just >briefly reading a section of the link you supplied, the car does seem to be >an eligiblity vehicle for import. If say, all goes well with importing to >Australia, what would be the reasons of it being unable to be registered in >NSW by you (RTA)?
>
>Paul
>
> Paul,
>
> Unfortunately, without knowing the type of importation approval
> granted, it's very difficult to know what needs to be modified, if
> anything, for registration.
>
> The attached document (Vehicle Standards Information No.4) deals with
> the issue of registration requirements in NSW.
>
> Unfortunately, this document is out of date but is still relevant. The
> document indicates the ownership overseas must be at least 3 months,
> but is now 12 months.
>
> http://www.dotars.gov.au/transreg/vsb/vsb_10.htm
>
> It will depend on the type of importation approval granted and the age
> of the vehicle as to the correct procedure when applying for
> registration.
>
> I'll try to explain it as clear as I can.
>
> Basically, if the vehicle is imported under the "Personal Import"
> scheme, it will only need to meet the minimum safety standards.
>
> If the vehicle is more than 15 years of age, the importation approval
> document will not indicate usually that it's a personal import.
>
> If this is the case, and the vehicle was built from August 1972, an
> engineers report will be needed to show compliance to the Australian
> Design Rules for its year of build.
>
> Once the vehicle arrives, the best idea would be to take it to a "Blue
> Slip" inspection station along with all importation documents to
> determine the level of compliance.
>
> The costs involved with importation is dealt with by the Australian
> Government.
>
> A blue slip station can be located, when in Sydney, by contacting
> Technical Enquiries or Customer Service Centre on 13 22 13.
>
> If you have any other enquiries, don't hesitate to reply or contact
> Technical Enquiries on 1300 137 302.
>
> Regards
>
> Colin Lambert
>
> Technical Enquiries Officer
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Ngo [mailto:paulngo@veritel.com.au]
> Sent: Thursday, 23 February 2005 23:22 PM
> To: Technical Enquiries
> Subject: Importing a car from NZ
>
>
> ATTENTION: Alan
> From previous information you supplied in regards to buying a vehicle
> from interstate, now I would like to know the procedure in importing a
> car from NZ and whether if NSW has any special rules than other states
> when buying and importing from overseas, and why NSW would be more
> strict? The car I plan to buy and would like to import, is a japanese
> vehicle from an NZ car dealership.
> Could you please tell me exactly what needs to be known and any other
> details necessary for me to consider buying and importing to Sydney from
> NZ.
> A prompt response would be greatly appreciated.
> Regards
> Paul
>
>

bumpy1
23-03-2005, 11:47 PM
sounds like there's a lot to do. but i think it would be worth it. if only i had the money????? :(