PDA

View Full Version : Water leakageafter heavy rain - cu2 3 months old

setiorion
26-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Hey guys
I have euro cu2 my13 , 3 months old car
As u all know it is raining heavily in QLD & the other day i left my car outside for few hours at work ( all windows raised , sunroof locked & doors locked ) . when i came back & opened the door

1.floor was filled with water up to the doorsills
2.boot filled with water & the spare Tyre submerged in water
3.back seat had lot of water under it
4.noticed water on all 4 sides of the floor , & water is not draining

:(

car has 3 years warranty on it & comprehensive insurance with allianz

I need some advice on this friends . I have called the insurance & honda as well . so

1.Is the car going to be a repairable write off or will it be simply repaired ?

2.If they repair will they guarantee that there wont be any future issues with the wiring , mold attack, rust , malfunction of electronics etc ?

3.should i ask for a replacement car / new car from Honda as they sold me a car that leaks ?

4.what are the conditions where a water damage is a repairable write off ?

5.how should i approach insurance guys & what to do when the insurance guy is at my place to assess the damage ?

6.Should i see a lawyer if they say they will fix it but wont guarantee any further leaks/malfunction

I would appreciate any adv guys

Fredoops
26-01-2013, 09:32 PM
1) It's not an insurance problem unless there is a flood. It's a warranty issue, I don't see why you cant demand a new car.
2) Without knowing whats the cause we cant tell ya.
3) Give it a try, seems we have a lot of 2012 build issues, from excessive oil usage to dents on then roof to.... this.
4) Fresh water: Submerge all the way to the windows/ceiling, SALT water: too the footwell = write off
5) Not really, it's not an insurance problem, insurance do not cover poor worksmanship or any mechanical/build related problems that came out of the factory
6) speak with Honda first, if they dont play ball then look into it with the lawyers

redseven
26-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Where did the water come from? If it was from some blockage in the door drainage channels, then Honda has a helluva lot to pay for. I would press for a new car... do you guys have lemon laws over there in QLD?

setiorion
27-01-2013, 08:33 AM
I donot know where the blockage is & the location of the leakage
I have called honda & they said they will look into it & determine the leakage <

But do u guys think i should press for a new car as it is only 3 months old & there is a major leakage

setiorion
29-01-2013, 07:49 PM
so many views & only 2 replies -----help me with any more suggestions guys

BigBen
29-01-2013, 09:47 PM
That's alot of water inside your car mate. That's like a couple of hundred litres of water in your car. Sounds like someone put a garden hose in your car and turn on the tap!!

hanzzi
29-01-2013, 10:04 PM
I would be demanding a new car. If they don't play ball, seek legal advice.

psykotech
30-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Don't waste your time with Honda. Make an insurance claim first and foremost.

The assessor will determine how any water damage occurred, the damage will be fixed or the car will be replaced. If the assessor finds the damage was caused by a fault with the car, then you can use that to recover your excess from Honda.

JDM DC2R
30-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Depending what insurance company your with. Most have replacement on ride off within 1 year of purchase!

HunterZero
30-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Are you sure the car wasn't inundated in a flash flood? Given the weather in Rockhampton lately and depending where you are...

If so, then unfortunately it's an insurance job, not something that is able to be claimed on warranty.

Hope you have a new-for-old if they write it off.

- HZ

Fredoops
30-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Don't waste your time with Honda. Make an insurance claim first and foremost.

The assessor will determine how any water damage occurred, the damage will be fixed or the car will be replaced. If the assessor finds the damage was caused by a fault with the car, then you can use that to recover your excess from Honda.

Only if its flooded, it it was not caused by flood but poor worksmanship te insurance will reject the claim.

psykotech
30-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Only if its flooded, it it was not caused by flood but poor worksmanship te insurance will reject the claim.

All damage is covered by insurance, regardless of the cause unless otherwise specified in the PDS.

Fredoops
31-01-2013, 12:17 AM
All damage is covered by insurance, regardless of the cause unless otherwise specified in the PDS.

I know that, I used to deal with them day in day out.

But insurance company are smart enough to protect themselves from lemons, insurance is there for accidents, not for when a factory can't put te panel together worth a shit

Just a few PDS exclusions:

AAMI/GIO/SUNCORP
We do not pay for
"mechanical, structural, electrical, electronic or other failure or breakdown."

Shannon's
Exclusions:
"Faulty repairs or worksmanship other than what is covered under Shannon's lifetime repair guarantee."

NRMA
Not covered:
"mechanical, structural, electronic or electrical failures"

Budget direct:
You are not covered under this policy for:
"mechanical, structural, electrical, electronic, computer or computer program failures, malfunction or breakdown"

If it is faulty seals and panel matching, insurance is going to steer clear of it, you got a warranty, hardly their problem.

HunterZero
31-01-2013, 10:21 AM
It's a car, not a submarine. It's not meant to be flood proof.

- HZ

Jasemas
31-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Also... If he was to claim insurance - he'd still need to pay for excess for his claim
Might as well go through Honda first