PDA

View Full Version : K&N Air Filter part no. for Euro Luxury

VIDSEURO
27-01-2013, 01:06 PM
G'day Guys

Today I bought a K&N air filter Part no. 33-2402, went to install it and would not fit
the air housing, totally cheesed off, its original price was $161 but was reduced to $86

Also when i'd taken out the original filter it was really dirty with black gunk in various parts. The car has 44,600Km's. im also from Canberra..:honda:

Do any members have the K&N standard filter installed and what's the correct part for our cars.
The guys at Repco said he always has problems with Honda car air filters not fitting correctly.
Im also wondering is this a useful thing to replace or just keep the original filter and stuff it..:p

Please could you help me out, many thanks for any replies :thumbsup:

Fredoops
27-01-2013, 07:15 PM
G'day Guys

Today I bought a K&N air filter Part no. 33-2402, went to install it and would not fit
the air housing, totally cheesed off, its original price was $161 but was reduced to $86

Also when i'd taken out the original filter it was really dirty with black gunk in various parts. The car has 44,600Km's. im also from Canberra..:honda:

Do any members have the K&N standard filter installed and what's the correct part for our cars.
The guys at Repco said he always has problems with Honda car air filters not fitting correctly.
Im also wondering is this a useful thing to replace or just keep the original filter and stuff it..:p

Please could you help me out, many thanks for any replies :thumbsup:

33-2402 is for the BIG ACCORD, not accord euro

33-2430 i sfor the Acura TSX/Accord euro
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2430

caudex
27-01-2013, 09:14 PM

Seems excessively overpriced for $161. $86 is ok though.
You can get it cheaper at amazon.com though even when its including shipping. Around US$50 at amazon which already includes shipping.

Use the 33-2430 that one will fit.

caudex
27-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Oh just wondering though, what do they call the air filter in the service manual? Is it the air cleaner element?

Fredoops
27-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Oh just wondering though, what do they call the air filter in the service manual? Is it the air cleaner element?

bingo

TheSaint
27-01-2013, 11:52 PM
just bought one for $120 at Auto1
Part No. 33-2276
for 2004 CL9 mt

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff378/ramholman_2/33-2276.jpg

fits factory air box but doesnt fit comptech icebox - 2-4mm gap all the way around
lets in alot of hot air, makes it sound like a pod filter
also lost torque and throttle response that is generated from the larger volume comptech lid

another thing i dont like about this filter is that it has alot smaller surface area
the filter area is a rectangle that ends where the angle tapers off
i tried to retro-fit it with some rubber strips from clark rubber but didnt like the sound or results

ordered a replacement from uni-filter with cleaning/oil kit
they make the original filter for the comptech icebox
it sounds better and i got better performance out of it

ill be selling on the k+n filter after only a week of use

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1559/2761/3896380160_large.jpg

Fredoops
28-01-2013, 12:14 AM
just bought one for $120 at Auto1
Part No. 33-2276

Thats for a CL9.

I paid $40 for mine, shipped from the USA to my door.

I also have unifilter that came with the icebox, i prefer the K&N myself.

TheSaint
28-01-2013, 12:22 AM
how do you go with the gap around the k+n filter not sealing and letting in all the hot air?
pretty much negates the point of having the larger volume box from comptech
there was a dramatic performance loss and it sounded like crap when i just straight swapped the filters
got about 50kms less on that tank as well

using rubber strips to seal it in helped but was still no where close to the unifilter

i actually thought the k+n would be an upgrade =/

Fredoops
28-01-2013, 12:23 AM
double sided tape.

TheSaint
28-01-2013, 12:26 AM
and that was thick enough to seal it in?? - the gap on mine was at least 4mm or even 5mm wide
i used a very thick rubber strip that sealed the filter right into the lid and it still didnt perform as well as the unifilter

perhaps different engines like different things lol

then again it was louder with more top end - i liked the more quiet sports car sound and the nice gain in throttle response and torque that the original setup offered

also is your comptech icebox the newer version or the older version - could have something to do with the differences we are experiencing =p

Fredoops
28-01-2013, 12:30 AM
and that was thick enough to seal it in?? - the gap on mine was at least 4mm or even 5mm wide
i used a very thick rubber strip that sealed the filter right into the lid and it still didnt perform as well as the unifilter

perhaps different engines like different things lol

then again it was louder with more top end - i liked the more quiet sports car sound and the nice gain in throttle response and torque that the original setup offered

also is your comptech icebox the newer version or the older version - could have something to do with the differences we are experiencing =p

I got the version without the "COMPTECH" writing on it.

I basically taped the KN filter to the upper side of the icebox.

TheSaint
28-01-2013, 12:33 AM
ah yeah - mine is the version without the writing on it
i tried 3m taping it to the inside lid but it still had too much of a gap

horses for courses i guess =)

08r3308
28-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Would these oiled filters be OK for cu2 as I have read on USA forums they can foul afm

VIDSEURO
28-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Many thanks for all your replies..
Just for now im buying the OEM filter..

Cheers Guys:)

MR_LATE
29-01-2013, 04:17 PM
i could sell u a piece of cardboard for less. please dont buy oem air filters

TheSaint
29-01-2013, 05:56 PM
at least get a uni-filter
they do a good job, cost about the same (if not less) than K+N