PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused about my Jazz...

GarryG
31-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Hi there fellow Jazzies,

As the title mentioned, I'm a bit confused about my car... I am a noob, as well as a bit ignorant about whatever inside the hood.. I own a 'supposed' 2005 GLi... When I did a bit reading, it says that GD3, which is the code used for 1.5L powered VTi. So, I opened my hood, found the tag, saying "GD3", and "V-TEC" covered engine. In my registration, it says that the engine size is 1.3L... And when I checked the VIN, it also says GD3 and the Engine number starts with L15A..
A bit of thoughts from anyone? Is it possible that my car had been engine-swapped before I bought it?

I attached the pictures. Thanks, I can't sleep thinking of it lol.. Something might be wrong in my car's history (Bought it second-hand last year on April)

amant02
01-02-2013, 12:52 AM
That is a VTi or VTis. Mine looks the same.

What colour is the dot for the jazz on your boot lid, if its red its a gli if its blue its a Vti or Vtis.

There are no mechanical difference between the VTi and VTiS. Just cosmetic.

I would fix before you get pulled over and checked *very rare but it could happen* They can impound the car.

GarryG
01-02-2013, 05:15 AM
It's a Blue dot. So I think the car's registration is wrong, eh? And yeah, it has no bodykit and foglight..

fillit
01-02-2013, 06:44 AM
body kit and fog light may be missing due to the thai transition.

VTI's don't come with body kit either

GarryG
01-02-2013, 06:49 AM
So, it is 1.5L Engine, right? I think I gotta go to RTA tomorrow, gotta fix this, lol....

gre03
01-02-2013, 07:12 AM
looks like a 2005 GD3 VTI 1.5L L15A

good luck sorting it out mate

GarryG
01-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Result came out. It is registered as VTi, but the dealer I got it from listed the car as GDi, as well as the purchase docs etc. but my rego says the correct things, and just updated it with my insurance. A raise in agreed value by a grand...