PDA

View Full Version : Modifying a 1.6 VTEC

spetz
20-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Hey guys,

A friend of mine is getting a B16 DOHC VTEC into his EG civic hatch. Work is going to be done at GPC.

Now, what is the recommended mods after the conversion?
What will some CTR extractors do?
What size exhaust? Custom or branded?
He has a Apexi power intake filter which will go to the front bar via CAI plumbing.

Any help would be great!

J-MuN
20-03-2005, 02:08 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17035
here are sum... try searching, theres heaps of threads i'm sure out there with all your answers... or ask Sir JDM, he has some very interesting and helpful info on moding a B16A in an EG...

*edit: :)

jimmeh
20-03-2005, 02:58 PM
if u getting the work done a GPC then ur prolly getttin a jdm b16a. and they go harder than the the aus b16. and ur gettn a remapped ecu so ull be sweet

save ur money for a turbo

panda[cRx]
20-03-2005, 03:00 PM
4 inch exhaust piping and 8 inch canon will have the car running low 13's:)

J-MuN
20-03-2005, 03:02 PM
']4 inch exhaust piping and 8 inch canon will have the car running low 13's:)
bahahaha!!

panda[cRx]
20-03-2005, 03:03 PM
what's so funny? :confused:

tRipitaka
20-03-2005, 03:11 PM
all lies and allegations

J-MuN
20-03-2005, 03:18 PM
nah i pictured the panda with you 4 inch piping and your 8 inch HKS canon muffler... (DROOLS)

Chi
20-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Dont forget to fill the car with SUper petrol.

sesshoumaru
20-03-2005, 03:31 PM
nah i pictured the panda with you 4 inch piping and your 8 inch HKS canon muffler... (DROOLS)

yeh i bet u did...:eek:

z3lda
20-03-2005, 04:23 PM
but wouldnt a 4" piping be insufficent? since the super petrol will make the car faster. hence needs bigger pipin...? 6"

wynode
20-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Oh for ****s sake grow up Panda, chi and z3lda.

Another stupid reply and this gets locked.

tRipitaka
20-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey guys,

A friend of mine is getting a B16 DOHC VTEC into his EG civic hatch. Work is going to be done at GPC.

Now, what is the recommended mods after the conversion?
What will some CTR extractors do?
What size exhaust? Custom or branded?
He has a Apexi power intake filter which will go to the front bar via CAI plumbing.

Any help would be great!

Good to see another EG hybrid on the roads..
Exhaust.. Branded is always going to be better, as they have been tuned to perfection.. you get what you pay for..
But if your friend can't afford it, I'm sure custom will make him happy, unless you're friend's going to be tracking his car every week, and going pro..
You should go either 2inch or 2.25inch..
Most people would recommend 2.25inch on the b16a though

one more chance
20-03-2005, 06:26 PM
ass clowns!

CTR headers are 2 piece 4-2-1 cast headers. you want 4-1 so i suggest to go for ITR 98-00 4-1 single piece headers! better gains.
i think 2.25" piping will be good, especially with the top-end power gains that the 4-1 headers are good for. and to top it all of get a good ecu to reprogram the fuel-settings!

spetz
20-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the helpfull replies guys.

What kind of branded exhausts are there available? How much do they cost approx?

GPC asked whether he wants black top or red top, obviously he went for red top but I am unsure if that's actually the JDM version or Charlie meant he will paint it read (bit of a communication barrier if anyone knows Charlie ;) cool guy though.

PS. My friends EG is a rod type transmission (not cable).
will this be changed to cable type? He is buying a quickshifter so will this affect anything?

one more chance
21-03-2005, 01:52 AM
brand exhaust? u mean from the b pipe down? if so, dont worry, just get a cutom job!
get a nice high flow cat too!
if hes getting a red top, could be a B16B CTR.. though i doubt it for that price..
assuming just the valve cover painted red

tRipitaka
21-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the helpfull replies guys.

What kind of branded exhausts are there available? How much do they cost approx?

GPC asked whether he wants black top or red top, obviously he went for red top but I am unsure if that's actually the JDM version or Charlie meant he will paint it read (bit of a communication barrier if anyone knows Charlie ;) cool guy though.

will this be changed to cable type? He is buying a quickshifter so will this affect anything?

The engine's from someone who probably painted theirs red..
Branded exhausts ?
Mugen
Spoon
Apex'i
Kakimoto
Buddy Club
Just to name a few..
But you're looking around $1000+ for the good stuff..
But they won't let you down.... rexona.

J-MuN
21-03-2005, 07:31 AM
The engine's from someone who probably painted theirs red..
Branded exhausts ?
Mugen
Spoon
Apex'i
Kakimoto
Buddy Club
Just to name a few..
But you're looking around $1000+ for the good stuff..
But they won't let you down.... rexona.
and also, with exhausts, do u want it to be LOUD or decent... Spoon for instance is loud during idle & while driving... i've got a Spoon Muffler n dang its loud... gets quite annoying when u're driving from 3,000 rpm and 4,000rpm... mugen and fujitsubo on the other hand, are quite on idle, but when u vtec sounds pretty loud.. :D

panda[cRx]
21-03-2005, 07:44 AM

most ppl convert from cable clutch to hydro clutch, i've never seen it the other way around

spetz
21-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Which transmission assembly is better?
I have cable type and to be honest it feels quite precise.
With his honda I noticed it's a bit funny feeling, sends vibrations through the gearknob, reverse doesn't get in easy...

spoonEG9
21-03-2005, 05:58 PM
depends how much ur gonna do to the engine i guess. if ure gonna go the extractors. cams and ecu all that. u shud prolli go for 2.5 inch piping all the way from a 2.5 " high flow and resonator.

Then the top end will be crazy. :cool:

MrPlow
21-03-2005, 06:04 PM
yeh a nice search should help you with everything you need....

Knyte
21-03-2005, 09:50 PM
4" piping will make the car slower. You don't want to go too big.

tRipitaka
22-03-2005, 07:28 AM
4" piping will make the car slower. You don't want to go too big.

panda was joking :cool: