PDA

View Full Version : Is this Civic GLI EK P-Plate Legal? (VIC)

MattGueit
04-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy a 1999 Honda Civic GLI EK but I'm not sure if it is P-Plate Legal in Victoria and the seller isn't 100% sure. All I have is this photo, would you guys please suss it out?

Thanks, Matt.

flipfire
04-02-2013, 09:22 AM
The car is P plate legal per se, but its got an air filter which is not a legal modification.

Winter
04-02-2013, 09:31 AM
it's p plate legal the car
however the short ram intake filter (the blue thing) is not legal

EG9
04-02-2013, 11:32 AM
My EG passed a VicRoads and an EPA inspection with a filter set up like that, legal as long as the filter is not 'oiled'.

mugen_ctr
04-02-2013, 01:06 PM
ITS LEGAL....... Vic laws allows one modification to the intake side only, must not be oiled based filter and secure with a bracket, that isnt secured properly so it wouldnt pass

MattGueit
04-02-2013, 05:56 PM
ITS LEGAL....... Vic laws allows one modification to the intake side only, must not be oiled based filter and secure with a bracket, that isnt secured properly so it wouldnt pass

Where could I get a bracket and how much would it cost? Also how can I tell if it is oiled?
Or would it just be easier if I remove it?

Sorry, I am new to all this :P

Vatorz
04-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Where could I get a bracket and how much would it cost? Also how can I tell if it is oiled?
Or would it just be easier if I remove it?

Sorry, I am new to all this :P

any Car Auto store (ie. supercheap, repco, autobarn) they'll be able to help you out with those bits, and it will have a greasy feel to the filter other than that they look the same by what i've seen.