PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Alarm won't off after replacing a flat battery

xkye77
04-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Alternator faulty and it drained the battery after a week (no time to fix). I bought a new battery to replace the flat battery and intended to drive to nearest workshop. However, when I hook up the new battery, the car alarm goes off. And I don't know how to disable it.

Tried using the key on driver side, turn off position, turn on position and off again.
Tried unlock the car using key & remote.
Tried start the engine. (Won't do any good as seems like it will cut off the power and alarm beeping after 10 sec.)

Anyone out there can help?????

Thanks!!!!!

infurNOS
04-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Is this an aftermarket alarm?

They are deisnged to go off when the battery is disconnect, but once the new battery is connected back, you should be able to disable the alarm with the remote as normal.

infurNOS
04-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Have you checked all fuses also?

Snoop_gee
04-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Okay with the euro ive read somewhere when changng the battery

battery drained after sitting around a few days. Started but slow to crank over.

So then in goes the new battery but the alarm would go crazy.

the alarm goes off random.Other times, like u said using the key on the drivers side to lock or even unlock the accord.

It just might be a faulty Hood Latch Sensor ..disconnect it!
Not the ideal but at least it will turn off that alarm and then possible replace the hood latch sensor.

infurNOS
04-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Unhook the battery and try it again with the key in the ignition and in the on position beforehand. Also, start with the negative then the positive

Snoop_gee
04-02-2013, 10:39 PM
the alarm detects a change in one of the sensors (boot, bonnet, closing or opening a door after its armed. The switches in the boot, door and bonnet are all basic closed\open type switches.

The Cl9 alarm system outputs 12volts through each switch.
Its got to go thru an open switch or stops by a closed switch. needless to say , the system will arm as normal.
The only way that it sets the alarm off is a change in circuit, one way or another.

HunterZero
05-02-2013, 11:02 AM
I had a flat battery in my car after leaving it standing locked for a few weeks. I unlocked the driver's door with the key to get to the hood latch to connect a charger, and when I reconnected the battery after charging the alarm would go off. Ended up locking the driver's door with the key, then reconnecting the battery and it was fine. Haven't had a problem since.

- HZ

HunterZero
05-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Also, start with the negative then the positive

Don't do this.

Reconnect the RED +ve first, then the BLACK -ve. Always disconnect the black lead first, and reconnect it last.

- HZ

infurNOS
05-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Don't do this.

Reconnect the RED +ve first, then the BLACK -ve. Always disconnect the black lead first, and reconnect it last.

- HZ

You just contradicted yourself. THe negative is the black lead.

HunterZero
05-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Um, you should read it again - there is no contradiction...

To be clear:

When disconnecting the battery, disconnect the BLACK -ve FIRST, then the RED -ve.

When reconnecting the battery, connect the RED +ve FIRST, then the BLACK -ve LAST.

- HZ

infurNOS
05-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Um, you should read it again - there is no contradiction...

To be clear:

When disconnecting the battery, disconnect the BLACK -ve FIRST, then the RED -ve.

- HZ

Unhook the battery and try it again with the key in the ignition and in the on position beforehand. Also, start with the negative then the positive

How is that different to what i said...

curtis265
05-02-2013, 03:45 PM

For some reason i read that as "reconnect the negative before the positive" (since you didn't specify).

but i think we all have the right idea :)

HunterZero
05-02-2013, 04:26 PM
How is that different to what i said...

I read that as you meaning when connecting the battery. It wasn't clear.

- HZ