PDA

View Full Version : strange nosie...

4thgeneCivic
20-03-2005, 08:11 PM
hi all..
when im at the lights....and when i take off...it makes this strange nosie...from the exhaust...and the car is straggling to accelerate...
could it be because the carb...btw i have 4thgen civic hatcback...
or maybe sparks plugs...or maybe the injectors needs to get clean
its seems only to make the nosie when i accelerate after i stop completely...it doesnt happen at high speed...
hope yous guys can help me out...
thanks for any help...

4thgeneCivic
20-03-2005, 09:08 PM
man....someone help me...

aimre
20-03-2005, 09:26 PM
really, its hard to diagnose a problem without hearing it.
maybe then u gun it, thus opening the carby, a bit more fuel goes in then there is air, thus making it it richer and sluggisher.

OR maybe im just talking crap as my knowledge of carbies comes from RC engines and that is a symptom :):)

4thgeneCivic
20-03-2005, 09:32 PM
it sound like gurgling sound..

2NTICN
20-03-2005, 09:34 PM
i get a strange noise too in my 92integra but its wen im over about 5000rpm, does anyone know what this could be?

4thgeneCivic
22-03-2005, 10:35 AM
anyone know the strange noise....2NTICN....try cleaning the injectors..that might be y??

Relay
22-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Auto or manual? Sounds like a gurgle or more of a rattle sound. If its the sound that i am thinking of mine does this too. Not sure what it is. After i changed my exhaust it went away, still a stock exhaust though. Now only does it when i don't have enough revs, say in second gear and try to go agian. I am not really worried about it, but then again i am changing my engine soon.

garett
22-03-2005, 03:21 PM
you cant clean the injectors if it is a carbie

Eclipsor
22-03-2005, 03:23 PM
do you mean clean the jets? cuz you don't have fuel injectors if its a carby. Might be worth getting the carbs serviced if it is a mixture problem. They can adjust mixture, idle etc. That'd eliminate carby related problems either way. Shouldn't cost too much.

If you want to fiddle yourself. Here is a manual page showing the idle speed and mixture adjusting screws on the dual carbs. http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/ConcertoManual/62sk301/6-15.pdf Just try and keep track of how many turns you make one way or the other so you can set it back if it dosn't make it any better.