PDA

View Full Version : 8th Gen widebody front discs...which ones

brokenback
19-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Sorry I've searched but cannot find the DBA/RDA part number for an 8th Gen Accord wide-body (even looked at DBA catalogue). Front discs shuddering a bit under breaking looking at either DBA street series std or slotted...depends on cost.

I think....I may be wrong but they are 282mm dia DBA488 for std and DBA488S for slotted? The reason I ask as I would have thought them to be the same as the Euro.....apparently not!

Anyone?:confused:

brokenback
09-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Oh come on doesn't anyone know the diameter of the front discs of 2010 8th gen wide-body Accord? I just put a tape measure around it and came to 37" circumference which equates to 300mm dia.

This is the same as Euro? Is this right? Does anybody know?

brokenback
12-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Jeez ya reckon someone would know this....so I had to do it myself. I asked DBA and even a few shops they all got it wrong, here is what I found.

Front discs for 2.4 Accord wide-body 8th Gen 2008 on (well for 2010 model at least) are:
300mm dia; 28mm thick vented disc rotor; B measurement 49mm (disc thickness and hub height); E measurement 64mm (inner hole). Top hat diameter is ~157mm.

Thus to me, they are the same as the Euro discs DBA2510. I tried some DB1515GCT pads and these fitted the front calliper & disc perfectly. The front calliper is marked as Nissin.

Doing pads and discs change as pads worn and discs have slight shimmy under braking. Not worth machining as DBA discs can be had cheaply...special on discs (T2's) supercheap atm, 25% off T2 slotted.

edit: the rear pads are well known, DB1953GCT or whatever variant. Don't know the rear disc rotors size.

brokenback
15-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Just to finalise this thread...yes new DBA 2510 discs fitted (to wide-body accord 8th gen) and pads as mentioned above...all good no problems, thus discs etc are same as Accord Euro.

Impact screwdriver fell to bits in 2 hits trying to loosen disc Philips screws.....just tapped on screwdriver with a hammer and used socket drive to "crack" disc Philips screws. Bedded pads ok breaking works a treat no judder now.

Now to get CV's fixed...RH I think. I cannot do this myself. Arranged with other OZHonda member to do for me and flush trannie. 3 times.

Fredoops
06-05-2013, 01:28 AM
^^^ good work.

Sorry but the accord form is all but dead, most folks are in the euro forum, hence the lack of response here.