PDA

View Full Version : 5th Gen Prelude - Wiring LED strips into footwells

rigby
20-02-2013, 03:38 AM
So I have a goal to wire 4 different sets of SMD LED strips into my 5th gen Prelude, one in the drivers footwell, one in the passenger side footwell, and one at the bottom of each side of the back of the center console (covered by the rails of the seats so as to not blind the passengers in the back).

I've researched it a bit, and from what I have read I need to source the power from the fuse box behind the dash. Now in saying that, I know I'll need a relay as I only want them to light up when the parkers/headlights are on. So I need to wire them into the negative wire of the headlights (pin 86) and that's about all I've got so far. Can anybody shed some light on this for me? Or point me in the direction of a DIY/write up because I can't seem to find any.

Also, will I just need the one relay for the 4 separate LED strips? A step by step walkthrough would be great if one is available, otherwise just some general instruction how what to wire where, and I'll do my own write up with pictures for people to use.

Thanks