PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Modulo CR-V White

wh1tehat
21-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Just like to share on the Mrs new CR-V. Wife and kids are happy with it.

Was desperately finding a CR-V enthusiast forum but not much around, seems the old CR-V had seen better days. New CR-V didnt quite gather the momentum as previous models in Australia. Hope to see more new RM CR-Vs on the road.

Any suggestions/comments welcomed.

With 19 inch Vertini Magic Concave Wheels - 02/13

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8240/8493771665_162a0b8c28.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5453/8811908802_13d28f18fe.jpg

With 19 inch Vertini Magic Concave Wheels and Full Tint - 03/13

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8516/8530269942_932918d2ce.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8391/8501509593_30d7b394b7.jpg

With Custom Red Modulo Leather seats - 04/13

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8382/8621562194_1e9e71b224.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8122/8659480991_7b3e6c6d34.jpg

Improvements to be made:
1) Added 19 inch wheels [done ]
2) Full tint and Paint Protection [done ]
3) Pearl Black Vinyl Wrap on Front Grille, with Modulo Emblem
4) Custom Red Leather Interior with Modulo insignia - [done ]
5) Lowering H&R Springs - maybe
6) HID - maybe (likely 6k Lumi bulbs for front and fogs, led swap for plate lights)
7) Plasti-Dip Red/Black Combo for rear emblems

NB: I do not have the Modulo Front Grill because I felt that the modulo grill looked a tad cheap, and too similar to the Kia. Furthermore, I do like the strong front grill, and if required, I will wrap those in gloss black as well.

p0c1
22-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Congratz for your new car.!!

That Looks Hot..

more pics please..

Didn't realise the Modulo Body kit could change the car so much..

wh1tehat
22-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Congratz for your new car.!!

That Looks Hot..

more pics please..

Didn't realise the Modulo Body kit could change the car so much..

Thanks mate!

It's in the morphing stages, going to have it tinted today, and few more other stuff in the next few weeks, and I don't really have a camera at this stage to do its justice.

Will post more in due course, and that's a promise... too bad my very own car is not a Honda; and I have owned Hondas all my life, until they went a little too bland :P

xanctus
24-02-2013, 06:12 PM
That looks good! Keep posting some new updates please! :D

evolution
24-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Very nice looking CRV you got there.

Just personal opinon, why would you want to lower a SUV? Kind of defeats the purpose of getting one in the first place isn't it?

wh1tehat
24-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Very nice looking CRV you got there.

Just personal opinon, why would you want to lower a SUV? Kind of defeats the purpose of getting one in the first place isn't it?

Thanks for the compliments.

Gap is a tad too big. But very likely, I will NOT lower it, as the H&R springs lower it by 35mm, which I did a physical check, which will allow for only 1-2 cm clearance, plus as I have wider wheels, it will likely hit the guards unless I roll them.

wh1tehat
24-02-2013, 08:26 PM
That looks good! Keep posting some new updates please! :D

Cheers mate.

Probably do the leather next, but I can't decide between all black/dark grey with red stitching; or all red with black/white stitching. Not many examples to show for. Several years ago, I had a tricked out Jazz with all red leather which was awesome, but not sure if I have outgrown that :)

UNLS1
25-02-2013, 10:09 AM
i dont like the wheels, i think the Honda 19" options would look better. they look bigger than the 19" u have on now

oops just realised ur car is not the luxury so the 19" wheels are not an option for you.

lol in that case your wheels look better than the honda 17" standard wheels.

mrgu
25-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Why r u so proud of working for Honda? Top range crv doesnt come with 7seater option.. Nor panoramic sunroof. No diesel option. Godd... No wonder no one buys it anymore...and that vertical taillight....so old fashion.. I love ur rims btw...stop critising other ppl s car using ur dull tongue of voice

wh1tehat
25-02-2013, 01:35 PM
i dont like the wheels, i think the Honda 19" options would look better. they look bigger than the 19" u have on now

oops just realised ur car is not the luxury so the 19" wheels are not an option for you.

lol in that case your wheels look better than the honda 17" standard wheels.

Thanks for your frank comments, appreciate it. Always good to receive feedback. I know, some people asked the same questions. Why not VTI-L? You get 18s and all that... but I want 19/20s :D

To address your comments but in a way also explain my thought process around the VTI-S purchase over the VTI-L.

The 19 inch from Honda looks bigger because the surface is flat, whereas this vertini wheels are concave. I prefer concave with a lip because rolling shots are better. :) The asking price for those wheels are also too high for something that I think I could get better out there. Plus the rims are heavier than it looks. Vertini wheels are a tad lighter from my understanding. If Honda Australia were to offer rims from Europe or HFP from the USA, I would have considered those options more.

In honesty, they weren't the first choice in terms of rims, I was going for a five spoke concave in matt (dolphin) grey (avant garde M550 19inch), otherwise I would have gone for 20 inch, but due to a delivery difficulty of the provider, I had to settle for the almost the same price the vertini + tyres. Good thing was it was the 2nd choice (my wife's choice) :).

Coming to the point of VTI-S over VTI-L, I figured I wasn't keeping the 18 inch wheels, the SINGLE-colour option leather seat was dull (and thin) which meant I was going to change it anyway, I had no need for memory or heated seats ( I had for other car and I don't even use it). The only compelling stuff were the Sunroof, start stop and HIDs. Since the roofline is high, the sunroof wasn't overly compelling, since you probably can't see much out of anyway, I would have acquired in a heartbeat if they came with panaromic roof. Plus if it came with power tailgate -awesome. The HIDs were good, but that means I have to also change the foglights to HID for consistency.

Other than that, calling myself a bit dull, my own hybrid start stop was fantastic, I get that especially with start-stop engine technology, but the CR-V felt gimmicky and the engine doesn't have the start-stop feature found in hybrid or some diesels. And since it was rare for Honda start-stop button apart from CR-Z and the S2000 ( i think maybe type R as well), and offered ONLY in the VTI-L, I was thinking it may be a point of failure :) , and with the Mrs driving it 90% of the time, I don't know if she can handle a failure :) .

I rather save the 5-6K and go after all the aftermarket options which I now have "funds" for. Beside the wheels, I am aiming to go for custom leather with modulo/cr-v insignia etc, I have also considered aftermarket dual pane Panaromic roof, weighed the cost options but what ultimately weigh me down was the warranty and structural integrity of the vehicle.

Ultimately, to each his own I guess. I value uniqueness and am willing to pay a small premium for that. Would love to invest in an kahn designed evoque but space limitations and funds prohibit that, and I always do have a soft spot for Hondas :)

wh1tehat
25-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Why r u so proud of working for Honda? Top range crv doesnt come with 7seater option.. Nor panoramic sunroof. No diesel option. Godd... No wonder no one buys it anymore...and that vertical taillight....so old fashion.. I love ur rims btw...stop critising other ppl s car using ur dull tongue of voice

Thanks for your compliments mate. Wheels weren't my first choice, but they grew on me. They actually look better in person due to the shiny gloss lip.

I agree the vertical tail-light is somewhat old fashion, still found in Volvos and Nissans, and the rear of the new CR-V is probably the main drawback of the current design. I hoped to break that with the modulo kit, but also "tasteful" (IMHO) wraps around some areas and the hope of probably some aftermarket LED (once they become available).

Again, I will post them up once I fitted them on.

UNLS1
26-02-2013, 10:22 AM

what a nice comment. there is no need for 7 seat option, Forrester, CX-5 RAV 4 none have 7 seat option, do some research first. Diesel is coming this year. Its selling very well and there is a good wait to get models.
If you want to post up at least get some facts correct first. child.

wh1tehat
26-02-2013, 10:44 AM
what a nice comment. there is no need for 7 seat option, Forrester, CX-5 RAV 4 none have 7 seat option, do some research first. Diesel is coming this year. Its selling very well and there is a good wait to get models.

CR-V doesn't have a 7 seater option ever, at close to 4.6m length, the 3rd rows are fairly useless. But if Honda plays their cards right and release a new MDX (acura MDX) in the states, the large SUV at 4.8m and longer could accommodate the 3rd low fairly comfortably.

Diesel engine i-Dtec in Europe is a good thing, but tbh, I am not 100% sure if they are ever going to bring it in. As it stands, there are now already 5 variants for the CR-V. If you have diesel, then it may go up to 7 variants, and hence may be a bad thing due to cannibalism and dilution. And since it will be manufactured in Swindon in the UK , the price differentiation will have to cover the costs of manufacture and transport, and my guesstimate list around the 50k mark and above; uncomfortably close to the large SUVs - Santa Fe, Muranos, Jeep GCs, CX-9s.

wh1tehat
26-02-2013, 10:46 AM
As a general consensus, what do folks here think of the colour scheme below? I was already in the mind of such a scheme, good that AMG came up with it as well, notably with the side mirrors cherry red and darkened emblems?

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-jJHI88j2ZDY/USuE8In8I3I/AAAAAAALy8I/yjE6mm_Lgd8/s1600/Mercedes-C63-AMG-Japan-Special-Carscoops-6%25255B2%25255D.jpg

curtis265
26-02-2013, 11:06 AM
do like that red/black/white theme

UNLS1
26-02-2013, 11:40 AM
CR-V doesn't have a 7 seater option ever, at close to 4.6m length, the 3rd rows are fairly useless. But if Honda plays their cards right and release a new MDX (acura MDX) in the states, the large SUV at 4.8m and longer could accommodate the 3rd low fairly comfortably.

Diesel engine i-Dtec in Europe is a good thing, but tbh, I am not 100% sure if they are ever going to bring it in. As it stands, there are now already 5 variants for the CR-V. If you have diesel, then it may go up to 7 variants, and hence may be a bad thing due to cannibalism and dilution. And since it will be manufactured in Swindon in the UK , the price differentiation will have to cover the costs of manufacture and transport, and my guesstimate list around the 50k mark and above; uncomfortably close to the large SUVs - Santa Fe, Muranos, Jeep GCs, CX-9s.

the diesel will be here 3/4 of this year. I agree on price but the CX5 is close to 50k with everything and diesel and thats the biggest competitor. it does get close to the other larger SUV's but not luxury models ect more base models. We are getting the earthdreams civic hatch diesel next month and im really looking forward to it. Only prob is manual as most are manual in UK. the CRV will be auto.
The civic is built in swindon and is very competiative on price with all other jap/korean hatches in the same market.

oh and BTW i have purchased a new CRV in the Orchid white also. Get it next week and cant wait! best colour ever!

wh1tehat
26-02-2013, 03:09 PM
the diesel will be here 3/4 of this year. I agree on price but the CX5 is close to 50k with everything and diesel and thats the biggest competitor. it does get close to the other larger SUV's but not luxury models ect more base models. We are getting the earthdreams civic hatch diesel next month and im really looking forward to it. Only prob is manual as most are manual in UK. the CRV will be auto.
The civic is built in swindon and is very competiative on price with all other jap/korean hatches in the same market.

oh and BTW i have purchased a new CRV in the Orchid white also. Get it next week and cant wait! best colour ever!

Gratz on the cr-v.

The europe version also has drl by default, and the higher spec has power tailgate and panaromic sunroof, i am not sure if the same will be imported here. Market positioning in some european countries differs from australia. Eg. The crv in some countries is priced the same as the volvo xc60. Go figure.

UNLS1
27-02-2013, 08:55 AM
lol FAIL honda. just found out diesel crv not out till next year now. been delayed . booooooooooo

wh1tehat
27-02-2013, 11:38 AM
lol FAIL honda. just found out diesel crv not out till next year now. been delayed . booooooooooo

As stated above, I'm not surprised actually. The diesel engine on the Honda is actually pretty good, and demand in Europe is pretty high for those engines, but rest of world isn't that high to justify. Other than Europe, India and Australia are probably the highest demand for Diesel engines, but since both countries are sourced from Thailand, the supply chain for those engines are not well thought of yet. Any special arrangement will simply be too costly.

Mazda deems Australia to be one of the most important market, but Honda sadly isn't. Whilst I don't like it, I do understand the economics behind it. There are indeed bigger markets for Honda to address.

I would imagine for the diesel CR-V to be in Australia, a mid life refresh for the Thai Made CR-V model to include DRLs etc is required, and hence would at least be mid 2014. Around that time, demand for Diesel engines in the US, India and rest of countries would have caught up, and hence justify production of such engine in Thailand/Japan/US(for US market).

mrgu
27-02-2013, 12:20 PM

Haha.....u r funny ..typical sales man voice ... Make a lot of noise but doesn't make much sense. Around 45k mark more ppl would go for Kluger rather than rav4. When crv heads on with Santa fe diesel. It loses every prospect... Selling well? U don't expect ppl to buy accord or accord euro any more do u?

senna
27-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Nice car, i like the rims too!

Is it just me or are the front wheels running Positive Camber?

Have you had a wheel alignment done?

wh1tehat
27-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Nice car, i like the rims too!

Is it just me or are the front wheels running Positive Camber?

Have you had a wheel alignment done?

Thanks for the compliments. It looks to be positive because of the low offset of the wheels causing it to look protruding out a little. I had it done, but I will probably get a 2nd opinion as well to be safe, since you have made the observation and you are from a suspension business :)

evolution
27-02-2013, 01:27 PM
The positive camber look is pretty normal from factory. If you look at the FD civics (stock ones) you will also notice the positive camber look at the front. It is even more obvious with wider rims and lowering as the rear gets more -ve.

Hence I have gotten front and rear camber kits for my cars whenever I lower and get get rims to adjust the look.

wh1tehat
27-02-2013, 09:03 PM
The positive camber look is pretty normal from factory. If you look at the FD civics (stock ones) you will also notice the positive camber look at the front. It is even more obvious with wider rims and lowering as the rear gets more -ve.

Hence I have gotten front and rear camber kits for my cars whenever I lower and get get rims to adjust the look.

Thanks mate. Points noted, didnt quite know that :)

I doubt I will be getting the camber kits though, lowering springs itself is tad hard to justify to the Mrs for now. She likes the ride height.

Mugen_Power
03-03-2013, 02:05 AM
Congrats on the new purchase. Wheels and window tint really set it off.

UNLS1
04-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Haha.....u r funny ..typical sales man voice ... Make a lot of noise but doesn't make much sense. Around 45k mark more ppl would go for Kluger rather than rav4. When crv heads on with Santa fe diesel. It loses every prospect... Selling well? U don't expect ppl to buy accord or accord euro any more do u?

what would i know? ive only been doing this for 7 years. I do know u are an idiot with no idea. all mid SUV around 45k sell very well inlc CRV, CX-5 and now RAV 4.
where do u get all your facts from? please tell me as i seem to have no idea on whats selling and market demand for any segment.

wh1tehat
04-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Congrats on the new purchase. Wheels and window tint really set it off.

Cheers mate. :)

Hopefully will set if off even more with some custom leather and a couple other tweaks.

wh1tehat
04-03-2013, 11:29 AM
what would i know? ive only been doing this for 7 years. I do know u are an idiot with no idea. all mid SUV around 45k sell very well inlc CRV, CX-5 and now RAV 4.
where do u get all your facts from? please tell me as i seem to have no idea on whats selling and market demand for any segment.

True to a large extent. Strangely enough, the offerings from today's SUVs have a fairly large price range, and probably one of the highest variance of any segment.

However, I believe there's a perceived upper limit for mid sized SUVs to be 50K, and 7 seater SUVs to be upper limited at 65K, and anything above that seems to go into luxury range. At the lower end, it is now starting from 30K.

Once the CR-V and CX-5 cross the threshold of 50K, it starts competing and cannibalising into the 7 seater mid level spec SUV (eg CX-9, Kluger, Santa Fe Elite) or the semi luxury variants (Murano, BMW X1).

Honda is best to bring in a MDX to compete in the 45- 65K range, which is sorely missing from Honda's range now.

On a separate note, if the RAV4 came in a hybrid engine, the case would have been more compelling, but without rear seat air and nothing really special (at least they have a v6 last model), I wouldn't know to what extent would a RAV4 sell other than being a toyota.

UNLS1
04-03-2013, 03:12 PM
MDX was one of the best cars i ever drove and sold! its a pitty they dropped it here. They did thay only due to volume and not worth converting to RHD for the amount we sell.
They new MDX is just amazing and if we had it here i would buy one for sure!

also just telling someone u spent 50k on a Hyundai just doesnt sound good lol

wh1tehat
05-03-2013, 09:52 AM
MDX was one of the best cars i ever drove and sold! its a pitty they dropped it here. They did thay only due to volume and not worth converting to RHD for the amount we sell.
They new MDX is just amazing and if we had it here i would buy one for sure!

Agreed. Unfortunately, the Aussie market isn't big enough, and the USA market is a major market for Honda/Acura. I only HOPE that they bring in the NSX here in 2015. The old NSX still appeals. That will invigorate the brand and bring back fond memories, and since I've got the CR-V, I am in no hurry to get the MDX. Truth be told though, if MDX doesn't come into play in 3-5 years, chances are I would be moving on to the Lexus new SUV, codenamed NX, with the hybrid powerplant, smaller than the RX.

also just telling someone u spent 50k on a Hyundai just doesnt sound good lol

I used to have the same thought and still do to small degree, but Hyundai has really bucked up their game especially with their onslew on new models and good exterior designs.

Honda has a very good lasting appeal with all their vehicles but quality hasn't much improved over the years. I still have minor gripes on this new CR-V, little things every other day that I find, telling of less than desirable QC in the Thai plant. The Lexus on the other hand, seriously Faultless (but fairly boring to drive :P i must admit) . New GOOD things I find every other day when I first got my car :)

UNLS1
05-03-2013, 10:05 AM
haha yeah true, but remember the $$$ for the lexus so it has to be faultless!
Ive always admired luxus too.

wh1tehat
10-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Consensus / Opinion Seeking

What do you think of this colour scheme for the leather seat (if possible)? Any suggestions/opinions welcomed.

This is self created for now. Combination of Hot Red Cushion, Dark Grey inserts (ideally perforated), white logo and dark grey stitches.

Thanks in advance.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8511/8540827879_8e0f8295a3.jpg

mrgu
10-03-2013, 01:12 PM

ohh. for working for honda for 7 years....good on u. i envy u ....honestly... the new rav 4 has a diesel option so does the new cx-5. sign....cough....

mrgu
10-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Consensus / Opinion Seeking

What do you think of this colour scheme for the leather seat (if possible)? Any suggestions/opinions welcomed.

This is self created for now. Combination of Hot Red Cushion, Dark Grey inserts (ideally perforated), white logo and dark grey stitches.

Thanks in advance.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8511/8540827879_8e0f8295a3.jpg

not too bad...have a look at ep3r facelift 04-05's recaro colour scheme see if u like it.

wh1tehat
11-03-2013, 08:53 PM
not too bad...have a look at ep3r facelift 04-05's recaro colour scheme see if u like it.

Looked at it, similar but reversed, or either that all red, which I kinda liked as well. However, all red might be tad too ricey, and similar to a previously owned car.

UNLS1
12-03-2013, 09:11 AM
ohh. for working for honda for 7 years....good on u. i envy u ....honestly... the new rav 4 has a diesel option so does the new cx-5. sign....cough....

tell me about it. Honda are so slow! we will get the diesel but prob not till this year to early next. It will come though. These things do happen. Look at Mazda, the cx5 only came in 2.0 and diesel for arounf 6 months. The key engine was the 2.5 in that time and they didnt have one.

Took the family for a spin up to the hills on the weekend in the CRV loved it. Did really well with 4 adults and a baby.

UNLS1
12-03-2013, 09:36 AM

i like em!

wh1tehat
05-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Did the leather seat close to initial concept. The below is taken by phone quickly. Will take more photos soon. Family love it and looks good inside and from outside as well.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8382/8621562194_1e9e71b224_z.jpg

mrgu
06-04-2013, 01:32 AM
Looks great!!!top job

wh1tehat
06-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Looks great!!!top job

Cheers MrGu

UNLS1
17-04-2013, 10:29 AM
now that looks amazing!

wh1tehat
18-04-2013, 09:24 PM
now that looks amazing!

Thanks mate.

Another exterior look, isn't the best for now.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8122/8659480991_7b3e6c6d34.jpg

wh1tehat
19-04-2013, 12:53 PM
As an update to the CR-V diesel making to our shores, finally announced, but at what spec remains to be seen, but as said before, should be 2 specs at most otherwise it confuses.

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2013/honda/cr-v/cr-v-to-be-hondas-first-diesel-auto-36126

xanctus
19-04-2013, 05:56 PM
You guys are lucky getting diesel CRVs.

wh1tehat
26-04-2013, 09:35 AM
You guys are lucky getting diesel CRVs.

I am a firm believer of " Don't count your chicks before they hatch " :)

Rudy
26-04-2013, 04:38 PM
The car is gorgeous! Don't change a thing! If your in Vic, I demand to know who did those seats! What did you think of the 19" Modulo wheels as well? They're the first Honda wheels I'd actually consider buying if going for a stock look. Shudder to think of the price though (maybe UNLS1 can help?)

wh1tehat
27-04-2013, 05:41 AM
The car is gorgeous! Don't change a thing! If your in Vic, I demand to know who did those seats! What did you think of the 19" Modulo wheels as well? They're the first Honda wheels I'd actually consider buying if going for a stock look. Shudder to think of the price though (maybe UNLS1 can help?)

Thanks. Yes I am in VIC, and they are done by prestige sunroofs which are essentially outsourced from blackmans leather. Although the design scheme is done by myself (as in above posts). I don't think much of the Honda wheels though, were too expensive, heavy and non-concave. I am not really into stock look, but I understand where you come from.

My only kinda regret was not going for something bigger. Should have gone with 22s, if not 20s, was worried that fitting will be off, due to all the mis-informed folks on the net writing about how the CR-V wheelwell is small, how it may flout warranty etc. My 19s with 235/55/19 tyres was a small % off the original 17s in terms of rolling diameter, in compliance with the law, but I now see how that is over-rated and overly cautious on my part. The driving felt like the same as it was in the 17s, as I wanted a firmer ride as well :)

I may eventual move to a bigger set of wheels, anyone for near new 19s? :)

Rudy
27-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Thanks. Yes I am in VIC, and they are done by prestige sunroofs which are essentially outsourced from blackmans leather. Although the design scheme is done by myself (as in above posts). I don't think much of the Honda wheels though, were too expensive, heavy and non-concave. I am not really into stock look, but I understand where you come from.

My only kinda regret was not going for something bigger. Should have gone with 22s, if not 20s, was worried that fitting will be off, due to all the mis-informed folks on the net writing about how the CR-V wheelwell is small, how it may flout warranty etc. My 19s with 235/55/19 tyres was a small % off the original 17s in terms of rolling diameter, in compliance with the law, but I now see how that is over-rated and overly cautious on my part. The driving felt like the same as it was in the 17s, as I wanted a firmer ride as well :)

I may eventual move to a bigger set of wheels, anyone for near new 19s? :)

Yeah, Im not one into the stock look wheels either, I just meant that if I was to go back to a stock look , I would consider those 19s! (never liked any of the other oem wheels).

Ah I went to blackman a few years ago for a steering wheel and they do fine work. With the interior, do they basically cover the cloth in a leather skin, or do they remove the existing material underneath first? I've always wondered that.

wh1tehat
29-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Yeah, Im not one into the stock look wheels either, I just meant that if I was to go back to a stock look , I would consider those 19s! (never liked any of the other oem wheels).

Ah I went to blackman a few years ago for a steering wheel and they do fine work. With the interior, do they basically cover the cloth in a leather skin, or do they remove the existing material underneath first? I've always wondered that.

Feels like they covered it instead of removing material.

My advice go for >19 wheels. :)

Saw a hummer h2 yesterday in 26 inch wheels... !!! :angel:

UNLS1
30-04-2013, 09:22 AM
if you get honda modulo wheels my advice would be buy them from the dealer and organise your own tyres and fitting

Rudy
01-05-2013, 03:04 PM
if you get honda modulo wheels my advice would be buy them from the dealer and organise your own tyres and fitting

True, any idea of the rough cost and also how much they weigh?... would HUGELY appreciate it...thanks!

wh1tehat
02-05-2013, 09:51 AM
True, any idea of the rough cost and also how much they weigh?... would HUGELY appreciate it...thanks!

According to this user, its AUD480 per wheel (which more than likely should exclude tyres)

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1980892&p=10

Rudy
04-05-2013, 05:37 PM
According to this user, its AUD480 per wheel (which more than likely should exclude tyres)

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1980892&p=10

Cheers for that! Thats about what I thought it would be, actually a bit less! But still too dear for me. Might find a set on ebay one day!

wh1tehat
15-05-2013, 04:20 PM
I love this look.

22 inch Graphite Vossen CV3 *licks*

http://www.carid.com/images/accessories/honda-cr-v-accessories.jpg

wh1tehat
20-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Interesting White CR-V from the Indons! Custom body Kit with DRLs

http://mobil.otomotifnet.com/read/2013/03/08/339049/82/3/All-New-Honda-CR-V-2012-Totalitas-Sekalian-Promosi

http://gambar.otomotifnet.com/Kanal%20MOBIL/Modifikasi/2013/2.%20Februari/20130307_TotalitasSekalianPromosi_1.jpg
http://gambar.otomotifnet.com/Kanal%20MOBIL/Modifikasi/2013/2.%20Februari/20130307_TotalitasSekalianPromosi_2.jpg

wh1tehat
01-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Quick Update on something I plan to do on the front grill - to blacken the chrome front bits.

Looking for opinions. Below is a photoshop concept

Not sure if I should go professional wrap Gloss Black or use plasti dip (matte black with glossifier). I am also leaning to do the side mirrors black.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3685/8909738464_f4f5183ded.jpg

* most difficult part is the Mrs I think :)

UNLS1
03-06-2013, 09:47 AM
its a hard one, i reckon the gloss black would look great but i still love the chrome.
I dont like the modulo grill much.

wh1tehat
03-06-2013, 08:04 PM
its a hard one, i reckon the gloss black would look great but i still love the chrome.
I dont like the modulo grill much.

Agree on the modulo grill.

I do like the chrome, but now that there are more CR-Vs on the road ( a v good thing) , I thought it a fairly affordable attempt to stand out, and I like the gloss black on the range rover.

Thanks for the suggestion mate!

Rudy
04-06-2013, 04:16 AM
Id say make the chrome grille bars gloss black with vinyl. Leave the badge chrome.

wh1tehat
04-06-2013, 06:14 AM
Id say make the chrome grille bars gloss black with vinyl. Leave the badge chrome.

My mrs said the same exact thing. Otherwise, it will look "too gangsta".. o well.... :D

Thanks for the suggestion!

UNLS1
04-06-2013, 09:09 AM
im not doing anything to mine that stands out. the only thing i did was get privacy glass on the read windows (darkest legal on front 2) and i have black and white slimline plates so i can tell it apart from other white luxurys lol

wh1tehat
04-06-2013, 03:07 PM
im not doing anything to mine that stands out. the only thing i did was get privacy glass on the read windows (darkest legal on front 2) and i have black and white slimline plates so i can tell it apart from other white luxurys lol

Haha, yes, there are lot of white vti-ls with Modulos... slim plates are good, good on ya.

Changed mine as well to custom slim plates as well, both black though.

UNLS1
13-06-2013, 10:05 AM
yeah I mean both plates are black with white writing :p

Lowcl9
21-06-2013, 05:22 PM
looks real good, i just put 6k hids in my car and heaps better than the factory 4300k bulbs, not too blue but they look good. i like them rims :)

wh1tehat
06-07-2013, 09:58 AM
looks real good, i just put 6k hids in my car and heaps better than the factory 4300k bulbs, not too blue but they look good. i like them rims :)

I would like to also do that for the headlights and fog lamps.

Did u get someone to do it? If so, what brand hids and what was the costs?

If not, was it hard to DIY? :)

CRV14
10-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Great work. I am getting my VTi MY14 this week and I am sad that I can't fit the Modulo on to it.

wh1tehat
22-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Interesting look for a modulo kitted cr-v to change the headlights and also paint the bodywork in matching white.

http://www.permaisuri.com/include/read.php?file=autoshow/199509.jpg

wh1tehat
01-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Future mods

Modulo Emblem

http://img.tarad.com/shop/a/autodressup/img-lib/spd_20121130190128_b.JPG

========================

LED headlights (not with LED strip) - prefer bulbs over strips

http://backoffice.tarad.com/shop/a/autodressup/img-lib/spd_2013070225641_b.JPG
http://img.tarad.com/shop/a/autodressup/img-lib/spd_2013070225721_b.JPG

CRV14
01-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Wow ! Looks cooler than an the Audis. The bulbs are way 'classy' than the strips.

White Orchid
01-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Genuine question.

I am confused by peoples desire for a panoramic sunroof, when they go to all the trouble of tinting the side windows to keep the sun out, why is that so?

White Orchid
01-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Quick Update on something I plan to do on the front grill - to blacken the chrome front bits.

Looking for opinions. Below is a photoshop concept

Not sure if I should go professional wrap Gloss Black or use plasti dip (matte black with glossifier). I am also leaning to do the side mirrors black.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3685/8909738464_f4f5183ded.jpg

* most difficult part is the Mrs I think :)

If you remove the grille to do the plasti dip can you make a DIY for the removal process, I'll let you be the guinea pig. :p

I have tried to remove mine but cannot find what is holding it in and i don't want to force anything in case I snap something in the process.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?176854-2013-CR-V-Grille-Removal

wh1tehat
02-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Genuine question.

I am confused by peoples desire for a panoramic sunroof, when they go to all the trouble of tinting the side windows to keep the sun out, why is that so?

It's great for kids for long journeys, gives a bigger sense of space.

Sunroof is only for the front 2 passengers only, the pana roof is for all passengers.

Which is why I opt for the VTi-S.. if they had the Pana roof on the vti-L, i would get that in a heartbeat.

wh1tehat
02-08-2013, 12:04 PM
If you remove the grille to do the plasti dip can you make a DIY for the removal process, I'll let you be the guinea pig. :p

I have tried to remove mine but cannot find what is holding it in and i don't want to force anything in case I snap something in the process.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?176854-2013-CR-V-Grille-Removal

Decided against plasti dip for the front grille, as its angled too deep in, spraying it may run uneven, and too difficult to remove out. I will go for wrap for the front, and likely plasti-dip the rear emblems(or remove them). I got the dips sitting in my garage for months... too lazy.

wh1tehat
02-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Wow ! Looks cooler than an the Audis. The bulbs are way 'classy' than the strips.

I find the strips way too bright and too instrusive. I am fine with it as rear lamps like audis/bmws, but at the front it feels like it can take someone's eyes out. :)

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/attachments/do-yourself-mods/8775-2013-honda-crv-retrofit-2013-07-16-12.14.28.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdzxgqUOTZfs75aGJXqbwqpsRFIpa9y ZcTijLVAZxA1ywmtwIUUw

evolution
02-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Future mods

Modulo Emblem

http://img.tarad.com/shop/a/autodressup/img-lib/spd_20121130190128_b.JPG

========================

LED headlights (not with LED strip) - prefer bulbs over strips

http://backoffice.tarad.com/shop/a/autodressup/img-lib/spd_2013070225641_b.JPG
http://img.tarad.com/shop/a/autodressup/img-lib/spd_2013070225721_b.JPG

Since you are into the Modulo image, ever thought of putting it on the sun strip of your front wind screen?

I got one made up a few years ago for my Odyssey which has the full kit as well

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee128/rb1odc/9FF5F1E7-C737-4142-8F19-C6A573080D4B-923-000001A0F20CDC71.jpg

wh1tehat
02-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Since you are into the Modulo image, ever thought of putting it on the sun strip of your front wind screen?

I got one made up a few years ago for my Odyssey which has the full kit as well

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee128/rb1odc/9FF5F1E7-C737-4142-8F19-C6A573080D4B-923-000001A0F20CDC71.jpg

Thanks mate.

I had one as well many years ago on a previous Honda ride, not modulo though.

Good suggestion.

wh1tehat
18-08-2013, 06:57 PM
First Attempt at Plasti-Dip with Red, Black and Glossifier

Red "C", Black "-RV" and "4WD"... Looks not so good up close and with poor light. Looks good at >1m and in daylight.

Night Shot http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5516/9537111410_400f8b0253.jpg

Jordan Newton
12-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Hey mate,

The car looks fantastic. Not many of them actually going around with a tasty set of wheels. My mate is looking at a set of wheels but I think she want's 19's. Hard to find a reference of nice current CRV's with wheels.

wh1tehat
15-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Hey mate,

The car looks fantastic. Not many of them actually going around with a tasty set of wheels. My mate is looking at a set of wheels but I think she want's 19's. Hard to find a reference of nice current CRV's with wheels.

Cheers mate. I would recommend 20 inch wheels, more options and it looks much better!

Civic1990
24-01-2014, 07:20 AM
Christ that CRV is hot! I never thought I'd say that either!

wh1tehat
02-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Christ that CRV is hot! I never thought I'd say that either!

Thanks mate for the compliments... like to make it hotter if I could.

Not doing much these days, decided to remove the plasti dip as it wasn't up to my standard.

Am looking out for aftermarket DRLs and LED tail lights. For DRLs, was hoping for a LED one that sits in place of the current foglights, or the aftermarket EU headlights with built in DRLs. And something blacked out for the tail-lamps, but only previous models exist.

Edit: I forgot to add I have placed a Modulo Emblem on the front grill, and its looks great from normal distance due to the red contrast of the emblem against the black and chrome grill, but slightly off up close due to the curvature of the grill. Will post pics as soon as I can. its been a few months and I have totally forgotten about it.

White Orchid
02-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Decided against plasti dip for the front grille, as its angled too deep in, spraying it may run uneven, and too difficult to remove out.

Chris did you find it too hard to remove the grille too?

wh1tehat
30-07-2016, 01:11 AM
Guys, for reasons requiring us to have a 7 seater, the Mrs and I have decided to sell the Honda CR-V. I am expecting to take delivery of the new car in late September / Early October.

If anyone is interested in this CR-V, please email me at axtn@hotmail.com.

It has done only 45K, which is slightly below average for a 3 year + old car. It is in very good condition, and now comes with less than 6 months old Thule Roof rails and 2 bike carriers, which I will include. Serviced faithfully at the Honda Dealer, and will come with RWC.

Location is SE Melbourne, 25 min from CBD.

wh1tehat
07-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Guys, for reasons requiring us to have a 7 seater, the Mrs and I have decided to sell the Honda CR-V. I am expecting to take delivery of the new car in late September / Early October.

If anyone is interested in this CR-V, please email me at axtn@hotmail.com.

It has done only 45K, which is slightly below average for a 3 year + old car. It is in very good condition, and now comes with less than 6 months old Thule Roof rails and 2 bike carriers, which I will include. Serviced faithfully at the Honda Dealer, and will come with RWC.

Location is SE Melbourne, 25 min from CBD.

Regrettably, its finally going up for sale here. Many good memories with this family car.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Honda-CR-V-2013/SSE-AD-4307758