PDA

View Full Version : NSW convicted of driving with suspended licence - jury duty required?

bos1234
23-02-2013, 08:14 AM
hi

Recentlly I was convicted of driving with suspended licence. 1 year band and 450 in fine. I have jury duty coming up in a few weeks. Am I still eligible or do I have to send them a letter stating that I have a criminal record?

grifty
23-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Do you have a criminal record? I thought driving offences didn't give you a criminal record? Apart from drink driving and all the other silly things....

SHOGUNOVDDRK
23-02-2013, 01:29 PM
all the other silly things....

Like racing on GWH?

/MikeyGepicness

EM1187
23-02-2013, 03:01 PM
hi

Recentlly I was convicted of driving with suspended licence. 1 year band and 450 in fine. I have jury duty coming up in a few weeks. Am I still eligible or do I have to send them a letter stating that I have a criminal record?

What you have is a criminal conviction. Not a record. Murder, drink driving, and the high end stuff you wouldnt do is criminal records.

bos1234
23-02-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm looking at this link. Scroll to the bottom where it says disqualified drivers.
http://www.courts.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/cats/jury_service/exempt_excluded/offenders.html

"People are excluded from jury service during any period of 12 months or more during which they are disqualified by a court from holding a driver’s licence."

I am disqualified but still hold my drivers licence...

EGVTi
24-02-2013, 03:41 AM
Your driving privileges has been taken away from you meaning, you cant drive for 1 year. You are excluded from jury duty. I am pretty so the popo was suppose to take your licence away but if they didnt, you can use it as some sort of ID but you cant drive.

This happen to a friend of mine, got caught street racing. Popo rocked up to his house (they recorded his rego day before for racing) took his licence, handed out a court appearance. Now on probation.