PDA

View Full Version : Prang in carpark..how much to fix?

akelly
27-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Had to happen sooner or later a car reversed into me. Just wondering how much this will cost to fix ..Car still drives fine damage doesn't appear to be too bad. Need a new headlight too..
http://members.iinet.net.au/~k16charger/prang.jpg

eren
27-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Had to happen sooner or later a car reversed into me. Just wondering how much this will cost to fix ..Car still drives fine damage doesn't appear to be too bad. Need a new headlight too..
http://members.iinet.net.au/~k16charger/prang.jpg
instead of asking people on the net go get a quote !

eren
27-02-2013, 06:12 PM
also you can source out the parts . make a WTB section here !

PHO
27-02-2013, 06:19 PM
instead of asking people on the net go get a quote !

Its called panel beaters are closed at 5~ so just asking for an opinion to get an idea of how much it might cost. So angus can be peppered.

eren
27-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Its called panel beaters are closed at 5~ so just asking for an opinion to get an idea of how much it might cost. So angus can be peppered.
lols , well if he wants peoples opions i say , $2.50

jks , fender + bumper + headlight = 200 - 400. without respray lul

fillit
27-02-2013, 06:21 PM
tbh if it's just the fender, try and find one from a wreck and try to get a cash settlement from the person at fault, just get a few quotes then tell them you will fix yourself for $100 cheaper

curtis265
27-02-2013, 06:45 PM
unless of course.. it was a hit and run

:(

I think you're looking at a good $500

grifty
27-02-2013, 06:48 PM
$70-100 for a guard + $100-150 for paint

so basically $300 max.

bennjamin
27-02-2013, 06:59 PM
$70-100 for a guard + $100-150 for paint

so basically $300 max.

No proper workshop / repairer would give you a quote of $300 max - id say closer to $6-700 to fix that. Its not just a fender and some paint. All clips / fasteners will be quoted to fix etc too !

akelly
27-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Guy that hit me said he will use his insurance should be ok. Was just wondering what something like this can cost if I had to pay for it myself. His car is a lot worse of then mine!

bennjamin
27-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Guy that hit me said he will use his insurance should be ok. Was just wondering what something like this can cost if I had to pay for it myself. His car is a lot worse of then mine!

IMO read what i said above.

I would take all his details , tell your insurer and let them take care of everything. Dont think about taking the guys money and pocketing it.

charliebrown
27-02-2013, 07:34 PM

I would take all his details , tell your insurer and let them take care of everything. Dont think about taking the guys money and pocketing it.

Why not? If you can get the quoted amount and fix it yourself for cheaper (or not fix it at all) and other bloke doesn't have to make a claim, win win?

My dad got T boned in rear drivers door, he went and told his insurance, had to go get a quote and fixed. Panel beaters said he should have pocketed the money or at least not go through insurance cos the cars not worth fixing and still drivable

fillit
27-02-2013, 08:01 PM

Settlement out of insurance is a legal practice and is often suggested by insurers, if the cost of repairing it is less than excess + hike in premium it certainly is a worthwhile endeavor.

Also if you are on 3rd party, even with all their details, they still will not start a case until the party at fault lodges a claim.

curtis265
27-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Why not? If you can get the quoted amount and fix it yourself for cheaper (or not fix it at all) and other bloke doesn't have to make a claim, win win?

My dad got T boned in rear drivers door, he went and told his insurance, had to go get a quote and fixed. Panel beaters said he should have pocketed the money or at least not go through insurance cos the cars not worth fixing and still drivable

While I think it's clever, I would consider it unethical and somethinig that shouldn't be spoken about on a public forum

Jasemas
27-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Looking around $500-$600
Panel will be replaced and parts underneath fixed
Painted to match car

Or you could find a Honda wrecker
Buy the fender and spend an afternoon with your car

curtis265
27-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Or you could find a Honda wrecker
Buy the fender and spend an afternoon with your car

this.

also have unchained melody playing on repeat.

sodaz
27-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Probably around $350 - $600 to fix that.

bennjamin
28-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Settlement out of insurance is a legal practice and is often suggested by insurers, if the cost of repairing it is less than excess + hike in premium it certainly is a worthwhile endeavor.

Also if you are on 3rd party, even with all their details, they still will not start a case until the party at fault lodges a claim.

You missed my point

It's a good chance the OP is asking for a price to fix - then hitting up the bloke who hit him for the cash - with no intention of repairing it. Dodgy.

infurNOS
28-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Move to How Much/Where to buy section ?

akelly
28-02-2013, 09:50 PM
bit of an update...his insurance company called me today to say somebody will come out to inspect the car on the weekend. Guy that hit me admitted to reversing into me in the car park so its all ok..

Demanufacturer
02-03-2013, 03:23 PM
glad it worked out bud

_CRX_
02-03-2013, 03:44 PM
bit of an update...his insurance company called me today to say somebody will come out to inspect the car on the weekend. Guy that hit me admitted to reversing into me in the car park so its all ok..

Days of our lives .....

fillit
02-03-2013, 04:43 PM
You missed my point

It's a good chance the OP is asking for a price to fix - then hitting up the bloke who hit him for the cash - with no intention of repairing it. Dodgy.

It's still a legal practice (whether it's ethical is arguable), you may settle that you have caused x amount of damage and assign a monetary value. So long as both parties agree the case will be settled by person a giving person b x amount of money then it's perfectly legal. Regardless of whether the damage is fixed or not.

sensei_
02-03-2013, 05:08 PM
feel sorry for the next bloke who "damages" the existing damage. how do you determine who shares cost of what damage. its not like you can ask the panel/bumper and check whether the damage was there prior.

fillit
02-03-2013, 05:11 PM
feel sorry for the next bloke who "damages" the existing damage. how do you determine who shares cost of what damage. its not like you can ask the panel/bumper and check whether the damage was there prior.

If you feel that there was pre existing damage, the cars will need to go through assessment, you can always mention to this when you file your claim and have them match up the damage.

There's things like rust, paint condition, crease patterns etc which they can use to determine if the damage was caused by the other party. Also it's a violation on your insurance policy by not declaring pre existing damage!