PDA

View Full Version : Dash Mats

reppeh
03-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Hi all, first time poster, with my new 2012 Lux w/ Nav!

Just wondering if anyone uses a dash mat, and if so where abouts you got it from?

I live in sunny hot Darwin so I think its worth the protection!

Cheers

Mugen_Power
03-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Being that it is a 12' model you may only be able to get them from Honda at the moment. You could also enquire at Super Cheap Auto/AutObarn or any car retail outlet.

fillit
03-03-2013, 02:20 PM

Just wondering if anyone uses a dash mat, and if so where abouts you got it from?

Cheers

I don't think you can get a dash mat because it has passenger side airbags

grifty
03-03-2013, 02:51 PM
I've seen dash mats with the passenger airbag cut out before.

Mugen_Power
03-03-2013, 05:11 PM

Some makers will have the cut out with another little peice to stick on the air bag and some will just have a cut out and no extra peice. Honda told my dad that no-one will be making a dash mat for the 2011 Civic when he bought it but soon enough companies were selling them.

fillit
03-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Some makers will have the cut out with another little peice to stick on the air bag and some will just have a cut out and no extra peice. Honda told my dad that no-one will be making a dash mat for the 2011 Civic when he bought it but soon enough companies were selling them.

Personally I would not feel comfortable with an untested dash mat which may affect the performance of safety equipment, imagine being in an accident and the air bag does not deploy correctly.

Also I can't imagine a dash mat producer testing such products either.

caudex
04-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Just imagine getting smacked in the face with a dash mat when you are in a crash......

Type R Positive
06-03-2013, 10:09 PM
I got one, and I'm in Darwin too!

Type R Positive
06-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Just imagine getting smacked in the face with a dash mat when you are in a crash......
I think a dash mat is the least of your worries....

Type R Positive
06-03-2013, 10:11 PM
I got one in '08 from Honda themselves shortly after I got my Euro.

tinymoon
06-03-2013, 10:22 PM

Cheers

If you don't care about airbag compatibility or whatsoever. You can order from Super Cheap or Auto Bahn