PDA

View Full Version : A new setup

getm_up
05-03-2013, 05:57 AM
Hey guys just want to ask a few questions and theres a little bit of a story also.

i used to have a mtx setup in my accord before i took it off the road,absolutely used to hammer.now there is no longer any dealers in australia so i have to look for something else.

i spoke to a stereo installer regarding a new setup.i told the guy what i wanted in my car again.the quote came to 5k-8k :S. i dont know what the big jump in price is either,he is yet to reply.basically i am looking for something that is a quality setup that is Clean,Loud and has Bass

Hertz and Audison are to be used for the components.
are they any good.
Is it over priced
what other brands are good quality that i may look into

any audio help would without flaming would be muchly appreciated as im pretty noob in buyin audio gear.

thanks

trism
05-03-2013, 06:04 AM
Hertz and Audison are good brands. and for 5k-8k, they must be the top of the line models.

Was that quote including install? Who did you speak to? How much do you want to spend, give us a budget to work off. What sort of music do you listen to mostly? How loud? Do you prefer a bass heavy system? In an EK Sedan? What gear have you already got?

getm_up
05-03-2013, 06:19 AM
it was audio express i spoke to over the phone. i told him i wanted 3-4 subs.speakers in the front and rear doors and also the parcel shelf.
i he didnt tell me if that included install.
price should be to much of a issue.aslong as i got something to work towards. 5-8k is probably a good estimate.
i do listen to bassy songs. mostly rap,bit of dance.
i love bass, but it has to be a clean sound.
its going in a 1994 honda accord sedan.
i have a MTX setup but it is going in my tx3

trism
05-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Ok, i dont want to tell you what to do with your money.

But.

you dont need 4 subs. you dont need front door, rear door, and parcel shelf speakers.

I guarantee that if you wanna spend say 6k, all you need is front speakers, one sub, and amps to run them, and itd sound better, and get louder than spending the same money on all that gear. Not only this, its gonna be easier to install.

Does the cost need to include a headunit as well? Do you normally use cds or connect an iphone, or what?

Heres what id recomend, based on the assumption that you wanna get loud, and have bass.

Sub - RE Audio XXX (http://www.reaudio.com/woofers.php) Should be able to pick it up for about $1800. This thing is known worldwide for its extreme power handling abilities, and how it can go louder and lower, while sounding better than any sub youve ever heard. I use the original version, its nearly 10 years old and still blows the doors off nearly any sub out there. power handling is 2000wrms, but you can put 3k into it all day every day
Front Speakers - Also look into the Re Audio catalogue, the XXX range of speakers, about $800 for the pair.

Sub Amp - Mosconi Gladen AS 300.2 (http://www.mosconi-system.it/product/as300-2/). Youll get 1800wrms out of it, which is below the power handling of the sub, but i can guarantee, itd be plenty. About $1100
Front stage Amp - Mosconi Gladen AS 100.4 (http://www.mosconi-system.it/product/as100-4/). 4 channel, bridge it to create a 2 channel, giving you 480wrms into each side. $900

So far we are at $4600ish

Add in say 2k for install labour/materials, and a couple of hundred for misc parts like wiring, and youre at 7k

I can assure you this would be all you needed to melt your face off. You really dont need 4 subs, and 3 pairs of speakers for good sound. Quality over quantity.

Now as for buying these brands, shoot an email off to Rick at Formaudio (http://formaudio.com/contact), tell him trism sent you, and he should hopefully look after you on prices, and help you out with anything else you might need.

getm_up
05-03-2013, 09:15 AM
you are a legend. i appreciate the time and help that you have given me.
ill send him a email now, again i appreciate it

getm_up
06-03-2013, 04:39 PM
trism as i said u are a legend. 1k 6x9's here we come lol