PDA

View Full Version : injen and filter combo

an93l
08-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Just a few questions has anyone changed the injen filter for another one with more surface area?

Something like this (http://i.ebayimg.com/12/!B+zeZ2g!2k~$%28KGrHqIOKjgEzIRR+eYbBN!3IYW+rg~~_35 .JPG)

And was wondering if it would help that bit and are all filters are the same size and can fit the injen piping.

rhys.l
09-03-2013, 08:16 AM
I'm running a blox velocity stack and blox filter on the end of my injen (for dc2r). The size I got from jdmyard wasn't the best fit, but you can make it work.

No idea if it has made any difference to the car, just felt like wasting money at the time.

DakDak
09-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I wouldnt stress to much.
Filters are over priced do-hickies anyways.
You can make do with a supercheap/autobarn one and save the extra $50 or whatever for yourself.

eren
09-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Stock airbox ftw
heres why:
injen = HYDROLOCK & is longer so it takes more time to make power / less torque lol
short ram = although it is ok with Accel , it sucks up air in the engine bay
Stock air box = just in between and doesnt really suck up engine bay air
but to answer your question , filters actually dont 'change' hp enough to be noticed as long as its clean it should be good to go
my 2 cents

oopoc
09-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Stock airbox ftw
heres why:
injen = HYDROLOCK & is longer so it takes more time to make power / less torque lol
but to answer your question , filters actually dont 'change' hp enough to be noticed as long as its clean it should be good to go
my 2 cents

I have a few problems with this post

1)
Running a CAI doesn't mean you will get hydrolock is just means that you cannot drive thru as deep water. Easily fixed by avoiding flooded roads or by not driving like an idiot thru water.

2)
Yes filter choice has little HP change on a NA application but tests have shown a higher flowing filter helps a FI set up. Plus some filters are better at filtering than others and therefore more reliable power.

3)
Is the 'stock air box' is sooo good how come race teams that spend tens of thousands of dollars in r&d don't use them? Sure for a street application there are no real big/noticeable gains to be made. The ideal setup for NA applications is a pressurized box with the pickup sitting in the cold air stream with a high flowing filter I.E. the Mugen style intake boxes.

4)
Short ram intakes year good numbers until the engine is warm then generally go backwards as they suck up mostly hot air (unless you have a good heats hold in place). And a CAI will suck up mostly cooler air than its short ram counterpart. As you should know colder air is mote dense and therefore in theory you will get a better combustion.

5)
This is a thread for people with Injen intakes to talk about how they use them and to discuss things about them, so if you don't line CAIs why the hell did you click the link? And why the hell did you feel the need to write a post?

End rant

eren
09-03-2013, 01:27 PM
i had an opinion to share thats why bud

oopoc
09-03-2013, 01:46 PM
That's fair enough and it's a valid opinion. Yes in small motors like ours there are no big gains to be had modifying the standard intake. But this is a thread for people in whose opinion is that the CAI is a better option. They have obviously decided that the monetary offset is worth what gains/losses there are to be had. But how your post was worded is like saying 'all your opinions are wrong because X, Y, Z'

duzy
09-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Not sure if it would help much but i doubt it. Just stick to the existing filter, unless yours is dirty and warped.

Just find a pod that has the same size diameter as the injen pipe. I think its 3"?
Best to take old one off and measure diameter to make sure.

Daveho1
09-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Stock airbox ftw
heres why:
my 2 cents

lol its funny when people dont acctuly know about what they talkn bout.both of your cents are wrong.

any way there arnt really performance gains to be had by changing pods, but its concevable that deeper pleats on a given pod would yeild a longer service interval due to increased surface aria but i doubt it would make any diffrence really. honestly i think a pods a pod but its just kinda nice to have something of a quality item on the end of that expensive engine even if its a waste of money.

an93l
10-03-2013, 09:58 PM
I woulda thought that a larger surface area would allow for intaking air faster.

Perhaps area of 4 will intake 4 units and 6 will intake 6 unit...then again the pipe is only so big ...zzz

JDM DC2R
10-03-2013, 10:07 PM
I though ill add this to this thread. why you shouldnt get a CAI pipe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSCtRNhb6JE

JDM DC2R
10-03-2013, 10:24 PM
I have a few problems with this post

1)
Running a CAI doesn't mean you will get hydrolock is just means that you cannot drive thru as deep water. Easily fixed by avoiding flooded roads or by not driving like an idiot thru water.Driving in wet weather, will cause slight ly damp filter. Causing more restriction

2)
Yes filter choice has little HP change on a NA application but tests have shown a higher flowing filter helps a FI set up. Plus some filters are better at filtering than others and therefore more reliable power.

3)
Is the 'stock air box' is sooo good how come race teams that spend tens of thousands of dollars in r&d don't use them? Sure for a street application there are no real big/noticeable gains to be made. The ideal setup for NA applications is a pressurized box with the pickup sitting in the cold air stream with a high flowing filter I.E. the Mugen style intake boxes. Exactly so why touch a CAI pipe. get a Dc2 box and go from there

4)
Short ram intakes year good numbers until the engine is warm then generally go backwards as they suck up mostly hot air (unless you have a good heats hold in place). And a CAI will suck up mostly cooler air than its short ram counterpart. As you should know colder air is mote dense and therefore in theory you will get a better combustion.

5)
This is a thread for people with Injen intakes to talk about how they use them and to discuss things about them, so if you don't line CAIs why the hell did you click the link? And why the hell did you feel the need to write a post?

End rant

Daveho1
11-03-2013, 06:10 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?172997-Hydro-lock&p=3682262#post3682262
lets keep the lies about proven products to one thread

RenzokukenJ
11-03-2013, 09:49 AM

Driving in wet weather will not dampen your filter, under your engine bay there is a lining to keep water out, also in most cases it's in the bumper, where hardly any water gets in at all. However does that mean when you oil your filter, that it will cause restriction? No. Silly boy.

Dc2 box is not pressurised

lolmclol
11-03-2013, 10:01 AM
goot lols in this thread aye

jdm dc2r roid rage

JDM DC2R
11-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Driving in wet weather will not dampen your filter, under your engine bay there is a lining to keep water out, also in most cases it's in the bumper, where hardly any water gets in at all. However does that mean when you oil your filter, that it will cause restriction? No. Silly boy.

Dc2 box is not pressurised

It gets wet inside your wheel well. even when you have a splash plate. Also a oiled filter and a wet filter is 2 different things.

Oil repels the water. meaning it seats on the out side of the filter. Reducing usable filter surface. in turn restriction.

lolmclol
11-03-2013, 10:07 AM
It gets wet inside your wheel well. even when you have a splash plate. Also a oiled filter and a wet filter is 2 different things.

Oil repels the water. meaning it seats on the out side of the filter. Reducing usable filter surface. in turn restriction.

Dreamers gonna dream their own reality aye ... Water is going to stay on the filter lmzo ... Watajk

RenzokukenJ
11-03-2013, 11:53 AM

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

no m8

even if water gets on filter, as macca has said again, and even you have pointed out, water will not wet the filter. wont even effect it. dem drops be rollin off nom sayin

lolmclol
11-03-2013, 12:27 PM
jdm dc2r jelly becuase no injen

expensive_toobe

deuces
28-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Driving over little puddles, or if you drive over water and it splashes and shit, would that cause hydrolock?:S