PDA

View Full Version : Battery wont charge but battery idicator not shown on cluster?

justin333
18-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Hey guys As topic said, i have a integra vtir model but battery wont charge, just wondering will it altenator problem? but if the altenator dead, it should got battery indicator on the cluster but nothing happen on it。

Anyway i have replaced the battery from supercheap today n still battery go flat, then i used the old one back n jump start it with another car, it started n keep idling like 12mins but after that engine idle going up n down,cluster light going darker n i try to rev it, engine off..

Any if u guys got this problem before? thanks for looking n help

fillit
18-03-2013, 07:38 PM
alternator my friend, if the car isn't charging even on idle/driving then it's time to replace it.

try and get a reconditioned one with a warranty as opposed to one from the wreckers in unknown condition.

oh and check your alternator belt isn't loose or anything

justin333
18-03-2013, 08:23 PM
alternator my friend, if the car isn't charging even on idle/driving then it's time to replace it.

try and get a reconditioned one with a warranty as opposed to one from the wreckers in unknown condition.

oh and check your alternator belt isn't loose or anything

But it doesn't show the battery sign on the cluster.....

anyway, can i put a GSI B18B alternator on mine?

grifty
18-03-2013, 09:54 PM
But it doesn't show the battery sign on the cluster.....

anyway, can i put a GSI B18B alternator on mine?
had the same issue, light never came on. I don't know if a GSI one would fit though.

ECU-MAN
18-03-2013, 10:18 PM
measure the output voltage of the alternator with a multimeter while the engine running

the voltage will help you determine if its the battery or alternator

Johnie
22-03-2013, 03:52 AM
Also check the relay/fuse and check the battery loom