PDA

View Full Version : Weird Squeaking

crispy
22-03-2005, 07:31 PM
My Integra LS has developed a squeak coming from the front of the car.. or at least i think its the front. it only happens when i turn right and it gets louder as the speed that your turning at increases. I have no idea what it could be. My car is lowered, but not to the stage that the tyre would rub. I also have 17" x 7" wheels. i dont understand what it could be. If anyone could help me out, that would be great :confused:

__arjay__
22-03-2005, 07:52 PM
hmm g2ic has many many many posts about squeeking cars.

My car at the moment has a squeek coming from the front but that is only wen i go over curves and i guess lately a lil wen i turn. If you look where your front forks connect.. The lower control arm bushing is most deff deteriating bcoz it is 14 yrs old.

I have currently ordered the LCA bushing from Noltek through AutoONE. But they have to be sent from Eastern states coz they dont have any for my car in WA. So im waiting on them.

One way u might be able to tell is the front fork bolt isnt in the middle of the bushing. For example, my front fork is almost through the bottom of the bushing. I dont have any pics sorry. But get a mechanic to check it out to be sure. My mechanic also said my radius rod bushing needs replacing but i dont have a clue where to get that.. So if anyone does, please PM me.

Im going to install my LCA bushing myself.. I think u basically have to hammer the old ones out with a pipe or if u have access to a press than be my guest. But im a DIYer so if the hammer doesnt work.. im gunna burn the bitch! Noltek im pretty sure make their bushings for DIYer's. Nolathane was made by the guy who made Noltek, he just sold Nolathane and made a Noltek company.

If you have any other questions. PM me.
Crispy: Thanks for the False floor tips, Done mine and it looks awesome.

crispy
22-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Thanks for that.. I can probably get the bushings thru my work, Ill check it out.
btw... send me some fotos of the false floor!!

EG_2_TEG
22-03-2005, 10:17 PM
noise from CV joints?

__arjay__
23-03-2005, 01:56 AM
i dont think cv joints squeek do they... more of a clicking or knocking sound.

My false floor is in 3 parts. Top, n 2 bottom sides.. Take pics 2moro.

I might make a forum too.. so ppl can post their boots etc.. then get ideas from other to do it.. Its definately worth doing.

garett
23-03-2005, 10:15 AM
you should put fat fives on the car homie

garett
23-03-2005, 10:17 AM
you should get trent to have a listen he is pretty good
remember when he said that your clutch needed replacing cos it kept slipping the sad fact was it wasnt slipping he was just riding it like a bitch

FR33K
23-03-2005, 11:48 AM
mine squeaked when i was low on power steering fluid

crispy
23-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Ahh its soo true garett, soo true

FR33K
27-03-2005, 03:36 PM
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116955

thanh
27-03-2005, 06:12 PM
WD40 seems to fix all my squeaks =))

crispy
29-03-2005, 05:36 PM
I think ive figured out that the problem is the power steering fluid. I hope thats it. Im taking my car to honda next week to get it serviced so hopefully they will sort it out for me