PDA

View Full Version : Vti-s side skirt not fitted properly :s

Poeter
22-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Man, i just got my car on Friday. On Sunday my mum discovers how one portion of the side skirt on the left side of the car is bulging out. On that day, i went back to the dealer at Collins Rockdale, the dealer said no problem since it was only a loose clip and told me to bring it on the weekdays anytime.

On Tuesday morning, i took my car to the dealer and left it to them to fix while i went uni. I came back to pick it up at 6pm and found there were masking tapes on my side skirt. I asked the service person about it and he said it was to hold it on while the adhesive dries. :confused:

He helped me took the masking tapes off but left one on since he said the adhesive hasn't fully dried yet due the wet weather.

hmm ok, it looks ok on spot. BUT when i came home, it went bulging out again and i looked closer with a torch, the adhesive looks messy and i didn't think they did a good job at all. ><

:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

Are the sideskirts meant to be attached by adhesive tapes or some clip?

Seems kinda dodgey if it was adhesive tape. :thumbdwn:

TYPE_ONE
22-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Dude, the VTiS sideskirts are attached by clips and screws included with the sideskirts. No adhesive required... I think you should send it back to Honda and talk to their manager or something.

Did you buy your Jazz brandnew? I got my new Jazz aswell last Thursday... :) I only got the VTi though :(

Poeter
22-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Yup, i got mine brand new too.

Jan 05 build. I'm quite impressed with the car except the side skirt problem.

supatt
22-03-2005, 08:46 PM
hi poeter....i got a 03 jazz....VTIS and the side skirts are held on with screws and clips..... the only complaint is that i with there was a water seal on the thing.....just because there is a tiny gap like it is not really flush....eg if you look at the WRX body kit... there is a rubber seal around all of the skirts where it joins the body...so there is no gap..!!...feel like taking mine off and putting the rubber seal around....!

muli
22-03-2005, 09:08 PM
they shouldnt be glued on, go back and complain

bigdongers
22-03-2005, 09:51 PM
maybe the 05 VTiS is different?? The front and rear bumpers now have integrated skirts so the side skirts may be held together differently too? still its bad of them not to fix it properly for you though

Dreams
22-03-2005, 11:14 PM
uhhh.. i hate when people using silicon to attach bodykit..

ahcash
22-03-2005, 11:48 PM
Can you possibly take a picture of the part which is bulging out? I've got a 05 VTi-S too and do not have any issue..

^CarBoy^
23-03-2005, 12:28 AM
while we are on the subject of bodykits and about the face lift model jazz 2005 model... Do you think Honda Australia is selling the VTiS front bar without the foglights? I know in Japan that they supply this on some Jazz's without foglights....

I was also thinking if the old shape front bar and rear bar will fit the 2005 Jazz? Cause if I cannot get that 2005 VTiS front bar without the foglight, i'll just put on the old shape front bar and buy the MODULO kit from Honda...

Last question... the wing of the old shape VTiS looks better. Do you guys think this will fit the 2005 Jazz?? I should aye??

Villains
23-03-2005, 03:56 PM
wow... USING MASKING TAPE? complain ... tell them.. FIX IT.. or I want my Money BACK

Poeter
23-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Photos of the skirt (members.optusnet.com.au/pwong86/car/skirt.JPG)

This is how it looks like now. :(

It's a messy job too since u can see the black drops around the gap which i have been complaining about.

My car is new and due to the crappy weather, my car is covered with dust :thumbdwn:

spoon fit
23-03-2005, 07:29 PM
shit!

Poeter
23-03-2005, 07:35 PM
I reckon!!

Is this what honda calls quality service??
I rather fix it myself if their service is like this.

Spoon-Accord
23-03-2005, 07:45 PM
go and complain to the headoffice.. ring up operator..
and find honda's head office number.. report bad service from that dealer
:D

ahcash
23-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Photos of the skirt (members.optusnet.com.au/pwong86/car/skirt.JPG)

It's a messy job too since u can see the black drops around the gap which i have been complaining about.

My car is new and due to the crappy weather, my car is covered with dust :thumbdwn:

That is ugly arse man... call Honda up and complaint.. or go to a different dealer for a second opinion.. I certain don't have this around my car...

spoon fit
23-03-2005, 08:17 PM
want to ask the side skirt fitted in japan or australia?

crazyray
24-03-2005, 08:49 AM
that is shit you should go and complain as i have a O5 model and i dun have that on mine!

flipmods
24-03-2005, 09:41 AM
That is not acceptable Honda workmanship. Go back and complain and tell them you want to see them remove that sikaflex. Sikaflex should not be used and is imposible to remove off your paintwork. While you are at it send a pic to the Head office or give them a call and tell them you are going to the department of fair trading if it is not fully repaired.

Such a shame they damaged your brand new car. Good luck.

wyl03
24-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Definitely send a copy of the picture when you lodge your complain.

Oldman
24-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Photos of the skirt (http://members.optusnet.com.au/pwong86/car/skirt.JPG)

I have installed the VTIS kit on my Jazz b4.
If you look under the side skirt there are 3 mounting blocks and 6 screws to
mount the skirt. On the inside of the skirt there are approx. 10 plastic clips that clip onto the skirt and the car.
Your side skirt must have some broken clips, that is why there is a big gap.
Those clips have got to be special order from Honda Aust.

I guess your dealer don't have those clips in stock so they use sikaflex (those black satff) for quick fix. Sikaflex cured time is about 2 hours and the bonding is very strong. It cannot be removed with any chemical once cured. Only sanding will removed it.

Do not try to remove your side skirt since they have used sikaflex, you might damage it.
Take your car back to the dealer.

Poeter
25-03-2005, 01:46 AM
Hmm, can't the black stuff be removed by some kinda solvent such as nail polish or ethanol?

^CarBoy^
28-03-2005, 10:55 AM
no way you can take sikaflex off... the only way of taking it off is by sanding it. It's very very hard to take off trust me.

just take it back to the dealer... what they did is shocking... it's no excuse... If you don't mind me asking... what dealer did you buy your car from?

Villains
28-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Fuk.... Ur Side skirt is damn ugly.... like the other said go to head office.. and complain...

Poeter
28-03-2005, 09:55 PM
no way you can take sikaflex off... the only way of taking it off is by sanding it. It's very very hard to take off trust me.

just take it back to the dealer... what they did is shocking... it's no excuse... If you don't mind me asking... what dealer did you buy your car from?

I bought mine from Collins

^CarBoy^
28-03-2005, 11:56 PM
Collins... ic ic... :( talk to the manager man... you got a brandnew car and it looks like that... it's not right.

Poeter
29-03-2005, 05:10 PM
yep, went bak and they'll order me a new skirt.