PDA

View Full Version : CL9 Apexi ws2 catback

mrgu
22-03-2013, 10:43 AM
I have been considering a catback for my car for a while now..

After all the consideration, I have had my heart set on the apexi ws2

Any reviews from those who had them ? I watched few youtubes clips.. Not too loud..not too quiet

I was quoted US$ 1269.73 delivered via UPS to Australia

Much better alt to fujitsubo AU$1696

Thoughts?

Updates:

If buying two which price will be reduced to us$1141 shipped. Pm me if interested

mrgu
22-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Pm me for detail if u r interested

rogue_mc
22-03-2013, 11:58 AM
I had just the muffler on my 3rd gen Prelude and it was close to perfect. Quiet, but sounded awesome at high revs. I'd definitely recommend it but not sure how it goes on a CL9

Fredoops
22-03-2013, 01:42 PM
what about comptech? HT's having a sale on CT products at the moment.

mrgu
22-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Fred...Er... This item is discontinued from heeltoe website (sound similar to fujitsubo but doesn't feel right could be me)

Fredoops
22-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Darn, ct was my fav exhaust soud.

Oh well.

mrgu
23-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Not bad at all with the sound

yeahCEZZ
23-03-2013, 11:26 AM
I sorta am interested in the WS2 i'm just not sure because all the piping is mild steel and only the mufflers are stainless steel.

Fredoops
23-03-2013, 11:37 AM
I sorta am interested in the WS2 i'm just not sure because all the piping is mild steel and only the mufflers are stainless steel.

really?

in that case it's not cheap then.

EDIT, you can get Japan made Tanabe for less than $1400 shipped from Ebay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TANABE-EXHAUST-TOURING-MEDALION-ACURA-TSX-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-04-08-/260761773808?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb69ce6f0

and Megan racing makes them as well, you can get it with a burnt blue Titanium tip.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Acura-TSX-04-08-Megan-Racing-Blue-Tips-OE-RS-Catback-Exhaust-/390496983728?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aeb6f1ab0

yeahCEZZ
23-03-2013, 11:57 AM
really?

in that case it's not cheap then.

EDIT, you can get Japan made Tanabe for less than $1400 shipped from Ebay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TANABE-EXHAUST-TOURING-MEDALION-ACURA-TSX-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-04-08-/260761773808?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb69ce6f0

and Megan racing makes them as well, you can get it with a burnt blue Titanium tip.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Acura-TSX-04-08-Megan-Racing-Blue-Tips-OE-RS-Catback-Exhaust-/390496983728?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aeb6f1ab0

Yes really :(

I think I might go with that tanabe looks nice and clean and sounds not to loud.

Fredoops
23-03-2013, 12:09 PM
and I think fujitsubo is discontinued.

mrgu
23-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Yonas has them in stock....

Tanabe muffler ugly and a bit loud

Mugen too loud

Apexi ws2 is Marcus s fav catback on cl9

Fujitsubo is my fav

mrgu
23-03-2013, 12:18 PM
APEXi Worldsport II Exhaust System Accord CL9 2.4 Saloon Dual Muffler

The WSII is the A’PEXi answer to the ultimate street muffler system with all around performance. The canister is made of the highest grade polished SUS304 stainless steel while the mandrel bent piping consists of high temperature, titanium particle coated mild steel. This muffler has always been the standard for aftermarket street exhaust systems. The oval canister houses a newly designed rolled tip for an extremely high class finish. Interior construction has been fine tuned for even more low to mid-range power. Countless magazine dyno tests have proven the WSII exhaust to be one of the best all around exhaust systems on the market. As always, all A’PEXi cat back exhaust systems come complete with all necessary hangers, nuts, bolts, and gaskets.

The World Sport II*muffler is for the performance enthusiast who has more on their minds than just pure power. This system is designed to provide excellent low and mid range power without excessive noise. The sporty, yet elegant look is made possible by using a polished SUS 304 stainless steel muffler, 60mm titanium particle powder coated mild steel piping, paired with a 100mm (3.93 inch) polished tip. Robotic TIG welds along with precise hand crafted welds ensure maximum longevity and performance. The WS system possesses all of the motorsports passion and intensity associated with A’PEXi products. This system is ideal for the daily driver car of an enthusiast, or for vehicles that want the high class sporty look without the noise.

mrgu
23-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust System 60.5mm Accord CL9 2.4 Saloon Dual Muffler

The Fujitsubo Legalis-R is a full stainless steel*performance exhaust system for the street. With careful design and development, Fujitsubo have created an exhaust system that not only increases power and torque through the car's entire power band, but*does it in a relatively quiet manner.

The Fujutsubo Legalis-R's noise level at idle is approximately 77db and tested at 4800rpm rises to 91db meaning that it is*an all round system that can be used on a stock, street or track*day car.

Fujitsubo's quality of*manufacture and*fitment*is legendary*with most competitors striving to*match or better this with few successful results...Fujitsubo even select the tip choice that best suits and fits your cars bumper.

mrgu
23-03-2013, 12:19 PM
CT Engineering Stainless Steel Exhaust System Accord 2.4 Saloon CL9 03-08

CT Engineering exhaust systems are manufactured using CNC machined flanges and mandrel bent T-304 stainless steel tubing.* All mufflers are polished stainless steel with a polished stainless steel resonated tip and have been tuned to give a deep aggressive exhaust note, without being too loud.

The CT Engineering exhaust system for the accord/tsx 2.4 is one of*the most acclaimed systems for this application as it has yielded some of the*most power using its 2.5inch system with 2x 2.25inch mufflers promoting high exhaust flow for stock and*modified engines including low boost turbo and low boost superchargers. CT Engineering has also designed the exhaust tips to resemble the stock Honda items so this system looks very understated and almost oe.

CT Engineering uses both its in house DTS engine dyno and Dyno Dynamics chassis dyno to develop all of their exhaust systems.

Full Stainless Steel, Mandrel bent piping
TIG-Welded by hand in-house for only the finest quality welds
Polished Muffler, Polished Resonator, and 4” Polished and Resonated tip

mrgu
23-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Skunk2 Megapower Exhaust System 60mm Accord 2.4 CL9 03-08

Dyno-proven for maximum horsepower, Skunk2 Racing Mega Power cat-back systems are constructed from T-304 stainless steel and feature Japanese Super N1 styling. Skunk2 cat-back exhaust systems unleash your car’s power by optimizing the velocity and flow from your engine. Each Mega Power exhaust is precision CNC mandrel bent using application specific tubing sized for maximum performance (2.25 inch i.d)*and is finished off with a straight through low-restriction racing muffler for uninterrupted flow.

CNC mandrel bending allows the tubing to maintain a constant diameter throughout the bend which allows the exhaust gases to flow through the system more efficiently. All Skunk2 systems are robotically TIG welded and come with stainless steel flanges. Each system has a fully polished muffler and resonator with semi-finished satin tubing. Skunk2 mufflers feature a 110mm diameter polished tip with an acid etched Mega Power badge and a serialized nameplate. A Skunk2 removable silencer and all necessary hardware are also included.

mrgu
23-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Greddy EVO2 Exhaust System Accord 2.4 Saloon CL9 03-08 Dual Muffler

The full stainless steel EVO2, is GReddy’s most popular cat-back exhaust style. Designed specifically for USA/UK spec vehicles with real JDM quality, styling and performance, the full stainless steel EVO2’s tuned straight-through design offers an incomparable combination of power and sound.
With 2.25inch i.d (60.5mm) pipework perfect for normal and high output*normally aspirated vehicles,*Greddy's designers carefully selected piping routing and diameters to link the offset muffler section. When installed on the vehicle, it provides the look of a small race muffler, while still providing excellent sound suppression for daily*driving and deep throaty tone under full accelerations and competition use. The greddy Evo2 is a true catback system with super high quality, power, sound and fitment combined!

Fredoops
23-03-2013, 01:49 PM
This might b out there but...

Why not just buy a pair of apexi ws2 mufflers?

mrgu
23-03-2013, 05:10 PM
errr....Fred....I donno how to answer this one...