PDA

View Full Version : having problem on DY16 engine or transmission

blu
31-03-2013, 08:21 PM
hi guys i just recently bought a honda coupe 96 model with DY16 engine i was thinking to replace the spark plugs i don't know the size can you help me.? and one more thing i was driving it recently and then suddenly when i was on fifth gear i was pushing my gas pedal to the floor but there is no power when i tried to push the clutch pedal and gave it an RPM the engine sounds good and i cant feel any problem on it where could it be..? on the transmission..? pls. guys help me if you had experience this king of problem before it can be worst.. thanks

EKVTIR-T
31-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Just go any Repco and tell them your year and model and they tell you what spark plugs they got

usually NGK, Bosch, Champion

Go for NGK if you can

blu
31-03-2013, 08:44 PM
ow thanks mate.. but do you have an idea what is the problem that i have expirience..?

EKVTIR-T
31-03-2013, 08:46 PM
To be honest I didnt quite understand it lol

could you explain it more clearly?

blu
31-03-2013, 08:49 PM
i was driving my car i was on the fith gear then whe i push my gas to the fullest it isn't giving some power then i push the clutch so i can rev it.. then when i rev it the engine sounds good it doesnt have some problem at all what is it..?

mocchi
31-03-2013, 08:51 PM
lmao wat

blu
31-03-2013, 08:54 PM
have any idea guys..?

EKVTIR-T
31-03-2013, 08:55 PM
So the power suddenly reduce then come back again?

we could have ideas but its very hard from what you explained :D

blu
31-03-2013, 08:57 PM
it didn't reduce it wasn't giving power at all i was like pushing it but it wasn't giving it.. my speed is at 80...

charliebrown
31-03-2013, 09:00 PM
hi guys i just recently bought a honda coupe 96 model with DY16 engine i was thinking to replace the spark plugs i don't know the size can you help me.? and one more thing i was driving it recently and then suddenly when i was on fifth gear i was pushing my gas pedal to the floor but there is no power when i tried to push the clutch pedal and gave it an RPM the engine sounds good and i cant feel any problem on it where could it be..? on the transmission..? pls. guys help me if you had experience this king of problem before it can be worst.. thanks

sounds about right

lol jk

EKVTIR-T
31-03-2013, 09:02 PM
it didn't reduce it wasn't giving power at all i was like pushing it but it wasn't giving it.. my speed is at 80...
Is it just one time only or happens often?

you can try this error code test just incase you have some fault,and better to do this before you go to workshop and waste moneys http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?8218-DIY-CHECK-ECU-for-j00-!

Daveho1
31-03-2013, 09:05 PM
what the hell is going on.......

from what i can gather you are geting no power in 5th, well pal welcome to the world of low displacment, low torque sohc engines. please correct me if this is not the issue?
maby you should try accelerating in a lower gear... im sorry i dont understand lol

EKVTIR-T
31-03-2013, 09:08 PM
He is from philippines so I guess his english isnt advanced yet but usually we can help

you can check what sparkplug here also http://www.ngk.com.au/spark-plugs-part-finder/passenger-and-commercial

since you got 1996 civic d16y the plug is BKR5E-11 :)

blu
31-03-2013, 09:10 PM
daveh01 i tried that already but same problem its not giving power..

blu
31-03-2013, 09:12 PM
no every one that i talk here in OZ says my english is good but i just dont know the term for the problem.. sorry guys any of you have a skype or facebook so i can explain it very well on video..?

carayan
31-03-2013, 09:15 PM
no every one that i talk here in OZ says my english is good but i just dont know the term for the problem.. sorry guys any of you have a skype or facebook so i can explain it very well on video..?

lack of torque

EKVTIR-T
31-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Your d16y engine is very weak so you cant just step on it with 5th gear at 80km and expect it to move fastly

it cant do that since its only 1.6litres and low horsepowers

you can change to 4th or 3rd gear if you need to :)

grifty
31-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Here is your solution, instant torque ;)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?171110-D-series-Jackson-Racing-Supercharger-amp-parts-for-ED-EG-EK

blu
31-03-2013, 09:23 PM
its not the torque of the engine guys i can play the tranny or the shifting the way you explain but the engine isn't giving it its like it has a busted sparkplug or the air filter is clog the feeling of those two that was what i had experience..but as i have put it on neutral and rev it the engine sounds good its only when pushing it its like it is lacking on petrol or something.

EKVTIR-T
31-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Hmm well yes it can be air filter,plugs,fuel filter but we dont know for sure

put the new spark plugs anyway because its always a good start

you can visually inspect the air filter yourself to see if its dirty or not

blu
31-03-2013, 09:27 PM
ekvtir.. the link you posted i might try it because last night the check engine on my dash light then when i turn the ignition off and turn on again it was gone..

grifty
31-03-2013, 09:29 PM
its not the torque of the engine guys i can play the tranny or the shifting the way you explain but the engine isn't giving it its like it has a busted sparkplug or the air filter is clog the feeling of those two that was what i had experience..but as i have put it on neutral and rev it the engine sounds good its only when pushing it its like it is lacking on petrol or something.

go to your local parts store and pickup some items to do a full service.

Spark plugs - you need a 16mm spark plug socket for them
fuel filter
air filter

Carby cleaner to clean the throttle body

EKVTIR-T
31-03-2013, 09:32 PM
ekvtir.. the link you posted i might try it because last night the check engine on my dash light then when i turn the ignition off and turn on again it was gone..

Ok that tells you something is not 100%

do that little test yourself and see if it shows any errors and codes

once you find that out we can help you further if you need some item to replace

Much better and cheaper than going to workshop and pay them so much $

blu
31-03-2013, 09:35 PM
hmm you gave me an idea grifty.. im gonna check my fuel filter and pump because in hearing it thicking sound whe i put my ignition on..

blu
31-03-2013, 09:46 PM
by the way EKVTIR-T can i try it to my coupe..? 96 model..? are they the same procedure..?

Spoon-Accord
01-04-2013, 03:26 AM
You don't live too far from me

If you want we could meet up and ill check it out for you

Kenny

Daveho1
01-04-2013, 04:34 AM
ok i think i understand now. i t sounds to me that there may be a few small issues here i personaly think it would be solved by a comprehesive service so;
oil and filter
air filter
fuel filter
spark plugs
gearbox oil
and coolant if its been a while. i would also go to a shop that will do an on car injector clean (the ticking you described earlyer says injectors to me) and clean out the intake system with an appropriate product. this will give u a baseline and can go from there (this is all assuming the car hasnt been serviced in a while)

Daveho1
02-04-2013, 05:05 AM
the other possability is that the clutch is slipping, i donno unless your try some of the things surgested to you then you wont know, and rather then just starting another thread in a diffrent section why not take up spoon-accords extreemly nice offer rather then ignoring him?

blu
02-04-2013, 08:03 PM
sorry for the thread flood i don't know how to delete this thread i want to delete it yesterday but i just don't know how..and i didn't ignore mr spoon.. i txtd him..

Daveho1
03-04-2013, 05:11 AM
why delete it just try some of the things sugested, part of the forum is to keep information available so 5 years down the track when someone has the same problem they will google search and find the answers they want, but you have to report back on your findings