PDA

View Full Version : Car doesn't start :'( 5th Gen Lude

mastermind54
01-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Hey guys

My 5th gen lude hasnt started since i parked it in my garage 2 nights ago.
At the moment when i go on to ON position all the dash lights etc comes on and i could hear the fuel pump and the green safety key light coming on and going off as normal.
But as i try to turn the key into the START position nothing happens :/

I dont hear the engine trying to come alive nor any ticking noise from the engine bay. What has gone wrong ?
I earlier had an issue where car stalling while driving but that was fixed easily by replacing the ignition switch for $50

Anyone with any ideas to overcome this issue please lemme know :D

Leee
01-04-2013, 01:40 PM
car stalling while driving? you might have a problem with the alternator.. not certain though

mastermind54
01-04-2013, 03:05 PM
nah that was couple of months ago. it was to do with a worn out spring system in the ignition switch

figured out this time its to do with the starter motor. i can get it to start by tapping on the starter motor while someone else is trying to start the car :D

Was wondering how much does a second hand starter motor costs ? :/

BG-33P
01-04-2013, 03:43 PM
I would pay between 40-80 bucks depending on quality / km's of the car it comes off. 100+ would be rebuilt starter territory i'd think.

I found this link which could be an option for you too:

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/19-projects-diy-article-talk/76298-rebuild-your-starter-less-than-20-a.html

Jasemas
01-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Try the battery?
Maybe replace/recharge?
Check if you getting enough volts to the starter motor

RenzokukenJ
02-04-2013, 12:19 AM
What year prelude?

97 had a lot of issues with ignition switch.

Otherwise, press clutch and brake, while turning car on

Mine has this option as a safety feature, didn't even realise until the other day (had it for quite a while now) and was pretty stumped...

BG-33P
02-04-2013, 05:51 AM
Won't be ignition switch as it seems the rest of his car is switching as normal. Battery sounds like its doing its thing.

if you have to hit the starter to get it to crank you've probably got a large build up carbon in there and you loosening it up enough so it can crank again under its own power.

this could be a common thing of the future when we're all running fully electric motors. Joy!

mastermind54
04-05-2013, 05:56 PM
cheers for all the replies
it was the starter motor

i replaced the ignition for $60 few months ago :)

Jasemas
05-05-2013, 12:35 AM
boo yeah

RenzokukenJ
05-05-2013, 12:07 PM
boo yeah

Boo sac