PDA

View Full Version : Should there be water here?

stevo1210
02-04-2013, 08:03 PM
I don't want to be a pest here at ozhonda, but I have a really noob question which I need help with... cause I love my Civic too much I suppose.

Anyway, I like to wash my car very often... like every few days since I live near the bush and we get a lot of dust in the air.

Usually I'd just wash it and wipe it down and then go inside again, I don't open the doors or drive off after a wash etc. I use a high pressure adapter on my hose... like those spray heads which you can adjust to have jet mode, fan mode, mist, shower etc for $7 at the hardware store (could this be a contributing factor because I just stand there and "blast" everything including the gaps and such?).

Today was a bit different... I washed my Civic and then a few hours later after I got up from my afternoon siesta nap, I decided to vacuum the car.
I opened all the doors as you usually would and I took notice of the drivers side and partially the front passenger side. Is there supposed to be droplets of water along my door sill? (see photo)

Where the yellow arrow is pointing to (Just a photo on carsales, I don't have door sill guards). So basically between the inner seal and the outer door seal, I have droplets and excess water sitting there. No, it's not leaking into the car because I just checked and my carpets & seats are nice and dry.

I only noticed this today after the many hundreds of times washing my car because I decided to vacuum after the wash... something I never do.

Just wanted to know if this was normal?

Thanks.

Cartoon
02-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Yep that's fine. Won't get in there with rain.

Rage King
02-04-2013, 08:34 PM
looks normal to me. just try to avoid too much pressured water around the door openings as the rubber seals in there werent made to accept high pressured water sprays.

BG-33P
03-04-2013, 07:36 AM
as the others have said, its fine. Its on the outside of where the door seal is so its expected.

When i wash my car and wipe it down i usually open all the doors, bonnet and boot and wipe these areas down as well. Water can build up and pool in those areas and cause you some rust issues in the long run. Its best to quickly wipe it down and get rid of it. :thumbsup:

lolmclol
05-04-2013, 09:19 AM
yeah ... its fine ... the rubber seal is further up to prevent it going inside the car.