PDA

View Full Version : Sat nav for 07 Accord - Found something that works well!

stevo1210
02-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

Parents wanted to get a reverse camera and also satellite navigation in the car. Usually I'd just rip the head unit out and replace it with a Pioneer GPS deck or the like but the Accord has a pain in the arse dashboard design which doesn't really let me do this.
I am aware of some solutions which other ozhonda members have purchased which also replace the A/C controls etc.
However, today one of my work colleagues had this in his Accord euro (same dash design as the normal Accord), and I think I just found the solution to my problems! :P

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190817606126?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It looks very cool, like the sat nav system in the Lexus IS200 where the screen flips up. The plastics seem pretty OEM to me and best of all, you won't have to change the climate control (especially you CL7 owners who can't get the outside temp readings to work anymore) AND you can keep the 6 disc changer with the awesome stock sound!

From what I saw today, the maps is provided by iGO maps. Interface is moderately responsive... like the Eonon units. It plays MP3/WMA, has a USB lead and an SD card slot on the right hand side of the screen for the GPS I assume. To get sound from this nifty device, you need to set the HU to AUX. Amplification etc. is done by the stock HU. However, bluetooth and GPS sound goes through the tiny speakers on the unit itself and not through the car speakers, so you may need to listen carefully if you're slightly deaf.

Just a note that you can't watch DVD's on this, but who watches DVD's anyway? That USB stick does everything!

So, I'm going to bite the dust (after I send my Civic to the dealer for it's accessories upgrades) and pick this one up for the parents and also do a review for you guys if you like! :-)

Price wise, $400 is a bit steep for something that doesn't play DVD's, but at least it integrates with the car very well and you can probably pretend you have a Lexus... while driving an Accord. :P

Fits CL7 Euro and also normal Accord (03-07). :-)

longers
02-04-2013, 09:20 PM
damn where was this when i was looking for a screen solution. good find!

kil41t
21-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Has the unit arrived yet? A review would be great as I'm thinking of going this option when I get my accord.

Fredoops
28-04-2013, 11:20 PM
this would work for CL9 as well.

Snoop_gee
01-05-2013, 10:50 AM
most of these sites that show these great products are usual from Asia or USA.
It would be great to know if this actually works in a local car here in AUS.

To avoid complications like this (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?173603-Accord-Euro-Electrical-Schematic)

longers
01-05-2013, 05:06 PM
^ Not sure if you know what exactly is going on in that thread you linked.
He is trying to fit an OEM Navigation System where as the OP has posted an aftermarket system. The two are very different.

Fredoops
06-05-2013, 01:30 AM
The OP is trying to use an addon unit.

So he's not even touching the OEM headunit.

Smart.